2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

NL_Fer wrote:
07 May 2021, 22:32
Max had a purple final sector on one of the first fast laps and made a mistake on his qualy sim. His first 2 sectors were on par with Hamilton.
That lap with purple s3 was still 0.366 off mercedes at that time.

As for quali sim, he did another lap on soft after mistake but was slower than his run on mediums.

etusch

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
07 May 2021, 22:12
godlameroso wrote:
07 May 2021, 19:07
Wouter wrote:
07 May 2021, 18:33

Where do you get that idea from? That isn't correct.
Can you give me those numbers?
It is correct.

Hamilton's soft tire run started with high 22's but couldn't keep that pace, whereas Verstappen could do high 22's towards the end.

Hamilton's medium tire runs were mid to high 22's, Verstappen matched that on his first lap, and I know there's more to come from him and RBR. I'll take the negative rep, but I expect you to undo it Sunday.
I'm sorry, but I see other times on this FIA site.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... es_v01.pdf

And here.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0yofh8X0AA ... name=small
#-o

This verifies exactly what I said, look at Hamilton's soft tire run. Second lap, high 22, and could not replicate that. Verstappen 22.9 on final lap of his soft stint. Verstappen did 1 single race sim lap on mediums, it was a 22.5, slightly faster than Hamilton. I can easily see him maintaining at least a 22.5 pace on mediums.

The hard tire is a touch too slow and doesn't have much more longevity than the medium to be worth it. You won't be able to one stop with the hard.
Saishū kōnā

dans79

godlameroso wrote:
07 May 2021, 23:30
This verifies exactly what I said, look at Hamilton's soft tire run. Second lap, high 22, and could not replicate that. Verstappen 22.9 on final lap of his soft stint. Verstappen did 1 single race sim lap on mediums, it was a 22.5, slightly faster than Hamilton. I can easily see him maintaining at least a 22.5 pace on mediums.
Based on what he saw today, it sure sounds like Horner disagrees with your assessment!

https://www.racefans.net/2021/05/07/des ... elievable/
Red Bull CEO Christian Horner suggested after the session that Mercedes are the team to beat. “Qualifying’s crucial,” he said. “It’s important that we’re close to Mercedes this weekend.”

“I think that it would be unbelievable if we could beat Mercedes at this kind of circuit,” he added. “We just need not to be conceding too many points at the moment, with an eye on the long game.”
197 104 103 7

godlameroso

dans79 wrote:
08 May 2021, 00:49
godlameroso wrote:
07 May 2021, 23:30
Based on what he saw today, it sure sounds like Horner disagrees with your assessment!

https://www.racefans.net/2021/05/07/des ... elievable/
Red Bull CEO Christian Horner suggested after the session that Mercedes are the team to beat. “Qualifying’s crucial,” he said. “It’s important that we’re close to Mercedes this weekend.”

“I think that it would be unbelievable if we could beat Mercedes at this kind of circuit,” he added. “We just need not to be conceding too many points at the moment, with an eye on the long game.”
It doesn't sound like he's acknowledging he's behind though. Just that beating Mercedes around Barcelona would be unbelievable because its such a benchmark track.

Especially when this comes directly after the quote:
"This looks like the usual game of bluff and counter-bluff."
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Some quick thoughts. The medium will start degrading around lap 10-11, the soft has more performance but not much more deg, the problem is temperature. If you look after the softs, or maybe increase the tire pressure on the front left to keep the temp in check. It should last just as long as the mediums.

Turn 10 is increasing the temperature of the rear right tire, the hard may be slower, but it may be just as fast as the other two tires because it's easier to keep in a happy place, and doesn't really care if you thrash it.
Saishū kōnā

McMika98

Analyse all you want but if Max and Perez are behind Ferrari and Alpine after quali, the the race will be compromised, whatever tyres they use it won't make a difference.

hasika

https://www.as-web.jp/f1/696015?all
Tanabe san's interview after Friday.
──The Barcelona circuit is said to be a benchmark circuit in terms of measuring machine performance.
Tanabe TD: It was almost a trouble-free first day for the power unit. Only one thing, Tsunoda (Yuki) had a power shut-off while driving. He was just off the track, riding hard on the curb and hitting the bottom of the floor, so we are investigating the causal relationship with it. However, the power unit is not set to shut down easily when a shock is applied, so we will investigate the cause thoroughly .

── Did you mean that the main power was turned off while driving?
Tanabe TD: Yes.

── Did inertia turned on the PU?
Tanabe TD: No,it just recovered over time.

──Although it was the first day, both four Honda-powered cars were in the top ten.
Tanabe TD: The two Red Bull cars were in a bad position,but the drivers' comments are both positive. I wonder it's not bad if each sector is put together.

── Verstappen said, "We are losing to Mercedes in energy deployment ." However, in the opening round in Bahrain,My impression that Honda was superior. How is it actually?
Tanabe TD: Its depends on the course characteristics of each circuit and how to use regenerative energy. I haven't talked to Max (Verstappen) about this yet, so I'll ask him for more details.And if its necessary,we will analyze the data too.

──The amount of drag also changed race by race.
Tanabe TD: Yes.Its not a excuse but it's just a problem as the whole machine package. Mercedes also changes the downforce with two cars. The only thing I can say is that our target is beating our rivals completely,no matter what setting they use.We will continue to develop our Power unit to reach that high level.

──In other words, can you say the deployment performance of Mercedes and Honda are competing closely and changed the driver's feeling,depending on the setting difference and course characteristics?
Tanabe TD: It has been three races since the opening, and I think had a good fight. However, it is still in the stage of catching up and overtaking. We have a good fight, but I think we still have a long way to go(to reach the target of beating rivals completely).

LHamilton

Perez apparently using Verstappens setup. Don't know what to think of this. It's ok in the some sense since it's eaiser for Perez so estimate things. However, one would think that given his experience he should be able to thread the setup on his own despite this being a new car. I mean, putting a driver on Verstappens setup was something Red Bull did to Albon when he couldn't find his feet on his own. And a lot of people complained that it was due to Albons lack of experience. And the 'Perez comes with a lot of experience' doesn't do a whole lot if he walks the path of Albon in this scenario.

As I said, I can see why he would use it in the beginning to guide himself and get reference points. But we're into race four now. You would think that by this race he would have some good understanding about the car and go on his own way with the setup. Oh well, hopefully for his sake he's either being able to perform with Verstappen's setup, or he manages to guide himself sooner rather than later. Or else he might find himself on the trail of which Albon used to walk.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pere ... t/6503835/

McMika98

LHamilton wrote:
08 May 2021, 10:15
Perez apparently using Verstappens setup. Don't know what to think of this.

As I said, I can see why he would use it in the beginning to guide himself and get reference points. But we're into race four now. You would think that by this race he would have some good understanding about the car and go on his own way with the setup. Oh well, hopefully for his sake he's either being able to perform with Verstappen's setup, or he manages to guide himself sooner rather than later. Or else he might find himself on the trail of which Albon used to walk.

This is not going to help Perez especially in quali, his driving style is polar opposite of Max. Quali will be interesting because the position will effective determine his race.

Wouter

hasika wrote:
08 May 2021, 09:40
https://www.as-web.jp/f1/696015?all
Tanabe san's interview after Friday.
Thanks again @Hasika!
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 06:45
Analyse all you want but if Max and Perez are behind Ferrari and Alpine after quali, the the race will be compromised, whatever tyres they use it won't make a difference.
What are you smoking? Behind Alpine? You clearly have a lot to learn still if you take this seriously a Friday

etusch

LHamilton wrote:
08 May 2021, 10:15
Perez apparently using Verstappens setup. Don't know what to think of this. It's ok in the some sense since it's eaiser for Perez so estimate things. However, one would think that given his experience he should be able to thread the setup on his own despite this being a new car. I mean, putting a driver on Verstappens setup was something Red Bull did to Albon when he couldn't find his feet on his own. And a lot of people complained that it was due to Albons lack of experience. And the 'Perez comes with a lot of experience' doesn't do a whole lot if he walks the path of Albon in this scenario.

I forgot who was saying this to who, a formula 1 driver said for otherone that "he is very good driver but drives for mid level teams and if he keep going like this longer and finally when he get in a winning car he can not drive it as desired because he will be used to drive midlevel cars."
I think Vettel lives this on the contrary. Russel will live this if he drive too long for williams.
What Perez do now is a clever approach. He shouldn't set the car for all his habits but he has to be change his habits to drive a winning car. During this of course he can change somethings. But not much.

wowgr8

Why is this Red Bull thread always packed with Hamilton fans?

NL_Fer

I feel the same. Perez has driven Force India for 7 years, a car with a different philosophy than Redbull. So thinks must be different.