F1 Quiz Chain

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
User avatar
hUirEYExbN
4
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

hollus wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:35 pm
If it was in a particular race in 1976... which race? That will narrow down the guesses.
I also want this to end.

British GP.

User avatar
NathanOlder
164
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

hUirEYExbN wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:57 pm
hollus wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:35 pm
If it was in a particular race in 1976... which race? That will narrow down the guesses.
I also want this to end.

British GP.
Oooh, so maybe I was close with an earlier guess ?
is it something to do with Hunt in that race ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

User avatar
hUirEYExbN
4
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:48 pm
hUirEYExbN wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:57 pm
hollus wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:35 pm
If it was in a particular race in 1976... which race? That will narrow down the guesses.
I also want this to end.

British GP.
Oooh, so maybe I was close with an earlier guess ?
is it something to do with Hunt in that race ?
No. It doesn't relate to any of the championship contenders, driver or otherwise.

Note: From now on I will try and give a hint as to why a guess isn't correct.

User avatar
Herr_Koos
18
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

Wild one. The number of racing laps at the British GP was the same as the year (76).

Unlikely to be right, since Monaco '78 would repeat this occurrence (or maybe already occurred with 75 laps back in 1975).
Last edited by Herr_Koos on Wed May 12, 2021 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Herr_Koos
18
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

Next guess: The only GP thus far in history in which multiple female drivers entered, though i the end they didn't qualify for the race.

User avatar
hUirEYExbN
4
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

Herr_Koos wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:12 am
Next guess: The only GP thus far in history in which multiple female drivers entered, though i the end they didn't qualify for the race.
Oh thank you. This is the answer I was looking for.

I guess it is up to you to field the next one.

User avatar
NathanOlder
164
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

the 1976 British GP was the first 273rd race of F1, and also the last 273rd race of F1. It never happended before, and it will never happen again . 8) :lol:

I have no clue.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

User avatar
Herr_Koos
18
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

hUirEYExbN wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:42 am
Herr_Koos wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:12 am
Next guess: The only GP thus far in history in which multiple female drivers entered, though i the end they didn't qualify for the race.
Oh thank you. This is the answer I was looking for.

I guess it is up to you to field the next one.
Yay!! Will give it some thought.

The answer was pretty straightforward in the end. Knowing which race definitely helped.

User avatar
hUirEYExbN
4
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

Herr_Koos wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:30 am
hUirEYExbN wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:42 am
Herr_Koos wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:12 am
Next guess: The only GP thus far in history in which multiple female drivers entered, though i the end they didn't qualify for the race.
Oh thank you. This is the answer I was looking for.
I guess it is up to you to field the next one.
Yay!! Will give it some thought.
The answer was pretty straightforward in the end. Knowing which race definitely helped.
I'm surprised it took so long. It turned out that 1976 was quite a season for one offs and cool trivia. I learned many new things.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1
17
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:51 am
Location: Chesterfield, United Kingdom

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

It was an excellent question - I guess all of us here think we know it all already :D
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

User avatar
Herr_Koos
18
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

I'll follow up with a much easier one. What F1 record is held by the Arrows team to this day?

User avatar
BassVirolla
7
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

Most GPs without a single win? I don't know, but seems possible...

User avatar
NathanOlder
164
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

BassVirolla wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:55 pm
Most GPs without a single win? I don't know, but seems possible...
That's Minardi surely ?

Edit: having looked , you may be right.

Arrows entered 394 GP
Minardi entered 346 GP

Minardi have the record of Most GP without a Podium surely :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

User avatar
Herr_Koos
18
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

BassVirolla wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:55 pm
Most GPs without a single win? I don't know, but seems possible...
Spot on, first try! 382 races without a win in their various guises. Over to you.

User avatar
BassVirolla
7
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Post

An easy one:

The main peculiarity of the 1970 season was...