most common podium combos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zeph

most common podium combos

Saw it on reddit, didn't know in which thread to post, so here goes:

Just_a_fan

Re: most common podium combos

The top one is likely to happen a lot this year.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 00:55
I'm not so sure, You not think Perez in a better car is stronger than Bottas in a weaker car :roll:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Just_a_fan

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 08:54
Just_a_fan wrote:
I'm not so sure, You not think Perez in a better car is stronger than Bottas in a weaker car :roll:
I think all four will podium in various combinations and this combination will happen a few times this season. Either way it will be a new record group at some point this season. The question of how often will be determined by whether Perez gets thrown under the bus more to help Max than Bottas is. I think RedBull would be happy to have Perez 4th or worse if it gives Max a win. Mercedes won't do that, at least not early in the season. Ironically, Mercedes's even handed approach could cost them the drivers' title this season.

El Scorchio

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 09:03
NathanOlder wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 08:54
Just_a_fan wrote:
I think all four will podium in various combinations and this combination will happen a few times this season. Either way it will be a new record group at some point this season. The question of how often will be determined by whether Perez gets thrown under the bus more to help Max than Bottas is. I think RedBull would be happy to have Perez 4th or worse if it gives Max a win. Mercedes won't do that, at least not early in the season. Ironically, Mercedes's even handed approach could cost them the drivers' title this season.
It'll be interesting. Mercedes I think will be much more interested in the WCC than Red Bull, who will unquestionably sell out in favour of making Verstappen WDC, and I am sure Perez knows this. However, I do wonder if Mercedes will have to prioritise one driver sooner rather than later to try and secure both if it's a tight season. (I would be very surprised if it's not Hamilton as he's likely to be leading Bottas in the WDC)

First and fourth yields more points than second and third, regardless of fastest lap point. So it's entirely possible as long as they can get the win, neither team is worried about the second driver on the track finishing third or fourth damaging WCC aspirations. Reliability will probably be a huge factor this season.

DiogoBrand

I think it's a bit of a shame that 4 out of those 5 are from the last 10 years.

Just_a_fan

DiogoBrand wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 14:40
More races each year plus extremely high reliability makes it almost inevitable. Back in the day, the midfield picked up results through DNFs occurring at the front.

This season is as long as the first 3 seasons added together. And more than any two seasons in the first half of F1's history.

DiogoBrand

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 15:15
DiogoBrand wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 14:40
More races each year plus extremely high reliability makes it almost inevitable. Back in the day, the midfield picked up results through DNFs occurring at the front.

This season is as long as the first 3 seasons added together. And more than any two seasons in the first half of F1's history.
Yes, I agree with all you said, but unfortunately F1 will never be as unpredictable as it used to be.

karlar1

zeph wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 22:30
Saw it on reddit, didn't know in which thread to post, so here goes:

https://external-preview.redd.it/Mpf42_ ... 993b74b8c3
I miss Schumacher-HAkkinen-Coulthard trio.