2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wowgr8

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Snorked wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 11:33
Ah, the serial liar and fantasist Nugnes, remember when he said he had uncovered Honda had been using spies to copy Ferarri's engine? :lol:

I think it was around the US GP when the FIA first clamped down on Ferrari's rocket engine.

He should pen an F1 spy thriller because as a reporter he's useless.
The story was that a whistleblower from inside Ferrari (or close to Ferrari) took the info about what Ferrari were doing to Mercedes, and Mercedes then passed it on to Red Bull who lodged the protest/asked for clarification. It isn't a far fetched idea when you consider they didn't know anything about what Ferrari were doing the rest of the year

Kingshark

Nugnes is hands down one of the worst reporters in F1.

PlatinumZealot

ispano6 wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 18:02
Revs84 wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 11:46
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-re ... i/6146766/

I know this is coming from the Italian branch of Motorsport.com, which are well known for baseless speculation and rumours, but I also think that there usually always is some truth behind such rumours - to whichever extent that could be.

In any case, they are saying there are rumours (and again, they could be just that), that Red Bull is set to implement some sort of solution that mimicks rear wheel steering without going against the regulations - since we all know that rear wheel steering is not allowed.

Curiously, the article says that "The idea would not be of the "genius" Newey, but of a German structure that would have offered Red Bull the opportunity to evaluate the project and the particular design of the rear suspension of the RB16B could favor precisely the action of the simulation of the steering rear wheels."

In the past, Giorgio Piola had already pointed that this is something that Mercedes have had for a while.

Any thoughts on whether this rumour could hold any water, or if it's just a baseless, well, rumour?
Honda/Acura has this on their FWD version of the Legend sedan, it's called Precision All Wheel Steer (PAWS) . Not sure what the German reference the article refers to, but Honda has extensive knowledge regarding 4 wheel steering. Maybe RedBull have tapped that knowledge.
From memory, the first BMW 8 Series had passive rear wheel steering.

The nissan bluebird Silfy had passive rear steer too but it was a bushing based system.

The BMW one i think used a "Z" linkage tyle of setup.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Snorked

wowgr8 wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 17:27
Snorked wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 11:33
Ah, the serial liar and fantasist Nugnes, remember when he said he had uncovered Honda had been using spies to copy Ferarri's engine? :lol:

I think it was around the US GP when the FIA first clamped down on Ferrari's rocket engine.

He should pen an F1 spy thriller because as a reporter he's useless.
The story was that a whistleblower from inside Ferrari (or close to Ferrari) took the info about what Ferrari were doing to Mercedes, and Mercedes then passed it on to Red Bull who lodged the protest/asked for clarification. It isn't a far fetched idea when you consider they didn't know anything about what Ferrari were doing the rest of the year
No, I'm talking about when Nugnes said Honda had spies at AVL giving them access to info allowing them to copy Ferrari's engine.

restless

PlatinumZealot wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 08:06

The nissan bluebird Silfy had passive rear steer too but it was a bushing based system.

iirc Honda Prelude was the first mass-produced car with 4-weel steering
from wiki
Third generation (1987)
The Prelude featured innovative features for its time such as a 0.34 drag coefficient, roof pillars made of high-strength metal and its signature feature, the available option of the world's first mechanical four wheel steering system available in a mass-production passenger car.

Sieper

A prelude to a new era, that never came.

InsaneX_Badger

PlatinumZealot wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 08:06
ispano6 wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 18:02
Revs84 wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 11:46
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-re ... i/6146766/

I know this is coming from the Italian branch of Motorsport.com, which are well known for baseless speculation and rumours, but I also think that there usually always is some truth behind such rumours - to whichever extent that could be.

In any case, they are saying there are rumours (and again, they could be just that), that Red Bull is set to implement some sort of solution that mimicks rear wheel steering without going against the regulations - since we all know that rear wheel steering is not allowed.

Curiously, the article says that "The idea would not be of the "genius" Newey, but of a German structure that would have offered Red Bull the opportunity to evaluate the project and the particular design of the rear suspension of the RB16B could favor precisely the action of the simulation of the steering rear wheels."

In the past, Giorgio Piola had already pointed that this is something that Mercedes have had for a while.

Any thoughts on whether this rumour could hold any water, or if it's just a baseless, well, rumour?
Honda/Acura has this on their FWD version of the Legend sedan, it's called Precision All Wheel Steer (PAWS) . Not sure what the German reference the article refers to, but Honda has extensive knowledge regarding 4 wheel steering. Maybe RedBull have tapped that knowledge.

Could this be on about the RS magic that is on Merc radio? Or is this RS magic stuff all figured out and buried. RS = Rear steering? Probably not but fun to speculate all the same

Wouter

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vers ... r/6236480/

Verstappen: I can be "even better" with F1 title calibre car.

"I think once you are in that position anyway, with having a car to fight for the title, everything becomes a lot easier," said Verstappen.

"Of course, there's pressure to win a championship, because you're fighting other people.

"But, overall, I think it's a much better situation to be in, than always just not. Because then you have to take a lot more risks all the time to try and get a good result out of it.

"You have to risk it a bit more in lap one or a certain area in the race. And then of course, mistakes can happen.

"So, I'm just looking forward and hoping of course that I have a car to be in a championship fight, because then that's I think where I am even better, because then it's a lot nicer and a lot easier to deal with."

"It's very different [being in a title fight]," he explained. "Of course, that scenario, you don't need to win every single battle or race. But that's a natural thing.

"It doesn't mean that [because] I didn't win a title, for example, that I don't understand that. Because I think I won many titles in go-karting and it's basically the same - you choose your battles.

"Also, I only had one attempt of winning a title in F3 [in 2014, where he finished third in the European Formula 3 championship won by Alpine driver Esteban Ocon], and of course, yeah, it didn't happen."
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Max and Horner already started the FP for Imola on Silverstone today. :lol:

The Power of Dreams!

Marty_Y

Does anyone know if red bull will enforce team orders in favour of Max Verstappen? What I mean is will Sergio be allowed to race max or will he be ordered to give the win to max so he has more chance of winning the drivers title?

dxpetrov

Marty_Y wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 22:38
Does anyone know if red bull will enforce team orders in favour of Max Verstappen? What I mean is will Sergio be allowed to race max or will he be ordered to give the win to max so he has more chance of winning the drivers title?
Yeah, you can easily find that info under bio of their instagram page.

nzjrs

dxpetrov wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 05:53
Marty_Y wrote:
Yeah, you can easily find that info under bio of their instagram page.
It was a weird place to put that contract to be honest, but I'm glad they are clear with everyone. I wish Mercedes was as open.

:lol: :lol: =D> =D>

Wouter

https://honda.racing/f1/post/emilia-rom ... race-setup

Formula 1 Returns To Imola For Round Two

Toyoharu Tanabe
Honda Racing F1

The opening round of the season produced encouraging results for both our teams with the Honda PU being fastest in all practice sessions, taking pole and then finishing second, fifth and ninth in the race. However, the Bahrain weekend was not entirely trouble-free, therefore we have been working hard with both teams in this relatively long break before Round 2 to analyse all the data and take countermeasures where required.

Formula 1’s return to the Imola circuit last year proved very popular with drivers, viewers and fans and it produced an exciting race. It was a busy weekend, run over just two days as an experiment, but this year we return to the usual three-day format. The Scuderia AlphaTauri factory is just 15 kilometres from the track, making it their home race, which is a further reason why we at Honda and their team members will be highly motivated to have a strong weekend. Last year, qualifying went very well for them and Red Bull Racing, but the race result did not reflect their true potential, so this time we hope we can have a smooth weekend leading to an excellent performance on Sunday.
Yuki >>> ..........
Pierre >>> ..........
Sergio >>> ..........
Max >>> ..........
The Power of Dreams!

wowgr8

Marty_Y wrote:
If they're smart they will. Max needs every point he can get up against Merc and Hamilton. They can't afford to let the drivers squander points fighting each other. But I doubt we'll see more than 1 or 2 situations in which Perez is ahead of Max

Capharol

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 13:29
Marty_Y wrote:
If they're smart they will. Max needs every point he can get up against Merc and Hamilton. They can't afford to let the drivers squander points fighting each other. But I doubt we'll see more than 1 or 2 situations in which Perez is ahead of Max
i think you could be suprised