2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
velizare

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ispano6 wrote:
11 May 2021, 15:38
godlameroso wrote:
11 May 2021, 14:54
dans79 wrote:
11 May 2021, 14:49

Do you think 10 teams decided not to use it for no reason whatsoever?
They didn't consider it, but they were wrong, and the only reason it wasn't used was out of fear. In the race tire wear was much higher than anticipated. Turn 10 demanded too much throttle on the exit and the right rear would slide. You could clearly see blistering on the rear right, all due to turn 10.

The hard tire would have dealt with the heat of turn 10 much better than the soft or medium and would have made the one stop work.

It worked for Hamilton in Bahrain. Despite what anyone says or thinks, I still think Verstappen can beat Hamilton. I don't care how many Hamilton fanbois down vote me for my opinion either. I don't care how many sock puppets they use, they have to live with their behavior not me.
I agree, hard tire is underestimated. High rake cars will put too much energy into softs and mediums, teams need to work to get those hard tires to come alive. Practice sessions are too short now for that though. Teams need to use one car for long run pace.
as if i red from horner something saying it was too cold to use the hardest compound, but i cannot the link. :(

Jambier

Mercedes Quick start improvement lol

But still Verstappen able to overtake him at starts!

Seriously, I’m finding 2021 RBR starts much much better now, it was clearly a weakness last year

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

mafeotul

Looks like Lewis’s comments on the flexi wings have generated enough stir as the FIA are now going to get involved. It’s either a clever move, or an evil one from the Mercs.

Just_a_fan

Looking at the onboards, the rear wing didn't appear to move that much and certainly not in a manner consistent with being a flexi-wing. I guess knocking the rear wing down by a degree or even two will have an effect on drag, but it didn't look to be a huge movement like we had back when there was a real flexi-wing debacle. If it passes the tests then it's ok.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

djones

When things are so close, it only takes a very small bit of flex to make an actual difference. If claims of circa 0.3 per lap are actually true, then it's pretty significant.

What's more of a worry for Redbull is they are at a stage now with updates going on the car like this, meanwhile Mercedes have put no real updates on the car (intentionally) to just work on setup. So it could be Redbull are throwing everything at it, losing 3/4 races and Mercedes have not even started ramping up yet. Given the previous history of Mercedes, I don't think it's a totally unrealistic theory.

MKlaus

Jambier wrote:
11 May 2021, 21:57

Seriously, I’m finding 2021 RBR starts much much better now, it was clearly a weakness last year
this is weird. why was she being so secretive about it?

El Scorchio

MKlaus wrote:
12 May 2021, 11:52
Jambier wrote:

It's probably a paracetamol or an imodium or something really mundane like that. They are well aware there is camera there recording everything, so they would be monumentally stupid to do anything even slightly shady right in front of it. And if it were of any significance at all, you can bet the other teams would have picked up on it and asked for clarification.

MKlaus

El Scorchio wrote:
12 May 2021, 12:39
MKlaus wrote:
Jambier wrote:

It's probably a paracetamol or an imodium or something really mundane like that. They are well aware there is camera there recording everything, so they would be monumentally stupid to do anything even slightly shady right in front of it. And if it were of any significance at all, you can bet the other teams would have picked up on it and asked for clarification.
why secrecy over handing over a paracetamol or any thing mundane? doesn't make sense. why take it right before the lights go. not sure if that happens every race or just a few odd incidents.

El Scorchio

MKlaus wrote:
12 May 2021, 13:22
El Scorchio wrote:
MKlaus wrote:
why secrecy over handing over a paracetamol or any thing mundane? doesn't make sense. why take it right before the lights go. not sure if that happens every race or just a few odd incidents.
It's not really that secret is it- seen as it's all clearly captured on camera. As I said, if it were anything significant whatsoever, you can guarantee the other teams would have been all over it by now and asked for clarification.

I reckon this is probably better off being discussed on the Mercedes thread rather than the Red Bull one anyway.

McMika98

mafeotul wrote:
12 May 2021, 10:41
Looks like Lewis’s comments on the flexi wings have generated enough stir as the FIA are now going to get involved. It’s either a clever move, or an evil one from the Mercs.

Its pretty clear there is a significant flexing of the rear element at low and high speed. Easily few tenths in this setup, Afraid this will now be banned with the new stipulation using the camera. Merc are going to dominate again if they have it their way.

dxpetrov

Unbelievable how a minor misspoke and wrong word usage ("bendy" vs "being bent / curved") by Lewis spinned all out of proportion! Can we please move on from all this nonsense that will soon be put to bed, as nothing but a BS, and concentrate on actuall racing instead.

zibby43

MKlaus wrote:
12 May 2021, 13:22
El Scorchio wrote:
MKlaus wrote:
You realize all the drivers are drug-tested, right? And it's regular, randomized testing.

Also, I wouldn't call handing someone something in front of a live feed camera "secret." :lol:

Anyway, as to the matter of the RW, I'm guessing RB is going to have to re-work all of their RW end plates to comply with the new deflection tests.

mafeotul

dxpetrov wrote:
12 May 2021, 19:46
Unbelievable how a minor misspoke and wrong word usage ("bendy" vs "being bent / curved") by Lewis spinned all out of proportion! Can we please move on from all this nonsense that will soon be put to bed, as nothing but a BS, and concentrate on actuall racing instead.
One pebble going down the mountain, can turn into a landslide.

dans79

dxpetrov wrote:
12 May 2021, 19:46
you might want to go read this!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29817
But on Tuesday, sources have revealed that the FIA has written to all teams and informed them that it is concerned teams are exploiting designs that pass the static tests but still flex at speed.

In the note, a copy of which has been seen by Motorsport.com, the FIA states that it is aware of designs that comply with the current tests but ‘nonetheless exhibit excessive deflections while the cars are in motion.”

It adds: “We believe that such deformations can have a significant influence on the car’s aerodynamic performance.”

In response to its concerns, the FIA has stated that it is to enact a clause in F1’s technical regulations that allows it to introduce new tests.
197 104 103 7