FREE F1 TV FOR 30 DAYS

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nfa
nfa

Re: FREE F1 TV FOR 30 DAYS

F1 TV Pro beats the available cable coverage where I live: no commercials, no truncated coverage, watch on demand, no cable tv subscription. Hopefully the increased resolution and frame rate don't result in dropped frames or buffering. Chromecast will be nice, won't have to hook up my laptop to the TV.

My biggest wish is to have improved integration of the timing screens with the app.... Maybe better commentators as well :D [-o<

zeph

Looong overdue, let’s hope they delivered this time around. I subscribed for 2019 and it was unusable, so I ditched it last year. If they’ve made good, I can FINALLY ditch Youtube TV.

Juzh

zeph wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 21:03
Looong overdue, let’s hope they delivered this time around. I subscribed for 2019 and it was unusable, so I ditched it last year. If they’ve made good, I can FINALLY ditch Youtube TV.
If you're still on the fence, promo code "F1TV25" for -25% is currently active for annual f1tv pro. Additionally they at last switched to 50 fps streams. I don't know if it will be for all streams, or only for world feed, but even that's already a big improvement.
Online interface is night and day compared to what was offered before update, with much faster loading of website and streams. Chromecast works without a hitch now and doesn't require any workarounds.

Overall a big improvement.

nevill3

If only we could all use this......the Paywall Sky has prevents many users from accessing this in their key European markets.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Cuky

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 03:13
They claim they send a reminder but I wouldn't rely on that, but in actuality you just sign up for the monthly access which in my area is about $3, so, not so bad if I decide to keep it.
They actually do send reminders. I got one on January 15th reminding me that my subscription will be renewed in 30 days. 30 days went by, February 15th came by and I wasn't charged because of free months they have added for not having races until summer last year because of Covid. My subscription at the moment is valid through May 22nd, as for if I will re-new it then it depends on how this season will be doing with Covid and how now upgraded service will function.

And even then, if I forget to cancel it will not re-new. Card that I have used to purchase my subscription can't be billed unless I have required amount on my account and I only put money into that account when I plan to make a purchase.

the EDGE

nevill3 wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 20:47
If only we could all use this......the Paywall Sky has prevents many users from accessing this in their key European markets.
I just signed up to now tv @ a cost of £23 a month for their 1080hd sky sports stream

I only have to keep it for 9 months, so £207 to watch the season, I guess the wife will just have to have 1 less weekend away this year, but with 23 races to squeeze in, that doesn’t leave many weekend left for her anyway 😂

The downside is I can only watch a live stream, there is no watch-on-demand option, so I will need to make sure I’m home each weekend to watch live

hollus

F1 TV Pro 2021

I just bought F1 TV Pro for the year. 82€ after counting the 25% discount (ends today), which is a better deal than the TV channel that carries F1 in Denmark, that would have cost 12€ a month and, for me, would only add the champions league (now almost over). Plus I can follow Alonso through the weekend. Not such a bad deal.
Let's hope they really have ironed out all the kinks.
Rivals, not enemies.

MtthsMlw

Has anyone tried watching from multiple devices? In the FAQ it says that would be restricted.

Zynerji

MtthsMlw wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 13:22
Has anyone tried watching from multiple devices? In the FAQ it says that would be restricted.
I was watching on my phone and desktop at the same time during FP2. No issues.

MtthsMlw

Zynerji wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 13:29
MtthsMlw wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 13:22
I was watching on my phone and desktop at the same time during FP2. No issues.
Thanks, I only tried for a few minutes and wasn't kicked out either.

hollus

Is airplay working already? On my iphone I cannot find the option to send it to my TV while on the stream.
It is a new feature for 2021, but is it working already or is only later in 2021?
Rivals, not enemies.

MtthsMlw

hollus wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 17:02
Is airplay working already? On my iphone I cannot find the option to send it to my TV while on the stream.
It is a new feature for 2021, but is it working already or is only later in 2021?
I think the app hasn't been updated. There is also no option to chromecast. Doing that from a browser as of right now.

hollus

Thanks. Apparently it is planned for some point in “the first half of the year”.
In any case, they seem to be on top of their technical problems. I watched the whole race at maximum quality in my computer while having Alonso’s on board in my ipad, later the info screen on the ipad. And there was not a single issue, not a single lag. Perfect quality throughout the whole race.
Rivals, not enemies.

dren

I purchased F1TV for the first time ahead of this past race weekend. I really enjoyed it. The quality was fine, seems to take a few seconds more to jump to an HD picture than my other streams, but it still worked once it did. I enjoy no commercials. For me, $79 a year is a steal considering I pay about that much for Hulu live, which is where I pick up ESPN for F1.
Honda!

Capharol

in Germany they stopped the F1 TV Pro