2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

wowgr8 wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 17:17
nzjrs wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 15:52

Why does Mercedes care if the champion is British or not? It's an honest question, I've never considered them a British team.
I definitely look at them as a British team, everyone in their operation (that I know of) apart from Wolff is a Brit and of course they're based completely in the UK. And I'd guess they'd want a driver in the Hamilton mould, Lewis gets them a lot of fan and media attention in the UK which I presume is one of their main/biggest markets
Mercedes priority one is winning regardless of driver, they chose Hamilton back in the day because he was the best available not nationality.
Priority 2 would be marketeability worldwide, not specifically the UK, Hamilton is also very well known worldwide and an extremely good marketing tool.

George+Bottas(and i like George, but very few besides the hardcore fans know his face) would be a huge downgrade in marketeability, Max seems like the most well known young driver, he would fulfill both requirements amazingly.
And if George as team mate manages to make it exciting, and perhaps beat him, it will be a huge boost to his profile like it was for Hamilton to face Alonso who was pretty much "the man" after Michael retired.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

restless

Wouter wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 17:45
Anyone else who "sees" Rowan Atkinson posing?
:D

nzjrs

restless wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 18:17
Anyone else who "sees" Rowan Atkinson posing?
:D

Hahah, I see that now.

wowgr8

Sevach wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 18:13

Mercedes priority one is winning regardless of driver, they chose Hamilton back in the day because he was the best available not nationality.
Priority 2 would be marketeability worldwide, not specifically the UK, Hamilton is also very well known worldwide and an extremely good marketing tool.

George+Bottas(and i like George, but very few besides the hardcore fans know his face) would be a huge downgrade in marketeability, Max seems like the most well known young driver, he would fulfill both requirements amazingly.
And if George as team mate manages to make it exciting, and perhaps beat him, it will be a huge boost to his profile like it was for Hamilton to face Alonso who was pretty much "the man" after Michael retired.
To be clear I don't think they'd pick Russell purely because he's British, but I'm sure they like him more for that, as they're a British team. I also don't see them going for Max unless Russell and Bottas don't do the job in 2022

Curbstone

Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team may have their home base in the UK, but they compete in Formula 1 under the FIA racing licence issued by the German National Automobile Club. This makes the the team's nationality German.

etusch

wogx

nzjrs wrote:
Why does Mercedes care if the champion is British or not? It's an honest question, I've never considered them a British team.
You didn't hear about the British "mafia" in F1 yet? :-k Mercedes doesn't care, but the Brits...

And that's not bad after all, F1 is considered as an global sport, but there is more Britons than Germans or Italians on the grid/in the paddock/in the commentary boxes. Germans want a German champion in DTM, Americans love American drivers in Indy and so on.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Juzh

verstappens lap 1.31.394 (open in yt)

epo
epo

wogx wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 13:19
nzjrs wrote:
You didn't hear about the British "mafia" in F1 yet? :-k Mercedes doesn't care, but the Brits...

And that's not bad after all, F1 is considered as an global sport, but there is more Britons than Germans or Italians on the grid/in the paddock/in the commentary boxes. Germans want a German champion in DTM, Americans love American drivers in Indy and so on.
So less British people then.

Racer X

epo wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 20:55
wogx wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 13:19
nzjrs wrote:

So less British people then.

The British Mafia...
Well it's American owned now. They'd have to go threatening in America and we don't exactly have a fear of Britain. So that should go well...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Hoffman900

It’s never been a secret that F1 is primarily a British sport governed by the French...

Sevach

For those that like to interpret mood, corporal expression... i would say things are going quite well.

Manoah2u

Sevach wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 22:53
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Exa7XfuXIAE ... me=900x900

For those that like to interpret mood, corporal expression... i would say things are going quite well.
and yet all that could change with a simple DNF after engine failure 6 laps before the finish and see Bottas grab a win instead for example.

Not saying that'll happen, but honestly, it doesn't mean so much at all.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sieper

It happened last year in the opening race. Season over For Ver.

But we now know Honda energy recovery took a big hit by a TD right before season start last year and the car(s) stopping was apparently caused by that.