2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Balalu
Balalu

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

MrGapes wrote:
16 May 2021, 14:33
Balalu wrote:
16 May 2021, 14:23
16-5-21
WORLD PREMIERE

6 PM BST
1 PM ET
10 AM PT

(On a photo of half a face in a racing helmet which seems to be Lando).

* From the McLaren app.

Suggests some kind of film/series. With all the hype surrounding this (big partners, buying into Mercedes HPP etc.), I'm disappointed already....
I agree seems to be some sort of film series type of thing... to be fair if it was any thing like a partnership with another manufacture etc. that would of leaked

From McLaren's YouTube: "Bold is Back #Monaco GP"

Still confused 😅

Last edited by Balalu on 16 May 2021, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

Herr_Koos

The word premiere doesn't necessarily imply show / series. Besides, that wouldn't gel with all of the hints of this being a big step for the McLaren organisation.

Balalu
Balalu

Herr_Koos wrote:
16 May 2021, 14:43
The word premiere doesn't necessarily imply show / series. Besides, that wouldn't gel with all of the hints of this being a big step for the McLaren organisation.
You're right
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

All this for TOONED? :lol:
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Emag
Emag

Herr_Koos wrote:
Only one guy said it would be a big step for the McLaren organization. And if you look in the comments of that particular tweet, you would have noticed that people were calling him out for riding the hype train.

The journalists that were actually invited to the event simply said that it was something "seriously cool". And a new TV Show/Series can definitely be classified as "cool" even though it might sound disappointing to us after speculating over crazy different things.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

No VAG, no Mercedes works deal, no WEC.... 😭
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

McFAN
McFAN

Herr_Koos

Emag wrote:
16 May 2021, 15:09
Herr_Koos wrote:
Only one guy said it would be a big step for the McLaren organization. And if you look in the comments of that particular tweet, you would have noticed that people were calling him out for riding the hype train.

The journalists that were actually invited to the event simply said that it was something "seriously cool". And a new TV Show/Series can definitely be classified as "cool" even though it might sound disappointing to us after speculating over crazy different things.
Fair point. Too late to put the hype back in the bottle though.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Some have been speculating that it could be a one off special Monaco GP livery? It can’t be the famous Red and White , which is tied to Marlboro/ Philip Morris. Gulf livery? But then again what’s the implication for the McLaren group as a whole? I just hope it’s something worthwhile.

McFAN
McFAN

Emag wrote:
16 May 2021, 15:09
Herr_Koos wrote:

You might be right
but to me "bold is back" does imply a return of some sort, would a film/tv series tally with that ? (Except if it's Tooned of course 😋)

mwillems

Ground Effect wrote:
16 May 2021, 15:11
No VAG, no Mercedes works deal, no WEC.... 😭
Or a VAG deal with Skoda fronting the group.

The premiere could just be a cool video of the announcement, with lots of awesome editing around the subject showcasing whatever it is they are announcing.

Think Top Gear doing a Mclaren announcement on WEC with Jenson Button and Jaun Pablo Montoya coming back on board! A cool video makes more sense than stuffing a load of Covid laden folks into the conference room.

If they are doing an awesome promo then I feel it is at least a new title sponsor and possibly a new livery, but I'm still optimistic they are announcing a big tie up.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Lando's Team Quadrant has also retweeted the invite, which is intriguing because it has nothing to do with McLaren outside of the Lando connection

Edit: the #monacogp tag clearly shows that it's a temporary promotion and nothing long term transformative like a big investment. Disappointing

Tinfoiler
Tinfoiler

Scoop.. ??

Mclaren International to announce the return of 7 time world champion Lewis Hamilton.

Mclaren CEO Zack Brown welcomed the return of Hamilton, stating it would be brilliant way to bookend his impressive career with another 2 world championship with Mclaren, where his career started.
Hamilton is rumoured to have become a shareholder in company, and has ambitions of becoming Team principle.
When asked about this possibility Brown responded,” no comment”.
But added in addition to Lewis's contribution as a driver he will be helping us design a road car. " Its going to be called the McLaren GOAT ,it will be very beautiful and very fast, like the Senna, but more woke" :wink:
Last edited by Tinfoiler on 16 May 2021, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

McG

Still hoping for the best... Don't McLaren usually use that type of language for big things? What was it they used for starting using Honda engines again and using an orange livery?
F1 is dead.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

McG wrote:Still hoping for the best... Don't McLaren usually use that type of language for big things? What was it they used for starting using Honda engines again and using an orange livery?
Well, completely different Marketing teams though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk