2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier

Re: 2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

Zynerji wrote:AT doesn't fund on prize money...

They are a proving ground for the RBR team, and they only exist to improve the chances of RBR winning the WCC (mostly through people developing experience). If they can also take occasional points off the only challenger to that team, that is worth WAY MORE to Red Bull than if AT finishes 4th in the championship.
I don’t think that AT has ever been in a position to have an effect on the WCC (or assist Red Bull for that matter)... So I don’t agree that the purpose is to improve RBR chances of winning the WCC.

In regards to be proving grounds, yes... Especially for drivers... But regardless of that and even if it funded by Red Bull, I’m sure that those millions would be welcomed and yes, finishing as high as possible should be part of their strategy / plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zynerji

SmallSoldier wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 17:32

They are a proving ground for the RBR team, and they only exist to improve the chances of RBR winning the WCC (mostly through people developing experience). If they can also take occasional points off the only challenger to that team, that is worth WAY MORE to Red Bull than if AT finishes 4th in the championship.
I don’t think that AT has ever been in a position to have an effect on the WCC (or assist Red Bull for that matter)... So I don’t agree that the purpose is to improve RBR chances of winning the WCC.

In regards to be proving grounds, yes... Especially for drivers... But regardless of that and even if it funded by Red Bull, I’m sure that those millions would be welcomed and yes, finishing as high as possible should be part of their strategy / plan.

Why would they welcome the millions?

Because they could then spend it on scoring more points than Mercedes!

A RBR 1-2 and an AT 3-4 (gamble that works) is worth more than money to RBR.

In a close year at the top, this working only 1 time could change the winner of the WCC, and this year AT have the car/drivers to do it. Even if they finish 10th, it's absolutely worth it.

Someone should ask Christian what a RBR12/AT34 would be worth to him...😏

SmallSoldier

Zynerji wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

In a close year at the top, this working only 1 time could change the winner of the WCC, and this year AT have the car/drivers to do it. Even if they finish 10th, it's absolutely worth it.

Someone should ask Christian what a RBR12/AT34 would be worth to him...
For that to happen, RBR will first need a 1-2 (which I don’t think has happened lately) and then AT 3-4 in front of Mercedes, which won’t happen either... Unless both Mercedes DNF in which case, the AT 3-4 from a WCC perspective doesn’t mean anything.

The possibility of AT having an effect on the WCC is as high with them having a proper strategy (not like in the last race) than with gambling like they did last race... If it’s a matter of lucking out in a race into a podium, there is no need to gamble from a strategy point of view.

Zynerji

SmallSoldier wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 23:57
Zynerji wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Someone should ask Christian what a RBR12/AT34 would be worth to him...
For that to happen, RBR will first need a 1-2 (which I don’t think has happened lately) and then AT 3-4 in front of Mercedes, which won’t happen either... Unless both Mercedes DNF in which case, the AT 3-4 from a WCC perspective doesn’t mean anything.

The possibility of AT having an effect on the WCC is as high with them having a proper strategy (not like in the last race) than with gambling like they did last race... If it’s a matter of lucking out in a race into a podium, there is no need to gamble from a strategy point of view.

If it would have rained again on lap 2-10, Pierre would have won Imola.

That was the gamble, and it didn't pay out.

I'm fine with watching this mid-field team swing for the fences.

It's a refreshing difference from the rest of the field!

Wouter

From today Yuki cap and shirt for sale in the shop, finally.

https://www.redbullshop.com/en-de/c/sat ... 0&show=All

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

We went above and beyond in our latest All-Access episode! From visiting Pierre Gasly at his Milan home, getting our sweat on in the gym, pulling out some poses for the camera, and fitting some racing in at the Imola GP. All this and much more (plus topless Pierre, you're welcome) in the latest AlphaTauri All-Access!
The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

Can't buy in the US... :roll: :roll:

SO...DUMB...

ispano6

Zynerji wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 15:14

SO...DUMB...
Yup, RedBull US is run by a different group, pretty lame.

Zynerji

ispano6 wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 17:32
Zynerji wrote:

SO...DUMB...
I need these hats ASAP! This is taking too long, my daughters are already adding hoodies to the Yuki order... :lol:

ispano6

Zynerji wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 17:42
ispano6 wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

SO...DUMB...
I need these hats ASAP! This is taking too long, my daughters are already adding hoodies to the Yuki order... :lol:
Ironically you can't get these at the goods.honda.co.jp shop yet either in japan, so you need to buddy up with a member from the UK/EU and have them send it over. I can ask someone if you're interested in a group buy and have them shipped stateside.

Zynerji

ispano6 wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 18:57
Zynerji wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 17:42
ispano6 wrote:

Ironically you can't get these at the goods.honda.co.jp shop yet either in japan, so you need to buddy up with a member from the UK/EU and have them send it over. I can ask someone if you're interested in a group buy and have them shipped stateside.
I greatly appreciate the offer, but I've been talking to the RedBull US store service, and they working on it!

Wouter

2021 Spanish Grand Prixview

Pierre Gasly #10:

“Moving on to Spain, it will be the first time that we won’t be comparing how the car has evolved since winter testing there. It’s not a bad track, even if we know that on Sunday, it’s not the easiest for overtaking. It means that Qualifying is very important and so far, we have managed to have a couple of very good Saturday afternoons, which is encouraging. We must concentrate on trying to ensure our Sundays are better. The track layout has changed at the hairpin, so it will be interesting to see what effect that has on the lap. What we have seen, is that the car has worked well at the first races and they always say that Barcelona provides a good test of what your car is really like. As it will be the fourth race of the season, we will already have a better idea of how it performs at various types of tracks and where we stand compared to the other teams. The key now is to ensure we capitalise on our good Qualis to chase a bigger points score.”

Yuki Tsunoda #22:

“After Portugal, next stop is Spain. Last year, I finished fourth in both Formula 2 races in Barcelona. Tyre management is one of the most important factors at this track, even in Qualifying, because you don’t want to kill the tyres in Sector 1 and then not have the tyres for Sector 3 to get a good lap time. I like this track, so I am looking forward to driving it for the first time in a Formula 1 car. I know it well, so I am pretty confident that I can drive fast right from FP1.”

Yuki likes to play jokes. :D

The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Hoping they end with the stupid and useless strategies for this race. That should be a good track for AT

Wouter

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 May 2021, 13:34
Hoping they end with the stupid and useless strategies for this race. That should be a good track for AT
Yes, I agree Marti.
The Power of Dreams!

McMika98

Yuki is on thin ice and needs to be booted. Blaming car and the team for not performing. Bring Albon back and remove the rookie, the team is missing out whilst competition keeps improving.