F1 Quiz Chain

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
matt21

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Austrian GP 1976:
- as of 2020 the last World Championship race that Ferrari did not enter
- the last time an American-licensed constructor won a F1 race
- last occasion to date that a female driver would finish

matt21

Only "grand chalem" of a swiss driver by Regazzoni at the US GP

NathanOlder

matt21 wrote:
05 May 2021, 16:20
Austrian GP 1976:
- as of 2020 the last World Championship race that Ferrari did not enter
- the last time an American-licensed constructor won a F1 race
- last occasion to date that a female driver would finish
Remember hUirEYExbN said it hadn't happened since, or before. So a 'last time' thing wont count, it needs to be an 'only time' thing.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

CMSMJ1

Something truly unique about the season - not a race, or driver, or team?

Never happened before or since?

Hmmm says I!
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Herr_Koos

Mario Andretti's victory in Japan was his second in Formula One, coming five years, seven months and 18 days after his maiden win at the 1971 South African Grand Prix. As of 2020, this is the longest period between a first and second victory of a driver in the series. Yes, I copied this from Wikipedia.

So in other words, the the unique event is longest wait between a driver's first and second victories in history. A feat that cannot be repeated for some time yet since we've had very few first time one time only winners lately. Perez and Gasly come to min, and they would need to go winless for another five years to break this record.

hUirEYExbN

Herr_Koos wrote:
05 May 2021, 17:45
Mario Andretti's victory in Japan was his second in Formula One, coming five years, seven months and 18 days after his maiden win at the 1971 South African Grand Prix. As of 2020, this is the longest period between a first and second victory of a driver in the series. Yes, I copied this from Wikipedia.

So in other words, the the unique event is longest wait between a driver's first and second victories in history. A feat that cannot be repeated for some time yet since we've had very few first time one time only winners lately. Perez and Gasly come to min, and they would need to go winless for another five years to break this record.
This is a good one, and nicely justified. It isn't what I'm thinking though.

Mine is very of the moment, it has no build up period, lets say. It happened at and was isolated to the event in question. However, it could have happened at any other event at any time in the history of the sport.

BassVirolla

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 May 2021, 16:06
NathanOlder wrote:
05 May 2021, 15:57
Just_a_fan wrote:
05 May 2021, 15:43
The only time a 6 wheeled F1 car has won a race was in 1976 at the Swedish GP. Jody Scheckter in the Tyrrell P34.
matt21 already guessed that.
Ah, missed that. :oops:
Wasn't 1976 the first season with a six wheeled car?

Herr_Koos

hUirEYExbN wrote:
05 May 2021, 19:31
Herr_Koos wrote:
05 May 2021, 17:45

This is a good one, and nicely justified. It isn't what I'm thinking though.

Mine is very of the moment, it has no build up period, lets say. It happened at and was isolated to the event in question. However, it could have happened at any other event at any time in the history of the sport.
Well, I tried.

Is the answer like Jack Sparrow's island in Pirates of the Caribbean? It cannot be found except by those who already know what it is?

hUirEYExbN

Herr_Koos wrote:
06 May 2021, 07:47
Is the answer like Jack Sparrow's island in Pirates of the Caribbean? It cannot be found except by those who already know what it is?
Not at all, it is public knowledge and has been since it happened.

BassVirolla wrote:
06 May 2021, 00:28
Just_a_fan wrote:
05 May 2021, 16:06
NathanOlder wrote:
05 May 2021, 15:57
matt21 already guessed that.
Ah, missed that. :oops:
Wasn't 1976 the first season with a six wheeled car?
Yes (unless you go vary far back), but my answer only relates to a single event. Something I didn't initially state in my increasingly annoying question.

Herr_Koos

I think it's safe to say we don't know.

hUirEYExbN

Herr_Koos wrote:
07 May 2021, 15:56
I think it's safe to say we don't know.
Someone will figure it out. Once they do they will be disappointed, because it really is not at all interesting. Someone is bound to say that it doesn't qualify.

To recap:
The answer is something that is unique in F1 throughout its whole history.
It occurred in 1976 during a single event.
It could have occurred at any other event in any other season. There is nothing special about 1976 or the event in question that led to this.
It can (and probably will) happen in future, but not for some years lets say.

Lets see what happens.

Augustus

Project Four wrote:
09 Mar 2008, 18:31
Was it that the driver champion was Jack Brabham who also was also the owner of the constructor champions 'Brabham - Repco'
Yes he was.

NathanOlder

Augustus wrote:
08 May 2021, 13:58
Project Four wrote:
09 Mar 2008, 18:31
Was it that the driver champion was Jack Brabham who also was also the owner of the constructor champions 'Brabham - Repco'
Yes he was.
Is that a reply to a 13 year old post, by a user who has not been active for 4 years :P
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

matt21

hUirEYExbN wrote:
07 May 2021, 18:20
Someone will figure it out. Once they do they will be disappointed, because it really is not at all interesting. Someone is bound to say that it doesn't qualify.

To recap:
The answer is something that is unique in F1 throughout its whole history.
It occurred in 1976 during a single event.
It could have occurred at any other event in any other season. There is nothing special about 1976 or the event in question that led to this.
It can (and probably will) happen in future, but not for some years lets say.

Lets see what happens.
I still do not have a clue.
You maybe should give us a hint, otherwise this chain will be stuck again.

hollus

If it was in a particular race in 1976... which race? That will narrow down the guesses.
Rivals, not enemies.