2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
raymondu999

Re: 2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

He’s hinted it will be a Bond girl name... any takers on what it will be?

Obviously it should be Honey 😝

Edit — please tell me someone caught the reference 😂
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

My biggest question with the team remains... the team. Of course budget is one thing. But how will, for example, the tech dept adapt to having to lead the field (or trying to) on technical/aero/mech development and innovation? how would the team managers react to having now to drill their pitstop crew to RedBull-type standards? Etc.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

aMessageToCharlie

raymondu999 wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 08:57
My biggest question with the team remains... the team. Of course budget is one thing. But how will, for example, the tech dept adapt to having to lead the field (or trying to) on technical/aero/mech development and innovation? how would the team managers react to having now to drill their pitstop crew to RedBull-type standards? Etc.
They're not new to F1. This team has been innovating and chasing laptime for decades. Pit stops have always been important for every team, not only for the top 2. If anything they will improve in all these aspects as the money coming in finally enables them to test and implement their ideas and solutions.

TheFluffy

Not sure if you guys watched the "access all areas" video from Aston Martin, but pay special attention at the end. When Otmar was giving his speech, look at Lance's reaction. He definitely was not happy with what Otmar was saying. Maybe I am overreading that, but I do think it was a pretty big reaction from him. (with not toasting the champagne and dropping the glass immediately

Macklaren

TheFluffy wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 02:42
Not sure if you guys watched the "access all areas" video from Aston Martin, but pay special attention at the end. When Otmar was giving his speech, look at Lance's reaction. He definitely was not happy with what Otmar was saying. Maybe I am overreading that, but I do think it was a pretty big reaction from him. (with not toasting the champagne and dropping the glass immediately
What was Otmar saying?

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

NAPI10

I love the new helmet design....amazingly combines 'sponsorship commitment' & 'social message'.
Vettel might played the role in retaining BWT.

aMessageToCharlie

Macklaren wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 03:38
TheFluffy wrote:
What was Otmar saying?

It does look kind of strange indeed, but nothing offensive/controversial has been said imo. Maybe Lance just received a hot tiktok clip he had to check out instantly :lol:

TheFluffy

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 19:12
Macklaren wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 03:38
TheFluffy wrote:
What was Otmar saying?

It does look kind of strange indeed, but nothing offensive/controversial has been said imo. Maybe Lance just received a hot tiktok clip he had to check out instantly :lol:
I think it is basically implying its his "daddy's team" and I think he doesn't want to be treated like his dad owns the place. Maybe that's why.

hurril

Be interesting to know more about the differences in how you drive a car with a Mercedes or a Ferrari engine. He mentions it here and I saw some other clip talk about that as well.

IanMcNaughton

One thing I've noticed early on from Aston Martin is their Twitter presence. They seem to be more friendly and commenting on more things that don't impact them. As someone who's in digital media, I really appreciate the effort being put forward by Aston Martin.

Reply to Red Bull Racing:

Reply to F1 on Schumacher:

NAPI10

Only thing carried over from its predecessor for this team is 'Screw Ups'.....what a way to ruin only practice time available for Vettel. :wtf: :wtf:

yinlad

NAPI10 wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 18:13
Only thing carried over from its predecessor for this team is 'Screw Ups'.....what a way to ruin only practice time available for Vettel. :wtf: :wtf:
Ah yes, the Mercedes supplied gearbox and power unit that had issues is totally the fault of Aston Martin :|
MVRC - Panthera

TheFluffy

yinlad wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 19:15
NAPI10 wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 18:13
Ah yes, the Mercedes supplied gearbox and power unit that had issues is totally the fault of Aston Martin :|
It could be Mercs or Aston's fault. Because it is Aston who installs the engine and gearbox into their package. Don't forget the cooling solution is Aston's own design. Since we don't know the exact root cause, it could be either atm.

Morteza

Last edited by Morteza on 25 Mar 2021, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare