2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hammerfist

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

Ringleheim wrote:
05 May 2021, 20:05
LM10 wrote:
05 May 2021, 09:25
https://www.corriere.it/sport/formula-1 ... bb8d.shtml

This article says that the new floor will not be used in Barcelona. It was tested in Portimao to evaluate correlation. It will be put on the car as part of a bigger upgrade package later.
I'm surprised they are screwing around with stuff like this, to be honest. This season was over before it began; route the energy, time, effort into next year's car!
There is nothing wrong with working on development. They must prove to themselves that they have what it takes to make the car go faster. If they can't then 2022 is already a failure, no matter how soon they start that project. You need to understand what makes you go fast, that is really the main difference between the champs and the rest. The champs understand their cars better than the others. Let's see if they can close the gap to the front or surpass Mclaren. What is so wrong with that?

Sevach

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... view-2021/
Good interview.
I don't read German but google translate seems to be doing a good enough job with it.

JPower

Looked decent today especially on the mediums.

Alpine looks to have found enough pace to enter the fray with Ferrari and McLaren. Margins will be even tighter going forward.

ryaan2904

Hammerfist wrote:
06 May 2021, 03:56
Ringleheim wrote:
05 May 2021, 20:05
LM10 wrote:
05 May 2021, 09:25
https://www.corriere.it/sport/formula-1 ... bb8d.shtml

This article says that the new floor will not be used in Barcelona. It was tested in Portimao to evaluate correlation. It will be put on the car as part of a bigger upgrade package later.
I'm surprised they are screwing around with stuff like this, to be honest. This season was over before it began; route the energy, time, effort into next year's car!
There is nothing wrong with working on development. They must prove to themselves that they have what it takes to make the car go faster. If they can't then 2022 is already a failure, no matter how soon they start that project. You need to understand what makes you go fast, that is really the main difference between the champs and the rest. The champs understand their cars better than the others. Let's see if they can close the gap to the front or surpass Mclaren. What is so wrong with that?
Very well said =D>
CFD Eyes of Sauron

JPower

Great drives by both drivers this session.

Going from P9/P11 in quali last year to P4/P6 this year shows that the work over last season has definitely paid off.

I think if you were to tell Carlos he’d be this close to Charles this early in the year, he would’ve been very happy with the idea.

tangodjango

JPower wrote:
07 May 2021, 16:48
Looked decent today especially on the mediums.

Alpine looks to have found enough pace to enter the fray with Ferrari and McLaren. Margins will be even tighter going forward.
Yup Alpine could have easily been fourth and fifth today unless Leclerc's run plan lost him time, by not being on the new softs during the first run. It'll be interesting to see the race pace tomorrow.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Mansell89

Pretty impressed with the balance on that Ferrari.

Il be very interested in how they go in Monaco- looks like a proper downforce machine and Monaco won’t see them worrying about power.

Certainly a step forward this car is.

LM10

Mansell89 wrote:
08 May 2021, 19:05
Pretty impressed with the balance on that Ferrari.

Il be very interested in how they go in Monaco- looks like a proper downforce machine and Monaco won’t see them worrying about power.

Certainly a step forward this car is.
Yea, pretty balanced overall. The car looks good on track. Impressive step from last year.

What I like about this season’s Ferrari is that they calmly do their stuff and it seems that they’ve become better in every possible aspect. Even when it comes to pit stops they’re one of only two teams averaging under 3 seconds in pit stops.
Generally working with their heads down and not paying attention to other things around.

Mekies told that they’ve already shifted 90-95% of work into next year’s car. Practically all resources are going into next year now. The close fight with McLaren won’t make them change their plans of not developing the SF21 anymore. Most improvements will come from simply understanding the car and tyres progressively.

Andres125sx

Great perfomance. I was wondering what happened to Charles as he was behind Carlos in all sesions of Q... up to second run of Q3, so I guess he simply was not pushing too hard until it really matters, while Carlos is still trying to learn the car so he´s pushing every time he´s behind the wheel

Amazing parity behind Mercedes and RBR, not sure what sesion it was, but at some point there was just 2 tenths between 5th and 13th! :shock:

Anycase they said their pace in Q is better than their long runs, so we´ll see what happens today

wowgr8

Charles said he was trying to manage the tyres in Q2 and that in Q3 he was comfortable because he could push the way he wanted. Sainz says he lacked confidence in the front at that new turn 10 and that that's where he's losing laptime

JPBD1990

Great race for Ferrari. Happy with that. Charles clearly faster than Mclaren, Carlos faster too but stuck behind Ric. All in all, stepping into the 3rd fastest spot. Nice progress, and hearing 90-95% focus on next year. I have a good feeling about Ferrari’s trajectory. I hope next year proves it right.

Schippke

Indeed, Ferrari's strongest race so far; Great race from Charles... I'd argue he was driver of the day, all things considered. Carlos was very close to getting Ric towards the end, potential was 6th might've been there... but out of all the drivers joining new teams I'd argue Carlos has been the most impressive in getting up to speed. Taking into consideration last year, this is very much a good result... the strategy has been good (aside from the Portugal Hiccup with Sainz) and pitstops for the most part have been clean and quick. Looks like the team is laying the foundations, keeping their head down and chipping away.

I still stand by my reckoning, that Ferrari's driver line-up as arguably the strongest at this stage... which that alone is clawing them back a lot more solid results this year, along with the car improvements. Only other one that might rival it will be McLaren's if Ricciardo gets up to speed (which seems likely if this race is anything to go by). In short, the fight for P3 it seems will be awesome... hope we end up on top by the end of 2021.

JPower

Solid race.

Strategy was on point and both drivers sound like they are confident in the car which is always a good sign. They were clearly the 3rd quickest car on pace today.

I think the car's handling characteristics bode well for Monaco. Would like to see Charles do well there for once.

EDIT

Also take a note: The SF21 has been the 3rd quickest in quali on pace all 4 races, and 2 out of 4 races.

wowgr8

First class B win of the year as well. If the car is strong in Monaco I really want a 5-6

mafeotul

Just wanted to come here and congratulate Ferrari for a much better start of the season. I miss fighting with you all at the top of the grid.

And PS. I probably speak from a lot of people’s perspective, when i say, god forgive us, and protect us from the moment Charles gets a top 3 car.