2021 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
senja

Re: 2021 Haas F1 Team

politburo wrote:
02 May 2021, 20:46
davidfroshanzen wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:47
Very interesting today mick can pass latifi in the race (altough by lafiti's mistake) ,,, hopely can make more progress ahead
True, although Latifi did make a mistake Mick was faster than him in clear air afterward. I marvel at Mick's calmness and consistency, he is really learning quickly, and there is still room for progress.
He lost a lot of time behind Latifi. If He could pass him earlier, I think He could even match Russell's pace. But Ferrari engine is still weaker than Mercedes engine. He was constantly in DRS zone of Latifi on second stint, even He had to move to everyone because of blue flags.

politburo

humble sabot wrote:
03 May 2021, 01:05
politburo wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 16:43
....snipped for visual brevity..... But hypocrisy is hypocrisy or a reason, it is meant to be unfair and we shall expect that.
I don't understand any of your response. From bits like "that's just how the cookie crumbles I'm afraid." which seem to say that it's all fine.
To things like splitting hairs about whether Uralkali is an oil company or not. They are a resource extraction company, and as you hinted at, tied to the weird phase of the dissolution of the USSR that essentially handed once national entities to individuals. Fiefdoms which now hold monstrous portions of the Russian economy in their personal accounts.

And why on earth should someone, anyone, respect hypocrisy?
Isn't it clear?. I laid that I did my own research to see if Uralkali is financially legit, and I was providing a rebuttal to claims that Mazepin is somehow responsible for poisoning Putin's political opponent because he is an oil billionaire - which he isn't. Uralkali being a previously state-owned company has nothing to do with Mazepin, his own company Uralchem operated parallel and independent to Uralkali for years. Uralchem being a company he set up by combining his assets for the goal of producing chemicals, which now I predominantly feritlizers. They even only recently got controlling capital in fact.

Is it splitting hairs to differentiate between a fertilizer production company and an oil producer?. The technicalities of both those fields are quite different. Furthermore, many of the hypocrites are using the oil stuff to discredit Mazepin's morals, make accusations and disrespect/hate the driver, his father, and the sponsor by saying that Russian oil money (which is not even relevant here) has a bad history behind it, and lumping Uralkali/Mazepin in with Rich Energy of all things. All this while Aramco are plastered all over F1's advertisements with minimal outrage given all of their dirty ties. I'm afraid that is just how the cookie crumbles - I dare you to investigate each and every team's finances now or even prior. Let's see if you will find the essence of heaven everywhere there. You will also have to look long and far to find any of those money sources who aren't, in one way or another, actively philanthropic.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

adrianjordan

Was I imagining it, or did Mick nearly lap Nikita?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

politburo

I've been crunching the lap data from the Portimao race weekend. I used a simple IQR method to remove outlier laps on the upper bound only. This was after already filtering out laps such as safety car laps, blue flag laps and pit in/out laps. I found the average pace as:

Mazepin
Soft Stint Average Laptime: 1:24.02
Medium Stint Average Laptime: 1:25.28
Hard Stint Average Laptime: 1:24.35
Outright best Laptime: 1:23.641

Schumacher
Soft Stint Average Laptime: N/A
Medium Stint Average Laptime: 1:24.91
Hard Stint Average Laptime: 1:23.93
Ouright best Laptime: 1:22.755

Schumacher ofcourse being held by Latifi for 20+ laps on both the Medium and Hard stints, but set his best lap once he got past Latifi. However, with what is there the race pace delta is around 4 tenths. In Imola the average delta on dry tyres between Maz and Mick was over 1 second.

It is a good thing that both drivers are learning and improving - perhaps at some point, there shall be some parity. Given how decently quick Mick is already it'll be nice if Maz can also find his pace, that way going into next season it will actually be exciting to see what the team+drivers can do in the midfield.

davidfroshanzen

After FP 1&2 looking Williams stronger than us,,, lets see tomorrow

Vasconia

davidfroshanzen wrote:
07 May 2021, 17:39
Portimao is a particular track, maybe we dreamed a bit too much about Haas been able to overtake Williams, but we also can see that Williams is very fast in qualy but their pace during the race isn´t that great.

Vasconia

senja wrote:
03 May 2021, 06:26
politburo wrote:
02 May 2021, 20:46
davidfroshanzen wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:47
Very interesting today mick can pass latifi in the race (altough by lafiti's mistake) ,,, hopely can make more progress ahead
True, although Latifi did make a mistake Mick was faster than him in clear air afterward. I marvel at Mick's calmness and consistency, he is really learning quickly, and there is still room for progress.
He lost a lot of time behind Latifi. If He could pass him earlier, I think He could even match Russell's pace. But Ferrari engine is still weaker than Mercedes engine. He was constantly in DRS zone of Latifi on second stint, even He had to move to everyone because of blue flags.
Yes, Mick wasn´t able to close the gap in the straights even using the DRS.

davidfroshanzen

Vasconia wrote:
08 May 2021, 09:11
davidfroshanzen wrote:
Portimao is a particular track, maybe we dreamed a bit too much about Haas been able to overtake Williams, but we also can see that Williams is very fast in qualy but their pace during the race isn´t that great.
I mean one of williams driver,, and today mick have done....
Last edited by davidfroshanzen on 08 May 2021, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

El Scorchio

Great drive to get p18. Sounds like a funny thing to say but it’s no mean feat in the haas.

politburo

El Scorchio wrote:
08 May 2021, 15:39
Great drive to get p18. Sounds like a funny thing to say but it’s no mean feat in the haas.
It does sound funny but in that car it makes sense, and Mick has great race pace. Maz found some but had a twitch at T5 and T14 exits. It looks like we will be fighting with at least one Williams driver yet again.

Vasconia

davidfroshanzen wrote:
08 May 2021, 15:32
Vasconia wrote:
08 May 2021, 09:11
davidfroshanzen wrote:
I mean latifi not williams,, and today mick have done....
I am pleasantly surprised, because I thought the gap was bigger. Great job by Mick! =D> =D> =D>

Sevach

Mick has a reputation of needing time to adapt, but he seems very solid from the go in F1, beating Latifi and so close to Kimi.
Not to compare (but doing it already) but Michael was similar, he also wasn't suppoused to be the best before getting to F1, in lower formulae people rated Frentzen and Mika higher.

davidfroshanzen

The race is hard for Haas,,, nothing we can do,,,, im dreaming is good if race in the wet conditions ,,, maybe mick can give more performance

MtthsMlw

Happy with Mick's performances so far, beat Mazepin by ~50s again.

politburo

MtthsMlw wrote:
09 May 2021, 17:19
Happy with Mick's performances so far, beat Mazepin by ~50s again.
True, I don't which I was more, impressed with Mick or disappointed with Nikita, Nikita he kept complaining about rear tyres he's gotta push through that. Mick is so quick tho he must be seeing it tough driving this slow car. Funny thing is, the car was competitive in the first sector but slow in the 2nd and 3rd sectors where the severe lack of aerodynamic grip/downforce on this car is really exposed.

It is such a stroke of luck that the regulations are changing for next year and they have some resources to develop fairly from scratch under this cost cap. This season is so tough to watch tho, 19 more weekends like this? so tough.