2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:31
Yuki is on thin ice and needs to be booted. Blaming car and the team for not performing. Bring Albon back and remove the rookie, the team is missing out whilst competition keeps improving.
You clearly don't know what is being a rookie having it's own ambitions and frustrations. Why take back Albon? To say they are fighting him so hard? :lol:

Snorked

Not a wise move to blame the car though - that's what Marko laid into Gasly for when he was crying about the race winning Red Bull car.

Both drivers have been poor so far this season. Gasly will never be a dependable lead driver for any team, he should have gone with Kvyat. If Yuki doesn't buck up his ideas and adjust his stinking attitude both should be replaced for next season.

SmallSoldier

Tsunoda’s attitude leaves a lot to be desired... He is a rookie and should be embracing the opportunity to be on the grid and develop... The lack of humility so far, always blaming something else for his lack of performance not will hamper his development.

It seems that all the hype from Marko has gotten to his head a little bit... He showed a lot of talent in F2, but so far he is making more noise due to his rants than his driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tangodjango

Maybe how he drove with the F2 car simply doesn't translate into F1? Didn't Leclerc say something similar in his first year before getting on top of things?
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Marti_EF3

He needs time. But also needs to work with himself. No one is expecting him to beat Gasly, he better to learn from him because it's a good driver

Wouter

Snorked wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:46
Not a wise move to blame the car though - that's what Marko laid into Gasly for when he was crying about the race winning Red Bull car.

Both drivers have been poor so far this season. Gasly will never be a dependable lead driver for any team,
he should have gone with Kvyat. If Yuki doesn't buck up his ideas and adjust his stinking attitude both should be replaced for next season.
I don't agree with you. I think you are exaggerating.

Image =D> =D> =D>
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 May 2021, 18:44
He needs time. But also needs to work with himself. No one is expecting him to beat Gasly, he better to learn from him because it's a good driver
The shortened sessions don't help either. 1hr sessions compared to 90mins is far less chance to get the balance and set up right, especially when there is traffic to consider. Bahrain testing was long enough for Tsunoda to get to grips with the track and the car. He should get better with time and more experience. He should probably also work on his technical English and diction.

nzjrs

We should cut him some slack for English as a second language too.

SmallSoldier

nzjrs wrote:We should cut him some slack for English as a second language too.
Yes... But the fact that he apologized for what he said indicates that there weren’t any translation issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nzjrs

SmallSoldier wrote:
09 May 2021, 00:58
nzjrs wrote:We should cut him some slack for English as a second language too.
Yes... But the fact that he apologized for what he said indicates that there weren’t any translation issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. Thats standard PR. Everyone apologizes always forever unconditionally. It's how it is these days.

LHamilton

In regards to the Tsunoda comments, I understand it as Tsunoda and Gasly just having different (opposite in his own words) ideas/feedback about the setup on the car, even if they have similar, or the same setup. That just tells me that Tsunoda likes to have a different setup to Gasly, nothing more really. But I do wonder if Alpha Tauri follows Gaslys direction more in terms of setup and perhaps even forces Tsunoda on that setup since Tsunoda is a rookie. And it thus might be that Tsunoda struggle because of that.

It's overall a tough thing for Alpha Tauri and Tsunoda because where they are and how the season is unfolding. AT expected big points, and has not really delivered it in the first few races, so they will be desperate to get some points on the board. And their best chance at this moment in time is Gasly. So it makes sense to listen to him more due to him being in F1 for a lot longer than Tsunoda, obviously.

For Tsunoda, he just has to learn. Get the grind on and just learn as much as possible. And AT needs to somewhat understand the difficulty of the situation, which they probably do. So I wouldn't really pick on Tsunoda on the post-qualy comments to much. However, his behaviour on the radio is a different manner. He needs to cool down and understand the situation at hand. Perhaps he is already feeling the pressure of getting the maximum out of the car at all times. And if that's a factor, does it come from within himself or from the team? If it comes from the team I fear the they have misjudged the situation. But to some degree it wouldn't suprise me with how Red Bull tend to work their drivers.

Wouter

:lol: :lol: :lol: So cute. 🤗

The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

#babytsunoda

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter