2021 Pecking order prediction

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2021 Pecking order prediction

Carl Mccoy wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 13:08
Leclerc destroys Sainz
Riccardo destroy weak Norris
Alonso ends Ocon career
Tsunoda humiliate Gasly
No
No
Yes
No

This one is easy.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Vasconia

Herr_Koos wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 14:57

AF? As in Alfa?

Most opinion pieces I read seem to think that Alfa's quick times were something of a glory run. Again, we're speculating here.
Sorry, I meant Astor Martin. In my opinion Alfa Romeo has improved a lot but AM should be the surprise here.

foxmulder_ms

Redbull
Merc
Mclaren
ferrari
aston
alpha
alpine
alfa
williams
haas

Bill

wolff was complaining that the new regulation favors high rake cars.what these these does is substantiate the claim i made earlier that in the past most regulation favoured mercedes more that why they never publicly complained.the front wing is an example for which they voted in favour nothing wrong with that thats life but the
onerous was on fia to keep rule stable we didn't have to experience the boredom of last year.its easy to say rule apply the same to everyone therefore others should just get on with it but the effect are not the same for every team because of different design philosophy so years of work goes to waste when you change rules and field spread

Herr_Koos

Vasconia wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 16:19
Herr_Koos wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 14:57

AF? As in Alfa?

Most opinion pieces I read seem to think that Alfa's quick times were something of a glory run. Again, we're speculating here.
Sorry, I meant Astor Martin. In my opinion Alfa Romeo has improved a lot but AM should be the surprise here.
We have yet to see anything remotely surprising from them.

godlameroso

Everything will be laid bare in 2 hours. It is looking ominous, but for once it's not Mercedes instilling a sense of frustration and helplessness on the grid.
Saishū kōnā

Manoah2u

looks more or less as expected, really. only that at the moment RBR is just a tad in front of Merc BUT still, it's race day where points are given so let's see.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

My sources were reeeaally wrong about Alpine. Seems they were a bit correct with some things, but the car is squarely mid-pack far from being a dark-horse. Oh well.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

politburo

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 03:10
My sources were reeeaally wrong about Alpine. Seems they were a bit correct with some things, but the car is squarely mid-pack far from being a dark-horse. Oh well.
Onboard with Alonso it just seemed like it was slow coming out of corners. Hopefully in Imola it is better...
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Herr_Koos

I did not expect Aston to be so far off the pace. Given where they were last year, it's surprising that they've dropped so far back. Perez qualified fifth and was on course for third last year when his engine gave up. Worryingly for them though, Seb looks all at sea. He had some good on-track battles but the rookie mistakes persist. Unless they have a major turn-around, AM will not be a threat for third place like most of us were expecting. It's McLaren v Ferrari all over again, just not for the top spot on the podium this time.

foxmulder_ms

foxmulder_ms wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 21:15
Redbull
Merc
Mclaren
ferrari
aston
alpha
alpine
alfa
williams
haas
After the 1st race, I gave myself a gotta boy, lol. I think the order holds with the exception of aston.

NathanOlder

foxmulder_ms wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 01:18
foxmulder_ms wrote:
Redbull
Merc
Mclaren
ferrari
aston
alpha
alpine
alfa
williams
haas
After the 1st race, I gave myself a gotta boy, lol. I think the order holds with the exception of aston.
atta boy maybe?

Pretty good prediction though =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

foxmulder_ms

NathanOlder wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 10:58
foxmulder_ms wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 01:18
foxmulder_ms wrote:
Redbull
Merc
Mclaren
ferrari
aston
alpha
alpine
alfa
williams
haas
atta boy maybe?

Pretty good prediction though =D>
Haha, that is hilarious. I was reading and email while writing it :)

Hope Aston's problems are circuit specific but do not think so from the complaining about the regulations (rightfully).. They missed a huge opportunity last year.

zeph

After digesting the race for a few days, my key takeaway is that Hamilton showed Verstappen he's still the boss; the way he defended was a statement, and I think Max got the message.

If it stays this close we're gonna be in for some fun.

Just_a_fan

zeph wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 20:17
After digesting the race for a few days, my key takeaway is that Hamilton showed Verstappen he's still the boss; the way he defended was a statement, and I think Max got the message.

If it stays this close we're gonna be in for some fun.
I don't think Max and Lewis need any messages. I have no doubt that there is respect both ways, even if there may be occasional public statements that suggest otherwise.

If the season is close, it will be fun. There will be a lot of cardiologists making money from it, however! :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.