FREE F1 TV FOR 30 DAYS

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kptaylor

Re: FREE F1 TV FOR 30 DAYS

Yep, F1TV Access is useless as you can't rewatch the race/practice for two full days...

hollus

They just added streaming to your TV for iOS and android (chromecast, I believe).
Airplay worked flawlessly through qualifying, so F1 is now upgraded from 24 inches on a computer chair to 46 inches on a sofa.
The service might vary from country to country, but here in Denmark it has been perfect so far this season.
Rivals, not enemies.

MtthsMlw

I'm having problems atm, the stream starts to buffer which only ends after hitting refresh :(
Makes me wonder if it's something on my end, will try from a different machine tomorrow.

politburo

AMG.Tzan wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 11:06
Last time out in February i had a 1 month subscription for F1 TV Pro...just to watch testing live! But although i cancelled my subscription before it could renew...they still charged me for the next month and didn't renew the subscription! But as i found out it was Google's Play Store messing it...so i got in touch with Google Play Store and got a refund!

Now i subscribed for the 1 month free and cancelled immediately after subscribing...let's see what happens this time around! It's good to cancel early before you get too close for comfort to the "renew" period! The subscription still stands for 1 month just like Netflix!

80$???? Where is F1 TV Access charged 80$??? God this is ridiculous...here in Greece it's only 3$ monthly or 27$ yearly! And F1TV Pro is 6$ monthly or 50$ yearly!
This is what I'm also wondering. In my area it is 45 USD per year for F1TV PRO and 5 USD per month. Honestly the phone app and even the webapp could get better it doesn't even have a "remember me" option it's so inconvinient having to login over and over.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

hollus

I am considering doing my gearing analysis since this year there are actually good battles and there are even some rumors about Mercedes 3rd gear doing this and Red Bull's 7th gear doing that...
Isn't onboard with telemetry supposed to be part of the offer?
I get great onboards, radio included, but no telemetry.
What am I missing?
Rivals, not enemies.

zeph

Juzh wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 16:38
zeph wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 21:03
Looong overdue, let’s hope they delivered this time around. I subscribed for 2019 and it was unusable, so I ditched it last year. If they’ve made good, I can FINALLY ditch Youtube TV.
If you're still on the fence, promo code "F1TV25" for -25% is currently active for annual f1tv pro. Additionally they at last switched to 50 fps streams. I don't know if it will be for all streams, or only for world feed, but even that's already a big improvement.
Online interface is night and day compared to what was offered before update, with much faster loading of website and streams. Chromecast works without a hitch now and doesn't require any workarounds.

Overall a big improvement.
With the shenanigans between YoutubeTV and Roku going on right now, I feel like it may be time for me to revisit F1TV Pro. I'm currently paying $65 p/m for YoutubeTV and F1 is literally the only thing I use it for.

I'd like to hear from others in California or the USA who are currently using F1TV Pro, how's it working for you? Can you watch live races without issues?

dren wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 12:35
I purchased F1TV for the first time ahead of this past race weekend. I really enjoyed it. The quality was fine, seems to take a few seconds more to jump to an HD picture than my other streams, but it still worked once it did. I enjoy no commercials. For me, $79 a year is a steal considering I pay about that much for Hulu live, which is where I pick up ESPN for F1.
Do they have an app for Roku/Apple TV or do you have to stream from the browser to the TV?
Never mind, found it here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/4 ... de90/f1-tv
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/f1-tv/id1315007279

Anybody successfully using it? Lot of negative reviews for both Roku and Apple TV app.
Last edited by zeph on 07 May 2021, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

Oehrly

hollus wrote:
07 May 2021, 20:35
I am considering doing my gearing analysis since this year there are actually good battles and there are even some rumors about Mercedes 3rd gear doing this and Red Bull's 7th gear doing that...
Isn't onboard with telemetry supposed to be part of the offer?
I get great onboards, radio included, but no telemetry.
What am I missing?
You get telemetry through the F1 app not the F1 TV app. You can replay the timing and telemetry for past sessions there. But you don't have it overlaid onto a video feed.

hollus

Thanks, F1 app. So not the same subscription? And if it is the same, how can I access it from the PC?
Rivals, not enemies.

Oehrly

The same subscription. You just need two apps and log in twice.
As far as I know you can't officially access it on pc. At least I haven't found out how.

hollus

Thanks!
Rivals, not enemies.

Juzh

Oehrly wrote:
08 May 2021, 12:50
As far as I know you can't officially access it on pc. At least I haven't found out how.
You need some sort of android emulator and then it can work pretty good. I use nox version 6.2.8.1 which I found to be most stable.

Oehrly

Juzh wrote:
08 May 2021, 15:01
Oehrly wrote:
You need some sort of android emulator and then it can work pretty good. I use nox version 6.2.8.1 which I found to be most stable.
Yes, but that's not what I consider an "official" way to access it on a pc :wink:

Juzh

Oehrly wrote:
08 May 2021, 15:12
Juzh wrote:
08 May 2021, 15:01
Oehrly wrote:
Yes, but that's not what I consider an "official" way to access it on a pc :wink:
You're right there :)

dren

zeph wrote:
07 May 2021, 20:39
Anybody successfully using it? Lot of negative reviews for both Roku and Apple TV app.
Sorry for the late reply. I'm using it on Roku when at the house and it works fine, but I don't jump around feeds, I stay on the main feed.
Honda!

zeph

dren wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 15:13
zeph wrote:
07 May 2021, 20:39
Sorry for the late reply. I'm using it on Roku when at the house and it works fine, but I don't jump around feeds, I stay on the main feed.
Good to know, thanks!