2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Lock2nl

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Perez stated from the start the RBR was completely different from what he was used to drive. So he had to adapt. He repeated this explicitely on Thursday.
Whether taking the setup of your team mate is a weak point is hard to say. If he has been setting it up in the previous three races by himself just to find out he ends up with a setup similar to Max, then why waist precious time? It could also be useful to benchmark his driving to Max. To know the differences may help him find out where it is setup and where it is driving style/capabilities.

The story about RB suddingly being outpaced by Mercedes is not strange.
It was very clear that Mercedes was hindered by the 'diva-like' rear end of the W12. They lost speed in the corners, also in high speed corners exits. Lower corner exit speeds meant they needed to be more agressive on the battery to keep up on the straights. In Bahrein Lewis was about as quick on the straights as Max (both were midfield) but in all other sections Lewis was a bit slower.
They fixed that diva. Chapeau! So Mercedes does not lose that much or any at all on RB in the corners. And with higher corner exit speeds they can achieve higher max speeds on the straights. Portimao was a very good example. They were soo much better in Galp (last corner). No need for an agressive use of the battery. They can now stretch the deployment all the way to the end of the straights.
This is why Max said RB now lose it on deployment (which was the opposite in Bahrein). Which is a bit unfair to Honda. He is not driving an engine. He is driving a car. Red Bull needs to work on drag and grip. Like Mercedes worked on the rear end of their car.

Wouter

FP3 Max 0,235 sec in front of Hamilton.

Image ... Image ... Image ...
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

I hate to say I told you so.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 13:07
:lol: =D>
The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

Let's see when the sandbags come off for Q3...

seense

godlameroso wrote:
I believe we still have to qualify and race... Hope you are right though. [-o<

godlameroso

seense wrote:
08 May 2021, 13:10
godlameroso wrote:
I believe we still have to qualify and race... Hope you are right though. [-o<
Teams usually gain about a second between P3 and Q3. We'll see, it's going to be close and I'm excited regardless what happens, but ya'll know who I'm rooting for.
Saishū kōnā

Juzh

They need to sort out traction problems out of final corner, Max had oversteer on power in pretty much every fast lap, and even here at the start of the lap. Otherwise car seems quite ok, if a little understeery, but maybe that's on purpose.
https://streamable.com/p7vomp

Marti_EF3

S3 it's still a problem. RB is supreme on S2, but we are losing time on the S3. And it will be crucial on Q3 coming with enough tire and not overheating it before S3

TNTHead

godlameroso wrote:
May be a bit premature, but
I hate to say but I fear next qualy and race will be disappointing, since the Mercs will still have quite the upper hand. I expect the Mercs have purposely trained with lower engine modes. Hopefully Max can get his sectors together for qually, then he has a chance but i estimate it at only 40%. I am already a bit sick of the narrative 'RB is the best and its theirs to loose.' Its the otherway around.

hasika

I feels S3 will be the key of qualifying result.

godlameroso

TNTHead wrote:
08 May 2021, 13:52
godlameroso wrote:
May be a bit premature, but
I hate to say but I fear next qualy and race will be disappointing, since the Mercs will still have quite the upper hand. I expect the Mercs have purposely trained with lower engine modes. Hopefully Max can get his sectors together for qually, then he has a chance but i estimate it at only 40%. I am already a bit sick of the narrative 'RB is the best and its theirs to loose.' Its the otherway around.
Sick of facts? The word 'but' is a negation, you can save yourself a lot of time by not using it. It also helps create a more positive tone in your writing.

Whenever I hear or read someone say something and then use 'but' at then end, everything before 'but' is essentially BS so I just skip it.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Verstappen SMASH!
Saishū kōnā

hasika

I think Verstappen lifted throttle before finish line in Q1 lap,was i wrong?
The Q2 lap was great,hope we can keep it for Q3.

PhillipM

The Q2 lap wasn't great - those are his race tyres and he hammered them to put half a second on the field for no reason.