2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mkay
mkay

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Kingshark wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 17:19
wesley123 wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 16:22
Probably has something to do with them being on different strategies
Only true for the second team order, untrue for the first team order when they were on tyres of the same age.
Singapore isn't really early in the season and the championship contenders are fairly settled at that point
The fact that the championship was settled by that point makes that team orders even more embarrassing tbh. Easily one of the dumbest team order I have ever seen.

Looks like even on the Red Bull thread we cannot escape the Lewis Hamilton Reputation Protection Team ;)
The Singapore 2019 team orders were due to HAM's strategy being shafted by the team as the overcut that they put HAM on failed miserably.

I'm not one to go off-topic on purpose, so I apologise, but wanted to set the record straight on this point.

Wouter

A Schumacher and a Verstappen in the paddock again.

During the Press Conference. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

El Scorchio wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 15:49
This is not the hospitality/catering type one though, is it? That one would be across the 'road' in the paddock? This one looks like the 'techy' one (abominable terminology, I know) which is almost connected to the back of the garage.
You are right! This is the Treehouse. The motorhome is the Holzhouse. My mistake. :oops:

Video with Christian in the old Treehouse. https://www.redbull.com/int-en/videos/i ... a-one-team
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Red Bull Honda F1 competes with Mercedes with Oracle’s artificial intelligence and machine learning

Red Bull Honda F1 will use Oracle’s artificial intelligence and machine learning to compete with Mercedes F1.

While Mercedes F1 is leveraging augmented reality for its racing strategy, this month Red Bull Honda F1 has entered into a strategic partnership with Oracle, one of the world’s leading cloud infrastructure companies.

With Oracle’s cloud platform, the Red Bull Honda F1 will leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to optimize the performance of teams on and off the circuit.

These two technologies are primarily used for data exchange. “These technical areas will play an important role in future decision-making, along with the amount of data we generate, especially as we drive less and less time,” said Red Bull Honda F1 National Team. Says Christian Horner.

But Christian Horner doesn’t say in what areas the technology is being used.

“I’m not going to tell every competitor exactly what we’re doing, but the data and the way we process it is our lifeline,” says Christian Horner.

“We’re generating a lot from it. In fact, it affects everything from how races are categorized to how machines are developed to driver selection and analysis. Very importantly. Playing a role “

Strategy development during the race involves hundreds of calculations, but artificial intelligence can also play a role in tuning the machine.
Japanese article
https://f1-gate.com/redbull/f1_61632.html

English
https://www.archyde.com/red-bull-honda- ... -gate-com/

Also on motorsport:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... value%5D=4

Chuckjr

Kingshark wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 17:19
Looks like even on the Red Bull thread we cannot escape the Lewis Hamilton Reputation Protection Team

Seriously.
Watching F1 since 1986.

hasika
hasika

Tanabe's interview
https://www.as-web.jp/f1/687604?all

──It looks like very cold here.
Tanabe TD: It's very cold. It's starting to rain now. It's going to be a weekend about 5 degrees lower than last year. It may rain on Sunday.
The first race had some positive points such as getting pole position, but at the very end we lost win. We also had trouble. I hope that everything will work properly and I will be ready for this race. Bahrain is the first race with the new PU. so I've been reviewing the all things and considering how to use it in this weekend's race.

── In Bahrain, Sergio Perez (Red Bull Honda) stopped before reaching the grid, Perez and Pierre exchanged CE and ES,so various troubles occurred.
Tanabe TD: Perez has an electrical problem that has been resolved by investigating the cause. We will use the one used in the race this time. We are taking measures to address these issues so that they will not happen again. Regarding ES, Pierre has some things that are okay and some things that are not good, so we lost one set. Perez's ES is okay and will be used after the next race.

──Dr. Marko commented that he was running with reduced power due to heat problems in the opening round. Was it an ICE (engine body) issue, or was it a hybrid-related issue?
Tanabe TD: It was a little more complicated than a heat problem, and we concerned about reliability, so we changed the ICE settings and as a result we ran the race with a little less power. Changes ICE settings during the race are not allowed by the rules, but its OK when it was reliability related and it had been approved by the FIA ​​after the race.

──After changing it, you continued to run in that mode?
Tanabe TD: Yes. Once you change it, you can't go back according to the rules.

──Is it good news for Honda to be able to compete with Mercedes?
Tanabe TD: The tire conditions were different, but it wasn't a situation where I couldn't fight at all. However, I think it's a little difficult to be happy(when you lose a win).

──Wouldn't it have been easier to win without the PU problem?
Tanabe TD: No, that would be another matter. As for the condition of the tires, Max ran out on Turn 4 and ran out of tires there. Its meaningless to talk about this thing. Anyway, it was a shame as a result of the race.

──Is there any report that you said that you will go more aggressive this weekend?
Tanabe TD: No,just follow the plan as usual. However,this is a home race of AlphaTauri(only 15km to factory), so its also like the home race for Honda members. I feel very enthusiastic.

──I think Imola is a fairly power circuit when you look at the engine full throttle rate, but do you rank in the top three?
Tanabe TD: No, i dont think so. Not so much if you compared to Azerbaijan and Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium). But yeah its a high power sensitivity track of course.

nzjrs

I love Tanabe-San. He gives such good and honest interviews.

godlameroso

Transmission shift shaft. Maybe popped out of gear.
Saishū kōnā

PhillipM
PhillipM

Hydraulic issue and it's smashed a dog, probably a new gearbox, not worth trying to repair at the trackside.

DarthPlagueisTheVise
DarthPlagueisTheVise

:d
Technical Noob

Marti_EF3

Just wondering, but they may be trying something "different" there? First differential issue, then this... Not sure what to think about...

teemah
teemah

Ocon on board clip of Perez free practice clash.
https://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget ... XuA-QIp_0r

Wouter

teemah wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 12:46
Ocon on board clip of Perez free practice clash.
https://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget ... XuA-QIp_0r
Thank you, but there is a Geoblock on it. Many people can't watch it, so:

The Power of Dreams!

DarthPlagueisTheVise
DarthPlagueisTheVise

Max Verstappen's P3 Lap (Without Telemetry)
Technical Noob