2021 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Scorpaguy

Re: 2021 Haas F1 Team

My Indycar is faster than your F1 car!

Vasconia

The car is so slow! :(

Nikita was too agressive and made a rookie mistake, I hope he will learn from it.

Mick had a cautious start but he took advantage from Nikita's mistake. He had a similar error but luckly he saved it. His pace in the last stint was pretty fine considering the car's performance. It was a good day to learn, although the season will be a nightmare with this car.

kptaylor

It looked like Mick made it by on Nikita's initial mistake them Nikita got mad and applied way too much throttle trying to regain the position and spun. That's the issue with two rookies so hope they can calm them down a little bit so they can learn. Kind of surprised Haas didn't hire an older ex racer to be a driver's coach to help out the issue of two rookies.

politburo

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:57
I seriously hope they will not blame their drivers for today’s performance because the car ATM is frankly disgusting.
True, it was so painful to watch Mick onboard. The car was so slow literally in every part of every corner. Entry, Mid-corner, Exit..so painful.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

scuderiafan

I was really disappointed w/ Mazepin's performance after his spins in qualifying and the race but after hearing onboard video and comms between the team and him, it's obvious the car is just terrible. The brakes are still as bad as they were in 2019 and the car balance seems lost. I hope 2022 is a return to form from Haas and we can see them in the "midfield" next year. I want to see another Haas P5!!
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

LM10

politburo

scuderiafan wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 14:30
I was really disappointed w/ Mazepin's performance after his spins in qualifying and the race but after hearing onboard video and comms between the team and him, it's obvious the car is just terrible. The brakes are still as bad as they were in 2019 and the car balance seems lost. I hope 2022 is a return to form from Haas and we can see them in the "midfield" next year. I want to see another Haas P5!!
True, he complained about balance since FP2. Many of the youtube compilations conveniently leave out the radio comms - ofcourse trying to sell a narrative about a rookie driver so that the internet hivemind can work it's magic again.

But on a positive note, Steiner did say they have small updates coming for Imola, then they'll fully focus on 2022. If those small updates it can at least close the gap to Williams a bit then it will not be so painful this season. They were hit hardest by the regulation changes and with their lack of development, it's just so tough. However, it is the perfect season for the two 22-yr old rookie drivers to learn about F1 the hard and slow way by driving a relatively difficult & underdeveloped car. The season will present lots of adversity and lots of character-building opportunities. Hopefully, the pastures will be greener in 2022 and onwards to really compensate for this slow year.

Vasconia

The car looked better, at least on Schumi's hands, during the qualy, the gap was much smaller. Sadly, during the race the gab was still big, though Mick's firsts laps were very good until the mistake. We must see how the car behaves with final set-up under normal conditions. It will be interesting to see its performance in Portugal.

I was impressed how Mick reduced the gap with Nikita after the car, he was so far behind but he managed to end the race in fron of him with a great margin.

politburo

Mazepin's dry stints were not fast, but even on the speed trap at T2 his car was slower than Mick's by around 5 km/hr, and a T16 by 8 or so km/hr, he was losing probably 2 - 4 tenths on the straights alone. Don't know if it was him though, or the way they setup the car for the conditions or otherwise. I have no idea.

https://fiaresultsandstatistics.motorsp ... t=MaxSpeed
Last edited by politburo on 19 Apr 2021, 13:08, edited 2 times in total.

politburo

But I was impressed both drivers finished the race, and Mazepin apart from Latifi squeezing him of the track and colliding with him had a peaceful stint in low-grip conditions. Mick set a faster lap than Kimi, Alonso, Gio and even Ricciardo, he may not be better than any of those drivers but he looks quite quick already, also very smooth driving style.

max_speed

politburo wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:55
Mazepin's dry stints were not fast, but even on the speed trap at T2 his car was slower than Mick's by around 5 km/hr, and a T16 by 8 or so km/hr, he was losing probably 2 - 4 tenths on the straights alone. Don't know if it was him though, or the way they setup the car for the conditions or otherwise. I have no idea.

[url]https://fiaresultsandstatistics.motorsp ... t=MaxSpeed
what else he should do start spinning on straights as well. he is a seasoned racer and intentionally keeping speed down to prevent spin :)

politburo

max_speed wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 13:03
politburo wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:55

https://fiaresultsandstatistics.motorsp ... t=MaxSpeed
what else he should do start spinning on straights as well. he is a seasoned racer and intentionally keeping speed down to prevent spin :)
It's be funny if this were a meme website sir. I get the irony, but it is sadly misplaced.

Nathanael F1

Haas just posted this sad announcement:
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

F1Krof

This is gotta to be the nicest engineer in F1 History. Sounds like a psycho therapist.

Wroom wroom

Jolle

Nathanael F1 wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 17:01
Haas just posted this sad announcement:
Oh damn.. His accident was quite a while back I think? Pre covid at least.

Brain injuries are tough.