Mudflap - posts deleted and user no longer found

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Hoffman900

Mudflap - posts deleted and user no longer found

Anyone else notice this?

Wouter

Re: Mudflap - posts deleted and user no longer found

Hoffman900 wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 15:25
Anyone else notice this?
No, thanks for posting this. Hope he is ok.
The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

Hoffman900 wrote:
Anyone else notice this?
Shame. He posted some great stuff. Hope no-one was giving him any abuse over PM. Maybe he got into trouble posting stuff from his sources.

Hoffman900

El Scorchio wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 16:13
Hoffman900 wrote:
Anyone else notice this?
Shame. He posted some great stuff. Hope no-one was giving him any abuse over PM. Maybe he got into trouble posting stuff from his sources.
Those were my thoughts.

His posts are embedded as quotes for those who quoted him, but as a standalone, they’re gone.

Steven
Owner

All of the user's personally identifiable data have been deleted. Posts are still there though.
We are currently obliged to comply with such requests under GDPR but we have always done so when requested.

In line with this, we never share any personal data to third parties, nor are user's email addresses shared here either. It is extremely important to me to make sure that people who register here can trust us to protect their data.

I am also sad he left, but everybody is free to come and go as they want. Life goes on, and sometimes people just want to focus on other things. Who are we to say the can't stop following F1 and switch to speed walking :mrgreen:

SiLo

I'm gonna assume he was politely asked to delete the account by either his employer or his sources. Sad times!

Mudflap - if youre just a lurker now, hope you are doing well!
Felipe Baby!

hUirEYExbN

Steven wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 18:14
All of the user's personally identifiable data have been deleted. Posts are still there though.
We are currently obliged to comply with such requests under GDPR but we have always done so when requested.

In line with this, we never share any personal data to third parties, nor are user's email addresses shared here either. It is extremely important to me to make sure that people who register here can trust us to protect their data.

I am also sad he left, but everybody is free to come and go as they want. Life goes on, and sometimes people just want to focus on other things. Who are we to say the can't stop following F1 and switch to speed walking :mrgreen:
I guess you'd not be able to check private messages for any threats/abuse unless asked to by him?

Besides, it is probably confidentiality related as others have suggested.

Steven
Owner

I'm not checking anyone's PMs, and I never did. Again, I feel this would be unfair to any user of this website.
If there is abuse, every user can report a PM so the mods can take a look. But he didn't report anything afaik.
I don't think this was related to abuse at all.

El Scorchio

No, me either. And I probably shouldn’t even have speculated! I can’t imagine anyone would have taken issue with him whatsoever from reading his posts.