New Jeddah circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
F1NAC

New Jeddah circuit

What do you think?

To me it looks ugly AF

NathanOlder

Re: New Jeddah circuit

Yup, a load of rubbish! Just how Hanoi looked when we first saw that.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Zynerji

Dumb

Vasconia

Its maybe nothing special but a fast track with tight corners could give us a suprise as Baku did and we could enjoy some fun races.

El Scorchio

F1NAC wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 12:00
What do you think?

To me it looks ugly AF

https://mobile.twitter.com/F1/status/13 ... 6291193859
It looks like a giant sperm.
But if it'll give some good racing and decent overtaking opportunities, who cares!

jjn9128

Isn’t this years track a temporary circuit while they build a proper facility?!
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Just_a_fan

Almost certainly will be processional unless the 2022 rules really do work. Lots of high speed corners tends not to help overtaking. The last sector might work but it's all down to the ability to follow.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

LM10

Horrible track. No single driver will like it. Just cancel the whole GP.

Sieper

That will be an expensive weekend with lots of cars in the wall.

SiLo

I legitimately had no clue what part of the track I was on for most of it. Like it all looked exactly the same. Left...right...left...right...hairpin....left...right...left...right
Felipe Baby!

MtthsMlw

Blown up Formula E circuit but at least these cars can follow each other closely

Mogster

MtthsMlw wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 13:28
Blown up Formula E circuit but at least these cars can follow each other closely
Yes, my first thought also. It really looks and feels like a FE track.

With a clean slate and practically unlimited resources I was intrigued to see what they’d come up with. Very disappointed. Hanoi at least had some intriguing and unusual elements.

JordanMugen

NathanOlder wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 12:05
It's a street circuit is it not? It doesn't seem too different to Montreal Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve, which is considered a classic circuit, so it should be fine I guess. :)

LM10 wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 13:05
I don't follow. The track seems extremely similar to Montreal to me!? Nowhere near as bad as Sochi for instance.

If you'd look at a piece of paper, you'd think the Adelaide Parklands Circuit is rubbish too, but it turned out to be a classic and vastly superior to the likes of Detroit. :)

SiLo wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 13:25
I legitimately had no clue what part of the track I was on for most of it. Like it all looked exactly the same. Left...right...left...right...hairpin....left...right...left...right
No different to Montreal or Melbourne, which both contain many fast left-right switchbacks, and which are both considered fine tracks.

Sieper wrote:
It's a street circuit, what do you expect? :)

isullivan

Looks too tight and fast and with the high barriers overtaking won't be easy, and when someone inevitably hits the wall cleaning and repairs will take ages, especially with an inexperienced local crew.

ENGINE TUNER

JordanMugen wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 15:57
NathanOlder wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 12:05
It's a street circuit is it not? It doesn't seem too different to Montreal Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve, which is considered a classic circuit, so it should be fine I guess. :)

LM10 wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 13:05
I don't follow. The track seems extremely similar to Montreal to me!? Nowhere near as bad as Sochi for instance.

If you'd look at a piece of paper, you'd think the Adelaide Parklands Circuit is rubbish too, but it turned out to be a classic and vastly superior to the likes of Detroit. :)

SiLo wrote:
No different to Montreal or Melbourne, which both contain many fast left-right switchbacks, and which are both considered fine tracks.

Sieper wrote:
It's a street circuit, what do you expect? :)
Disagree, this track is nothing like CGV and much more similar to Melbourne park, but without the good part of it, turn 10/11. Hanoi would have been a great track, and CGV is one of my favorites, but this track will lead to even more processional races than Australia. The braking zones are not hard/long enough to allow any overtaking maneuvers. And there will be alot of safety car periods, and they will be long SC periods because of the lap length. This track is all around poor.
Last edited by ENGINE TUNER on 24 Mar 2021, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.