2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
hasika

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Juzh wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 22:35
Datco wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 22:17
Awesome win by Max, he did everything perfectly. The merc was the faster car today. Lewis easily passed cars including other merc powered cars with DRS while Perez struggled to pass Vettel with DRS. I feel if Lewis got within DRS of Max he would have easily passed.
Likely scenario, but one that is puzzling. How can engine performance differentiate so much from quali to race when ICE maps are frozen from Q1 onwards? As is known Honda is at least a match for mercedes PU in qualifying, but have noticeable deficit in races. Just check this quali side by side from hamilton and perez:
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2021/ ... magna.html

That's now a second race in a row we've seen this. In bahrain it was partially down to some reliability tweaks that hindered performance, but in Imola we've not heard about anything like that (so far), so it's a bit of a mistery. I just hope it doesn't become a trend.
Just compared part of Norris and Perez's onborad video.Both with no DRS.
I dont see any problem with the RB's Straight line speed.
It will be good if there is some onborad video of Hamilton.

MKlaus

Juzh wrote:
Datco wrote:
Awesome win by Max, he did everything perfectly. The merc was the faster car today. Lewis easily passed cars including other merc powered cars with DRS while Perez struggled to pass Vettel with DRS. I feel if Lewis got within DRS of Max he would have easily passed.
Likely scenario, but one that is puzzling. How can engine performance differentiate so much from quali to race when ICE maps are frozen from Q1 onwards? As is known Honda is at least a match for mercedes PU in qualifying, but have noticeable deficit in races. Just check this quali side by side from hamilton and perez:

That's now a second race in a row we've seen this. In bahrain it was partially down to some reliability tweaks that hindered performance, but in Imola we've not heard about anything like that (so far), so it's a bit of a mistery. I just hope it doesn't become a trend.
potentially, the fuel loads may be differing in race mode due to the varying economical nature of two PUs. may be at any given point in time, mercedes may be having lower fuel load than rb. or may be the traction on high fuel loads could be different for the two cars and add to that the varying tyre grip level.
even in qualifying, lewis made up the deficit to perez in the last 2 corners. if that is the feature of mercedes, then the car in race would be in better position to come close and make a charge on the straight with the assistance of toe and drs.

Bill

so whenever merc have a faster car than Rbr we resort to the default position and blame Honda these is nonsense the reason Rbr had a quicker car in Bahrain in become they had a better pu than merc look at Gasly too qualified ahead of both mclaren in last 2 races.tirewere play a role too.Max had a 20 second advantage why would he push.they rest is politics gamesmanship between 2 teams

Pany

There is clearly a small gap to mercedes engine for Verstappen car. He is fighting for title, so I guess only for his case Honda is using a slightly safer map, in order to ensure 8 gps in a row; is a tottally new PU. In the case fo Alpha Tauri and Perez, are pushinh more hard hard. Hence the failures
hasika wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 06:44
Juzh wrote:
Datco wrote:

El Scorchio

Tyres are a factor here. I think the RB switches them on quicker, but goes through them quicker. Hence better pace over one lap and at the start of stints. This is countered by the Merc being slower while they get up to temp, but then staying fast for longer when the pace drops off the RB.

El Scorchio

Pany wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:34
There is clearly a small gap to mercedes engine for Verstappen car. He is fighting for title, so I guess only for his case Honda is using a slightly safer map, in order to ensure 8 gps in a row; is a tottally new PU. In the case fo Alpha Tauri and Perez, are pushinh more hard hard. Hence the failures
hasika wrote:
Juzh wrote:

They all have to use the same maps, don't they? (all cars with the same engine)

wowgr8

I don't think cars with the same engine have to use the same maps. But I wonder whether teammates are forced to

Jolle

wowgr8 wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:08
I don't think cars with the same engine have to use the same maps. But I wonder whether teammates are forced to
Team mates can even have different spec of engines, so I suspect they can run different maps as well. Especially when you are in a different life cycle of the PU then your teammate

Marty_Y

Got to congratulate Max for a well driven race, he deserved to win.

After the restart Sergio went off track which dropped him out of the points why did he struggle to overtake anyone? Did he have a problem with the car or tyres or something?

etusch

Marty_Y wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 13:47
Got to congratulate Max for a well driven race, he deserved to win.

After the restart Sergio went off track which dropped him out of the points why did he struggle to overtake anyone? Did he have a problem with the car or tyres or something?
Initially he had steering wheel issue. But I don't know if he had another one too

Datco

El Scorchio wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:17
Pany wrote:
hasika wrote:

The overspeed of Lewis in DRS was significant compared to anybody else. Light years significant. Which is odd because as mentioned without DRS they don't really stand out. Maybe this is one of the innovations they were cryptic about at the start of the season.

dans79

Datco wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 14:57
El Scorchio wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:17
Pany wrote:
The overspeed of Lewis in DRS was significant compared to anybody else. Light years significant. Which is odd because as mentioned without DRS they don't really stand out. Maybe this is one of the innovations they were cryptic about at the start of the season.
They are the team that developed DDRS, so anything is possible.
197 104 103 7

langedweil

wowgr8 wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:08
Afaik all maps should be available for all PU users, the one being used is a decision up to the teams (per car), right?
HuggaWugga !

godlameroso

El Scorchio wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:16
Tyres are a factor here. I think the RB switches them on quicker, but goes through them quicker. Hence better pace over one lap and at the start of stints. This is countered by the Merc being slower while they get up to temp, but then staying fast for longer when the pace drops off the RB.
I don't think they are, Hamilton and Verstappen's pace were pretty close on inters and dry tires. It's just a matter of who comes out ahead, they are both very evenly matched. Hamilton and Verstappen are titans, that's why Hamilton can pass a car with podium pace, while Bottas gets chased down by a Williams.
Saishū kōnā

El Scorchio

godlameroso wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 16:55
El Scorchio wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:16
I don't think they are, Hamilton and Verstappen's pace were pretty close on inters and dry tires. It's just a matter of who comes out ahead, they are both very evenly matched. Hamilton and Verstappen are titans, that's why Hamilton can pass a car with podium pace, while Bottas gets chased down by a Williams.
Well, I guess we shall see! It looks like a little bit of a trend so far. (edit- to me at least)