F1 Team Power Gain Speculations

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SuperCNJ

F1 Team Power Gain Speculations

Just a bit of speculation ahead of the first race based on not a lot of information purely for a bit fun :D - what are people's thoughts on the power gains from each team this year and what do you think they are running in terms of power output now?

The reports are that Mercedes, Honda and Ferrari have found some good gains over the winter. Who do you think have gained the most and where do you think they now stand relative to each other?

El Scorchio

Re: F1 Team Power Gain Speculations

SuperCNJ wrote: ↑
23 Mar 2021, 13:49
Just a bit of speculation ahead of the first race based on not a lot of information purely for a bit fun :D - what are people's thoughts on the power gains from each team this year and what do you think they are running in terms of power output now?

The reports are that Mercedes, Honda and Ferrari have found some good gains over the winter. Who do you think have gained the most and where do you think they now stand relative to each other?
Ferrari have probably gained the most, but as they are coming from quite far back, it'll probably be least impactful.

With regard to Merc vs Honda, I think it really depends on who you choose to believe. I've seen several posts on here taking as gospel what one team says but rubbishing and claiming lies as to what the other says in the same breath.

Maybe Honda have shown more gain on track so far, but I don't think Mercedes have really shown their hand, or as much of their hand, engine wise.

SirBastianVettel

The Race just release a video about the Honda engine. Engine gains are not just measured in power but also packaging. It seems Honda made good progress on both.

Mercedes has it bulge in 2021 which I believe Allison said gave a decent boost in performance, but is obviously less than ideal when it comes to the packaging.

I personally believe that the Mercedes PU as a whole is still the best this year. Followed by Honda in second place and Renault/Ferrari in shared third. This is obviously just my feeling based on what I've read online.

PlatinumZealot

What is smaller than size zero?

In some engineering sizes, they would say 0-0 or zero, zero.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

El Scorchio

SirBastianVettel wrote: ↑
23 Mar 2021, 14:55

The Race just release a video about the Honda engine. Engine gains are not just measured in power but also packaging. It seems Honda made good progress on both.

Mercedes has it bulge in 2021 which I believe Allison said gave a decent boost in performance, but is obviously less than ideal when it comes to the packaging.

I personally believe that the Mercedes PU as a whole is still the best this year. Followed by Honda in second place and Renault/Ferrari in shared third. This is obviously just my feeling based on what I've read online.
Allison did say the gains outweighed the drawback of compromising the bodywork. Guess we shall see!

Jolle

Normally Renault would gain 50 hp every press conference. Guess without Abiteboul they won’t gain so much πŸ˜‚

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
23 Mar 2021, 16:54

-1😏

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
23 Mar 2021, 16:54

zero or size 0
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

hollus

size 0, and then logically comes size -1
Rivals, not enemies.