I'm looking for the drawings or plans of the Cosworth TJ V10

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
echedey

I'm looking for the drawings or plans of the Cosworth TJ V10

Hello, how would someone know where I could get the plans or drawing or designs of the Cosworth TJ V10 engine? I am a designer and I would like to model this engine for pure hobby, see if someone has them or sells them, thanks

flynfrog

Re: I'm looking for the drawings or plans of the Cosworth TJ V10

Try reaching out to Brian G memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10931

Zynerji

echedey wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 19:18
Hello, how would someone know where I could get the plans or drawing or designs of the Cosworth TJ V10 engine? I am a designer and I would like to model this engine for pure hobby, see if someone has them or sells them, thanks
Yes! Let's get some pneumatic valves on a group buy!

saviour stivala

Getting the plans or drawing or design of the Cosworth TJV10? Good luck with that.

echedey

Gentlemen, there is no luck, he does not sell the designs that he could understand, but as it is a discontinued engine, he could sell the drawings to f1 fans and this man will earn money for the work done, no one asks him to give them away, he could put a reasonable price And sell copies of the drawings, someone who can get me a copy of those drawings or talk to him, thank you, I would be helpful and I would appreciate it if someone could convince you.

echedey

good Mr. Brian, GH send you a private to see if we can get in touch please

coaster

If you can prefer a ferrari v10, there is a book 'inside a ferrari f2000', its an expensive book, but this book contains front, side views both external and internal. As well as internal dimensions pubilished, the information needs to be scanned, traced, scaled and redrawn again to the nearest sizes in 2d, then it must be converted 3d.
This process will take time and need maybe 3 cad draftsmen and 6 months.
You could try this alone, but it may take a few years of your spare time.
I tried and got as far as scaling, that took about one year, it was intense and difficult.
Then redraw and 3d was need, maybe 2 years.
I gave up, life is too short.

Edit; a japanese magazine called 'motor fan' had a similar amount published about hondas v8 kers engine from the button / barrichello era.
Again, maybe 2 years of spare time to process.

Jolle

echedey wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 00:53
Gentlemen, there is no luck, he does not sell the designs that he could understand, but as it is a discontinued engine, he could sell the drawings to f1 fans and this man will earn money for the work done, no one asks him to give them away, he could put a reasonable price And sell copies of the drawings, someone who can get me a copy of those drawings or talk to him, thank you, I would be helpful and I would appreciate it if someone could convince you.
I think you can still buy Cosworth V10’s. They sell them and install them in any 1989-2005 F1 car you bring them.

echedey

I am not interested in having motors and f1 cars, I just want the drawings or plans to model, I do it for entertainment and to learn how to model that type of cock as a personal challenge

coaster

Tj was not divulged much, maybe CA2006?
3d polymesh is available from the bloodhound ssc project.
Brian G is the only guy in the world with Tj cad which took him maybe 1 year of cad and purchasing, only his best friends would have the luxury of seeing.

Mattchu

echedey wrote:
03 May 2021, 01:00
I am not interested in having motors and f1 cars, I just want the drawings or plans to model, I do it for entertainment and to learn how to model that type of cock as a personal challenge
Pardon me!

echedey

I'm sorry if you don't understand what I'm saying, I'm Spanish and I use google translator to be able to write in English.

echedey

Well, gentlemen, what I said, I would like to get the drawings of the Cosworth tj V10, I would pay for it, or get copies of drawings of some of its components in 2d or if you can not in 2d in 3d

saviour stivala

coaster wrote:
02 May 2021, 23:37
If you can prefer a ferrari v10, there is a book 'inside a ferrari f2000', its an expensive book, but this book contains front, side views both external and internal. As well as internal dimensions pubilished, the information needs to be scanned, traced, scaled and redrawn again to the nearest sizes in 2d, then it must be converted 3d.
This process will take time and need maybe 3 cad draftsmen and 6 months.
You could try this alone, but it may take a few years of your spare time.
I tried and got as far as scaling, that took about one year, it was intense and difficult.
Then redraw and 3d was need, maybe 2 years.
I gave up, life is too short.

Edit; a japanese magazine called 'motor fan' had a similar amount published about hondas v8 kers engine from the button / barrichello era.
Again, maybe 2 years of spare time to process.
I have the book ‘’under the skin of the championship-winning F1-2000’’ By Peter Wright. Ordered my copy from RET before the book went into print. Excellent cutaways, illustrations, drawing, photos. But no external or internal dimensions. Cannot understand how one can make proper working drawings of the 049 from what is shown in that book.

Brian.G

coaster wrote:
03 May 2021, 01:21
Tj was not divulged much, maybe CA2006?
3d polymesh is available from the bloodhound ssc project.
Brian G is the only guy in the world with Tj cad which took him maybe 1 year of cad and purchasing, only his best friends would have the luxury of seeing.
Correct :lol: I got many pms off the original poster...just to have it out in the open, the cad would be many many manyyyy thousands as it took a lot of my life to do. Even at that, its just step files - with no +/- tolerancing in terms of GDT...not to mention exact material spec, surface roughness, or surface treatments so somewhat useless unless you just wanted to print 3d models....

For anyone wanting 3d cad of an F1 TJ engine or any engine for that matter, buy a secondhand display model, buy a 3keuro laptop, buy a Cad package, a cmm, a lot of silicone resin, some other stuff then spend at least 5000hrs with the Cad package learning, then draw up your model. It's the cheapest way - trust me.

Brian,
If you think you cant, you wont, If you think you can, you will