2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
the EDGE
the EDGE

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Another midfield WIN 4 Lando

That’s 5 wins in the last 6 races

He’s on 🔥 🏆X🏆🏆🏆🏆
Last edited by the EDGE on 02 May 2021, 17:46, edited 2 times in total.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Yep and we gained a few points on Ferrari on a track I really thought we wouldn’t. Equally all weekend it didn’t look likely. Very useful points

Darth-Piekus

If Mclaren has ambitions to reclaim their number one position as they deserve they must keep this team together at all costs. Superb drive from Lando with worn tyres controlling the distance from Leclerc and his fresher hards and actually at a time he was faster than Perez with fresher softs. Great save at the end from Danny. Sainz out of the points and we increase our difference from Ferrari. Now Mclaren has to help Ricciardo find his top form cause we could have easily been clear 3rd by far if both drivers were equal in performance.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Another solid race for RIC too

He may have time 2 find, but 3 points finishes in a row is a decent start

Can’t wait for him to find his MoJo

proteus

Lando is an animal. His skill of saving tyre life is outstanding.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Emag
Emag

Yeah, Daniel's struggles may come to bite in the end. Today they had the chance to outscore Ferrari by a lot if Ricciardo was on it.

mclaren111

Great Stuff Lando !!!!! =D> =D>

Macklaren
Macklaren

Great damage limitation drive even if we possibly left a few points on the table. Tire strategy wasn't in our favor - we need to be fast enough to do Q2 on mediums. Nice job on a track that wasn't very suited to us though

Darth-Piekus

Last year Lando wasn't thay good at saving tyres but this year he is doing something different and he is phenomenal. Are we gonna see another Ayrton Senna in the face of Lando Norris or was he 1 in a million?

This is off topic but I wonder how history would have been written if it wasn't for that setup Spygate back in 2007 which damaged Mclaren for many years.

proteus

Emag wrote:
02 May 2021, 17:44
Yeah, Daniel's struggles may come to bite in the end. Today they had the chance to outscore Ferrari by a lot if Ricciardo was on it.
Well he managed to outscore their worse driver of the day. Still better than how it looked at the start.Every bread crum counts.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

the EDGE
the EDGE

Macklaren wrote:
02 May 2021, 17:45
Great damage limitation drive even if we possibly left a few points on the table. Tire strategy wasn't in our favor - we need to be fast enough to do Q2 on mediums. Nice job on a track that wasn't very suited to us though
I thought Lando’s mediums were going to fade, everyone else was in the Hards

He done an amazing job, again, making the move then controlling the pace to look after them

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:Yeah, Daniel's struggles may come to bite in the end. Today they had the chance to outscore Ferrari by a lot if Ricciardo was on it.
I believe the whole weekend is actually a very positive one... The team is bound to have bad weekends and make mistakes (such as RIC exiting Qualy in Q1 and Lando not been well positioned for his fast lap in Q3)... If the result of those bad weekends is both cars in the points and scoring more points than every team in the midfield, I’ll take it!

The car has good pace to fight for the midfield lead, but is still way behind Merc and RBR as showed in this race... Therefore the result is really good all considered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

And it allows an earlier switch to ‘22 if desired or at least firm up the plans they’ve started setting out targets wise

Darth-Piekus

Makes me wonder how the story would have been written if the Spygate never happened. Would we have kept Hamilton, Mercedes as a factory team and the whole technical team and perhaps write history as the most successful team in F1 capturing 7 championships in a row breaking every record?

MrGapes

I'm quite optimistic for these updates now.... remember we are still basically running the pre-season test car... lets hope for some significant gains with these updates