Introduce yourself here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
darthtimon

Re: Introduce yourself here

Hi - new here, but a lifelong F1 enthusiast! I look forward to discussing the sport with you all.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Schippke

Not sure if anybody reads these, but ehh... might as well 'lick the stamp and send it!' :mrgreen:

G'day everyone! The name is Matthew, long time lurker on this forum for years... but have finally decided to sign up and join in the discussions and debates!

About me, pretty much anything to do with transport I enjoy; Cars and Planes especially. Bit of a music lover (and singer)... then again who isn't! I'd say I enjoy pretty much all forms motorsport, though only really follow Formula 1 closely (ok, religiously!). My love affair with F1 actually begun around the middle of the 2000's and considering my age I guess that is more recent than a lot of forum members here. I had watch bits in pieces from the early 2000's, mainly the Australian Grand Prix as they were on at reasonable times on weekends in my younger years, but started becoming more regular as I grew older and started staying up later. I can recall the first race I properly watched 'live' was the 2006 Hungarian Grand Prix, where Button triumphed in changing conditions and the likes of Schumacher and Alonso faltered or ran into problems... was pretty much hooked from there onwards after that race!

Strangely though, whilst the racing naturally appeals to me, it's the technical innovation that made me grow more and more interested in the sport; It's pretty much unlike anything else. The amount of resources and funding that goes into these machines, the research that is involved all over the car, just for them to add a flap here or a slightly different angled winglet there, all in the name of a few tenths (or even hundreds of a second) boggles the mind... and I thoroughly enjoy seeing what each of the teams come up with next in terms of ideas and pushing the regulations to the limit (or over it *cough* Ferrari *cough*). But I guess that is why we're all here, regardless of those who just take an interest or the engineers who read these forums, all sharing that same passion for racing, the development of these cars, the future of the sport and regulations and discussing what every team should've done different in the race, because hindsight is a wonderful thing! :lol:

Finally, when it comes to who I support... I'm a Tifosi. Yes, sorry to disappoint you! I wouldn't call myself a fanboy, though that might be up for debate in the forums! Especially as of recent, it is a trying time being a fan of the Prancing Horse, but through thick and thin I believe a true supporter sticks by their team whilst being able to balance critique and praise for them as well. As for drivers, naturally there is some biased for Daniel Ricciardo (being as Aussie like me) and those currently driving for Ferrari, but I rate (and critique) all the drivers in their own way, whilst keeping respect for those that have raced in the past, not having watched them during their time in the sport... so I cannot say I have a favourite currently or all time.

For those that read this, thank you for your time in doing so and look forwarding to discussing with you in the forums; I reckon I'll most likely be active in anything Ferrari related or the latest race forums but I might be brave and expand my horizons every now and then. :P

Wishing you all the best during these eventful times of pandemics and worldly movements. Cheers,

Matt.

johnmiles

Hi all. Im newbie. Nice to be a part of this community!
Just enjoy my life, people, and you.

simpsonkenneth

Just want to say hi to everyone! I am Kenneth and I'm excited to be part of this community and learn a lot from everyone as well as to help other as long as I can :)

analuz

Hi everyone! I am Ana. Thank you for accepting me on the forum!

GalacticHitchHiker

Hello F1 Technical!

Fan since 2017 here who's enjoyed reading the discussion here for a long time now. I'm looking forward to having more in depth conversations about the sport than you can find in other forums.

Trev

hi guys, been reading this site for years, mainly ahead of new car releases. thought it was about time to sign up properly. I am moving my academic career in the direction of motorsports research which has proved to be a really interesting way to explore environmental issues in relation to the future of transportation.
Trev

IanMcNaughton

My name is Ian McNaughton and I'm the Content Director for Speak Your Peace, a media organization based in Vancouver, Canada.

I have been an on-again, off-again F1 fan up until last season when I started becoming a regular fan last season with F1 being the only major sport on and since I was home quite a bit.

I aspire to be a sports journalist and cover F1 in the future. We have a couple of podcasts at Speak Your Peace, including the SYP Podcast and The Ian McNaughton Show (where I mostly talk about rugby and F1). You can follow Speak Your Peace on Instagram and you can check out the podcast links below!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/speakurpeace/?hl=en

SYP Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/1qrqLE6W0 ... bBqdiUBxuQ

The Ian McNaughton Show: https://open.spotify.com/show/6CczmNF7C ... oZClWWaJFA

You can find both podcasts on iTunes or wherever you listen to your music or podcasts. Thank you for your support and look forward to meeting new people and discussing Formula One with everyone!

Ian

Nigel72

Hey guys!
I am Nigel, been interested in F1 since 1995, love all motorsports, try to watch as much as I can.

francisbaud

Hey everyone, I'm Francis, 32 years old from Canada! I'm passionate about online games, especially Massively Multiplayer Online Games. I've played a few racing games (Gran Turismo series, Need for Speed, etc.)

Scappa

Hi all,

Im new here, old F1 fan and a Ferrari fan, so dont be too rude to me :P

Mishal21

Hello! Friends
Mehwish from Middle East here. I´m all new to this forum. And I would like to introduce myself. I´m an formula1 fan living in Middle East... =D>

Francisguy45

Hello everyone

Hello to all,

My name is Francys Guy and I am new to this forum. Before anything else, I wanted to introduce myself to you all by announcing my new arrival on this platform.

Good day to everyone.

Francis :)
I am a great fan and enthusiast of Formula 1 and Moto GP which led me to create my own platform: https://diffusiontv-moteur.com/

stefan_

Sorry to be a bit off topic but wow, many new people here.

Wasn't arount for the last few years, not sure who is around from "my times" :)
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

NicoS

Hi
I'm also new.