2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
DR30

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Bill wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 09:53
can you elaborate which technical directive shafted Honda last year .i only remember the ferrari debacle.
My observations from pre-season testing last year, indicated that they were exploring over-run MGU-H generation, apparent from the extremely cool "backfires" etc from the Toro Rosso's.
Then before Australia there was a reduction in the number of exhaust systems permitted to be used...
Then the fuel constant factor was reduced at part throttle taking away the ability to harvest electrical energy as had been designed ( and legal ) at the first ( subsequently ) cancelled GP. It appears Ferrari realised they could restrict at least one manufacturer by "helping" the FIA govern "cheating" Except Ferrari's alleged accumulation of fuel under said conditions was illegal, Honda's was legal as was harvesting electrical energy. Remember the catch phrase " Charge-on"?
Then the rumored banning of "extra harvest" that was legal also
Think that they lost a lot from having the whole concept deemed redundant.

At the same time it also took the pressure off Mercedes and their reliability issues.

So yeah, I don't think I would stick around.

Just my take on it all

MKlaus

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 11:14
From the MCL35 thread, they have build 2 new chassis and the testing one is now the spare
every team brings pretty much 2 new cars to the first race. every component has a shelf life and no one wants to use a any component from a car that has done thousands of kilometers of mileage. it's a risk if any of those components fail in the race weekend. needless to say, the components that gets homologated like pu and gear box, which are mandated to be used for a number of grand prixes, are going to be absolutely new.

101FlyingDutchman

MKlaus wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 12:52
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 11:14
From the MCL35 thread, they have build 2 new chassis and the testing one is now the spare
every team brings pretty much 2 new cars to the first race. every component has a shelf life and no one wants to use a any component from a car that has done thousands of kilometers of mileage. it's a risk if any of those components fail in the race weekend. needless to say, the components that gets homologated like pu and gear box, which are mandated to be used for a number of grand prixes, are going to be absolutely new.
Yep I know that. Was only answering the guy who asked the question

f1rules

Zak fueling the fire

Zak Brown is clear: "You will see Verstappen and Russell in #Mercedes in 2022, it is obvious "-https://bit.ly/3ckAuBZ#F1

wowgr8

f1rules wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 13:25
Zak fueling the fire

Zak Brown is clear: "You will see Verstappen and Russell in #Mercedes in 2022, it is obvious "-https://bit.ly/3ckAuBZ#F1
I highly doubt this. Mercedes are grooming Russell to be their new British champion I don't think they'd undermine him like that by swooping for Verstappen. Next year Merc lineup will be Russell + Bottas or Russell + Hamilton, depends on what Lewis decides to do IMO

El Scorchio

wowgr8 wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 14:14
f1rules wrote:
Zak fueling the fire

I highly doubt this. Mercedes are grooming Russell to be their new British champion I don't think they'd undermine him like that by swooping for Verstappen. Next year Merc lineup will be Russell + Bottas or Russell + Hamilton, depends on what Lewis decides to do IMO
Agree. Also if Red Bull win the titles this season, then why would Verstappen want to leave unless the 2022 car isn't looking good?

Mercedes probably give Russell and Hamilton/Bottas (all depending on what Hamilton does at the end of this season) 2022 to see how that works out. If Russell underdelivers, but they've built a fantastic new car, then you could see Verstappen jump across for 2023.

Hoffman900

These guys troll the media / each other for laughs all the time. :lol:

Half of what any of them say in public isn’t worth hanging onto for a second.

velizare

wowgr8 wrote:
f1rules wrote:
Zak fueling the fire

marko confirmed verstappen has an option to leave in 2021 if the car or the engine isn't good enough.

Seanspeed

velizare wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 15:37
marko confirmed verstappen has an option to leave in 2021 if the car or the engine isn't good enough.
This usually involves some sort of fairly rigid stipulations, rather than just a "Well I'm not feeling it" sort of reaction.

nzjrs

wowgr8 wrote:
f1rules wrote:
Zak fueling the fire

Why does Mercedes care if the champion is British or not? It's an honest question, I've never considered them a British team.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

wowgr8

nzjrs wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 15:52

Why does Mercedes care if the champion is British or not? It's an honest question, I've never considered them a British team.
I definitely look at them as a British team, everyone in their operation (that I know of) apart from Wolff is a Brit and of course they're based completely in the UK. And I'd guess they'd want a driver in the Hamilton mould, Lewis gets them a lot of fan and media attention in the UK which I presume is one of their main/biggest markets

Sieper

Either a Brit or a german. Exactly the reason why it is so special to see a dutch driver in the top of F1. Max would be an option for Mercedes, for sure, but the bigger countries always win out.

Wouter

Morteza wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 16:10
The partnership will see @Oracle feature on the RB16B and driver suits

The Power of Dreams!

Racer X

wowgr8 wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 17:17
nzjrs wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 15:52

I definitely look at them as a British team, everyone in their operation (that I know of) apart from Wolff is a Brit and of course they're based completely in the UK. And I'd guess they'd want a driver in the Hamilton mould, Lewis gets them a lot of fan and media attention in the UK which I presume is one of their main/biggest markets
Their biggest market presence is:

China, (977,922 )
Europe (937,881)
North America (372,144 )

a Detailed profile:

Mercedes-Benz five largest markets last year were China(977,922), Germany (318,353) and the USA (316,094) followed by Great Britain (171,823).

EDIT>>>> Other Markets include South Korea with 78,133

with *75,000* being the average sales number in most other Markets.

I really dont think they chose Hamilton because hes British i think they had Nico and Schumi because they were German but they decided to get the best person for the job instead. Which is why they have George and Hamilton based on merit, i think they are just simply focusing on drivers in their academy and George happens to be British.

EDIT #2: My opinion on MAX is since Mercedes AMG F1 is choosing based on MERIT i think they will take Max if they can or who ever is the best available option so yes RedBull needs to re-sign Max quickly.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ