2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

from video he started with 2 gear. Is it normal in F1 start?

Jolle
Jolle

selvam_e2002 wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 14:31
from video he started with 2 gear. Is it normal in F1 start?
Just in the wet, to get less torque on the rear wheels to avoid spinning. (just as you would do before traction control driving away in your car in the snow)

Redragon

diffuser wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 07:44
Redragon wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 03:07
My thoughts during the race confirmed. It was strange how he was dropping time and then was fast again against ocon. Might have been resolved the problem towards the end as he hold Perez with much better car for 15 laps at least. But these efforts are not seen by his critics.
I'm a critic, I saw! :mrgreen:
For once I got something right :D :D :D

radosav
radosav

radosav
radosav

longer first lap, like on ice, and cutting chicane

diffuser

We saw a new wing, nose section, bardgboareds and floor around the sides leading up to the rear tires at Imola.... Wonder if we'll see a new diffuser in Portugal?

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

If they have new diffuser, how much performance we can get it? may be couple of tenth?

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
24 Apr 2021, 04:20
If they have new diffuser, how much performance we can get it? may be couple of tenth?
Don't know.

Tooooom
Tooooom

Out of curiosity, do we know what kind of problem they encountered with the wind tunnel during the winter? If I remember well Abiteboul put off an upgrade for a couple years before finally doing it in 2020, could it be related?

Neno
Neno

Tooooom wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 16:43
Out of curiosity, do we know what kind of problem they encountered with the wind tunnel during the winter? If I remember well Abiteboul put off an upgrade for a couple years before finally doing it in 2020, could it be related?
Renault for years have same issue which is when car in windtunell is hit with direct airflow it works well, but the moment they try simulate tires and wheels turning aka sideways airflow it gets disrupted and car suddenly starts losing downforce and you have disturbent and not consistent airflow all over the car.

Hence why they have issues fixing their track performance. They can't bring up many updates all in once or speed them up. They need to go through series of checklists and bring each by each to see what works and what doesnt. It overall hurts team in car development.

They also have issue with ideology of developing car. Mercedes does one thing really well, Red Bull does it own really well. Ferrari has most money so they can do whatever f they want. Renault doesnt do anything well and they arent interested in spending whatever f they want to fix issues.

So problem is I dont know? Ambition? Money? Lack of competent staff? Who knows. They banking everything on 2022 and they likely write off 2021 long time ago. Those who followed Renault for some time know 2021 was gonna be rough year due corona and new regs delay.

Zynerji

...and Alonso saying "100% focus on 2022, or I'm not coming!" 😏

diffuser

Neno wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 18:36
Tooooom wrote:
Renault for years have same issue which is when car in windtunell is hit with direct airflow it works well, but the moment they try simulate tires and wheels turning aka sideways airflow it gets disrupted and car suddenly starts losing downforce and you have disturbent and not consistent airflow all over the car.

Hence why they have issues fixing their track performance. They can't bring up many updates all in once or speed them up. They need to go through series of checklists and bring each by each to see what works and what doesnt. It overall hurts team in car development.

They also have issue with ideology of developing car. Mercedes does one thing really well, Red Bull does it own really well. Ferrari has most money so they can do whatever f they want. Renault doesnt do anything well and they arent interested in spending whatever f they want to fix issues.

So problem is I dont know? Ambition? Money? Lack of competent staff? Who knows. They banking everything on 2022 and they likely write off 2021 long time ago. Those who followed Renault for some time know 2021 was gonna be rough year due corona and new regs delay.

Everyone is time limited on wind tunnel time. So whatever hardware issue there was, that time wasn't wasted.

With regards to RBR and Merc....we can add Ferrari, they've traditionaly spent double what Alpine has. So we'll see next year with 145 million budge this year how the car looks.

Also, with Alpine finishing further behind, they'll have more wind tunnel time in 2021 and likely 2022.

No surprise Merc is moaning about the costs to replace all the parts broken on the Bottas/Russel affair + Hamilton's front wing.

Redragon

Neno wrote:
Tooooom wrote:

So why they have reformed all the Viry-Châtillon factory and renew and update to today standards all the engine development building. Which has been opened recently, 1 year later than expected because Covid?

diffuser

Redragon wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 23:49
Neno wrote:
Tooooom wrote:

So why they have reformed all the Viry-Châtillon factory and renew and update to today standards all the engine development building. Which has been opened recently, 1 year later than expected because Covid?
I don't want to defend Neno but.....he didn't say they didn't have the latest tools just they didn't know how to use them.....The reality is it was a budget thing.They just didn't have the budget. Then again none of the remaining 6 teams (7 with Alpine) could keep up with the top 3 budgets either. Sure they're not gonna have any problems getting to 145M this year, 140 next and 135 the year after.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Renault aka Alpine cannot abandon this year for next year success. It won't happen like that. You need to fix your existing issue else it will follow you for next year. Don't know where they are heading for.