2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Apr 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Apr 16 - 18

LeClerc Verstappen Bottas Perez and Hamilton all have front running pace.

In the midfield, it looks like Russell will be quite strong around here. Lando has good pace, as does Ocon, the AT boys, Gio, everyone else is going to be filling in the rear.
Saishū kōnā

RedNEO

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... ari-imola/

A lot of under sides of cars for the competition to look at.

MKlaus
MKlaus

https://racingnews365.com/marko-annoyed ... irrors-for
Perez believes there was a miscommunication with his engineer as well as "bad timing". However, Marko sees it differently and has put the blame on his own Red Bull driver.

"What else do you have rear view mirrors for? This was clearly Perez's fault," Marko told ORF. "He overlooked the fast Ocon and then it went wrong."

NathanOlder

MKlaus wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 09:06
Perez believes there was a miscommunication with his engineer as well as "bad timing". However, Marko sees it differently and has put the blame on his own Red Bull driver.

"What else do you have rear view mirrors for? This was clearly Perez's fault," Marko told ORF. "He overlooked the fast Ocon and then it went wrong."
Are there any videos yet of the onboard?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

toraabe
toraabe

RedNEO wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 07:32

Nice

mafeotul
mafeotul

godlameroso wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 05:04
LeClerc Verstappen Bottas Perez and Hamilton all have front running pace.

In the midfield, it looks like Russell will be quite strong around here. Lando has good pace, as does Ocon, the AT boys, Gio, everyone else is going to be filling in the rear.
Gasly was taking 0.55 on the straights, Leclerc was taking 0.3 out of Mercedes. I highly doubt anything but the lowest PU settings were used on the Merc. As it is every GP, for the last 7 years. Ferrari clearly 3rd with what we know now. Any reason for that massive deficit of 0.4 between Bottas and Perez in the long runs? I cannot fathom it?

mafeotul
mafeotul

toraabe wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 09:41
RedNEO wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 07:32

That was so poor from them, teams must be fuming.
Nice

dans79

MKlaus wrote:

Just showing why he's probably one of the most disliked people in F1.
197 104 103 7

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 09:52
MKlaus wrote:

The article "forgot" to mention the two most important things: Marko winked and said it with a smile.

"What else do you have rear view mirrors for? This was clearly Perez's fault," Marko told ORF.
"He overlooked the fast Ocon and then it went wrong."
" ... rear view mirrors" for Ocon and "the fast Ocon" who was in a slow lap and Perez in a fast lap.
The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

Rodak wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 03:43
I suspect the television director is not a race fan; it seems cars must (usually) totally fill the screen. By backing off we could get a better view of what the car is actually doing in corners. Showing the track and other cars is not a bad thing.... By focusing on a close up of the car the sense of speed is lost; I remember my first GP and the amazement I felt when I saw how hast the cars were actually going around corners. I was racing FF at the time and had quite a bit of seat time, but seeing the F1 cars in real life was amazing.

Also, why don't the teams put the driver's name on the roll structure so we can instantly know who we are watching, instead of having to wait for a graphic to identify the driver? Seems pretty basic to me and if I were in charge of F1 it would be a requirement; yeah, I know I'm supposed to be able to identify helmets, but......

Some nits, but still..... Having said this, I subscribed to the F1 video service this year and am really happy with the product, especially the in-car cameras and the ability to watch the race in the afternoon, instead of at 6:00 am here in the western U.S. The hard part is going to be to not to see who won before watching; will enjoy being able to have a couple of beers during the race.
Totally agree there needs to be more effort gone into making it clear which driver you’re watching without a caption. With the halo in the way, even the helmets are not easy to make out some of the time.
Car numbers should be made much clearer to see on most of them.

I’m really not a fan of how easy it is to mistake the AT, Merc and AM from a front on shot either. I know it’s no ones ‘fault’ but they all look way too similar.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

dans79 wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 09:52
MKlaus wrote:

Race 2 of the season and already throwing Red Bull's #2 driver under the bus. Horrible man, Marko.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Jolle
Jolle

El Scorchio wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 10:19
Rodak wrote:
I suspect the television director is not a race fan; it seems cars must (usually) totally fill the screen. By backing off we could get a better view of what the car is actually doing in corners. Showing the track and other cars is not a bad thing.... By focusing on a close up of the car the sense of speed is lost; I remember my first GP and the amazement I felt when I saw how hast the cars were actually going around corners. I was racing FF at the time and had quite a bit of seat time, but seeing the F1 cars in real life was amazing.

Also, why don't the teams put the driver's name on the roll structure so we can instantly know who we are watching, instead of having to wait for a graphic to identify the driver? Seems pretty basic to me and if I were in charge of F1 it would be a requirement; yeah, I know I'm supposed to be able to identify helmets, but......

Some nits, but still..... Having said this, I subscribed to the F1 video service this year and am really happy with the product, especially the in-car cameras and the ability to watch the race in the afternoon, instead of at 6:00 am here in the western U.S. The hard part is going to be to not to see who won before watching; will enjoy being able to have a couple of beers during the race.
Totally agree there needs to be more effort gone into making it clear which driver you’re watching without a caption. With the halo in the way, even the helmets are not easy to make out some of the time.

I’m really not a fan of how easy it is to mistake the AT, Merc and AM from a front on shot either. I know it’s no ones ‘fault’ but they all look way too similar.
Like they need to put a big yellow sticker on one car and not at the other or something 😂

El Scorchio

Jolle wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 10:36
El Scorchio wrote:
Rodak wrote:

Like they need to put a big yellow sticker on one car and not at the other or something 😂
Sometimes even those things don’t make it that clear though- like you still have to remember who from each team is the one who has had that part painted or whatever. I just think they should oblige the teams to make the numbers far clearer from a distance. The ones on the nose and fin of the Mercedes for example are nigh on useless.

jumpingfish

El Scorchio wrote:
Rodak wrote:

I agree about numbers. It should be clearly visible from the front, on some vehicles they are poorly designed. Most of all, I liked how Ferrari created and positioned them in 2018 on SF71h: a white background with black numbers. Even if video was not 1080p or 720p Vet and Rai numbers were visible good enough to read.

El Scorchio

jumpingfish wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 10:54
El Scorchio wrote:
Rodak wrote:

I agree about numbers. It should be clearly visible from the front, on some vehicles they are poorly designed. Most of all, I liked how Ferrari created and positioned them in 2018 on SF71h: a white background with black numbers. Even if video was not 1080p or 720p Vet and Rai numbers were visible good enough to read.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... celona.jpg
Absolutely. This year as well, the numbers on the Ferraris are clear, distinct and actually in a useful place. On the Mercedes they might as well not be there. On the Red Bull you can make them out but they are in an utterly stupid position so you can’t see them front on. I get that it’s more profitable for the teams to sell the more visible parts of the car, but the FIA should mandate things a little more.