2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mansell89

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

I’d fancy them to go super well in Monaco.

Le Clerc is absolute quality - he belongs in the stage with Hamilton and Verstappen.

Sainz is a cracking racer too- this is a good team if they can get the new regs and power unit right.

SuperCNJ

mafeotul wrote:
09 May 2021, 21:46
And PS. I probably speak from a lot of people’s perspective, when i say, god forgive us, and protect us from the moment Charles gets a top 3 car.
The way Ferrari have got their act together this year, here's hoping that day will come soon! Max vs Charles are some of the best battles I've seen in recent years.

Vasconia

Mansell89 wrote:
09 May 2021, 21:55

Le Clerc is absolute quality - he belongs in the stage with Hamilton and Verstappen.

Sainz is a cracking racer too- this is a good team if they can get the new regs and power unit right.
Sainz needs to make a step forward in qualy, if he can do it, it will be awesome for Ferrari.

Andres125sx

Vasconia wrote:
10 May 2021, 11:39
Mansell89 wrote:
09 May 2021, 21:55

Sainz needs to make a step forward in qualy, if he can do it, it will be awesome for Ferrari.

I think he already did it, but I was curious about the exact differences (Lecrerc-Sainz) so I just checked

Bahrain: over 5 tenths
Imola: almost 4 tenths
Portimao: -2 tenths (Sainz outqualified Charles)
Montmelo: 1 tenth

To be sincere this surprised me, I was assuming there was more difference and Charles was still clearly ahead of Sainz
in qualifying, but 1-2 tenths, up or down, is not any significant difference so Carlos actually is on par with Charles.

To me this is impressive, I consider Lecrerc one of the best of current grid in that regard (or any other), so Sainz challenging Lecrerc in qualifying is impressive if you ask me

Jambier

I agree with you, I'm very surprised and happy with SAI level.
But at the end, he was also very good with McLaren alongside Norris, and not so bad in the past compare to Verstappen.

Solid driver, very good choice from Ferrari.

Now Ferrari finally got a very good drivers line up ! Let's bring this 2022 engine and succeed with 2022 rules, I think they can definitely be in the fight and win races next year.

JPower

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-respon ... -in-spain/

Looks like they eked a few more hp out of the PU in Spain in response to Mercedes.

Binotto seems pretty confident they are the 3rd fastest car right now.

Andres125sx

Jambier wrote:
11 May 2021, 11:52
I agree with you, I'm very surprised and happy with SAI level.
But at the end, he was also very good with McLaren alongside Norris, and not so bad in the past compare to Verstappen.

Solid driver, very good choice from Ferrari.

Now Ferrari finally got a very good drivers line up ! Let's bring this 2022 engine and succeed with 2022 rules, I think they can definitely be in the fight and win races next year.
Next season with such a rule change anything is possible, but with ground effect cars whatever happens will surely be more fun :D

Can´t wait for 2022!

wowgr8

JPower wrote:
11 May 2021, 16:33
https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-respon ... -in-spain/

Looks like they eked a few more hp out of the PU in Spain in response to Mercedes.

Binotto seems pretty confident they are the 3rd fastest car right now.
McLaren is a lot better at power sensitive tracks and Ferrari are better at chassis tracks (waiting to see whether this holds true at Monaco). I can't call either of the cars the 3rd best car they're almost perfectly even at the middle of the road tracks like Algarve and Imola, but that's what makes this battle so good

El Scorchio

I would LOVE IT if the Ferraris were right up there at Monaco. Proper cat amongst the pigeons.

aleks_ader

Who is pigeon? RB, Merc? Hard to say Ferrari lacks downforce. Even for Monaco dirty max aero will be hard to close the gap. Even Ferrari presumably has quite good low speed cornering and traction. Maybe drivers could gain confidence with soft tires more than opposition.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

El Scorchio

aleks_ader wrote:
12 May 2021, 16:33
Who is pigeon? RB, Merc? Hard to say Ferrari lacks downforce. Even for Monaco dirty max aero will be hard to close the gap. Even Ferrari presumably has quite good low speed cornering and traction. Maybe drivers could gain confidence with soft tires more than opposition.
Ferrari the cat, RBR and Merc the pigeons. It's a very British saying so might not make sense if it's not your first language!

godlameroso

Ferrari will certainly be best of the rest in Monaco, but Mercedes and Red Bull are just too strong in my opinion. No doubt Ferrari will be the closest they've ever been and my even luck into a podium. Also we can't count out young Norris, that McLaren typically goes well around Monaco because it takes a special setup.

I estimate ~1:11.3 for pole. Plus the chance for some unfamiliar faces on the podium.

There is no difference between the medium and soft tire, and the hard tire is the better race tire this time around. It will take a few laps to get up to temperature but the fact it can pull off a one stop makes it the better tire. The other two will require two stops.

Weather will be, well, beautiful really.

IDK what they did to these tires, but for some reason Assetto Corsa vanilla Ferrari 2017 F1 car is 4/4 predicting which tire will work the best in the races and how long they last. So far it's telling me the medium tire is going to suck, it'll start going off after 9-10 laps and be completely useless by lap 20, the soft will wear faster but have more grip the whole time, so will last just as long. Hammy the tire whisperer may be able to get 24 out of them. Hard tire starts getting tickled after lap 22, but will go as far as you want it to go. Which means around 50 laps. It'll be tough to do a one stopper again, but it's Monaco and track position is even MORE important. Of course if there's a gap or a VSC or some other free stop being offered, might as well take it just in case. Especially if you fancy aggressive driving near the guardrails.
Saishū kōnā

Mansell89

Really hope Ferrari can live with the Bulls but like you say, just got the feeling Red Bull have that extra step they can make- as much as I’d love to see the front two broken up by a chasing pack like Ferrari or McLaren.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
18 May 2021, 10:28
Not a bad guest to have!