2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Ground Effect wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 16:24
mwillems wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 16:21
Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 16:19
Leclerc changed directions two times. We were so close.
On this, you have a point, he did. But its a warning at best as he did it once.

Smart racing and I'd expect a mclaren driver to be just as smart if the roles were reversed.
I’d expect a McLaren driver to have gotten penalised, to be honest.
Perhaps, but I don't think that's fair for first offence, no matter how cynica, the FIA are no longer quite so harsh and prefer exciting hard racing with elbows.

Thats my preference too but thats just my opinion.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sanchit f1fan
Sanchit f1fan

Well Honestly Seeing How Vettel Has Been Able to get the Grasp of the Aston Martin I would be happier with Vettel in McLaren then Riccardo ATM and I wouldn't be Surprised if Mercedes didn't take Russell , McLaren Would Definitely Look At Him

BosF1
BosF1

Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 16:26
The move he did was dangerous. Norris was on the left and he started moving to the left to cover then Norris switched to the right and I think he would have passed him from the inside had Leclerc not almost sent him to the wall.
Get over it. I'm pretty sure Norris/Ricciardo would have done the same in that situation, if they would be under attack from LeClerc. And I'm even more sure that you wouldn't call it dangerous in that case ;)

proteus

Vettel managed to collect more points than Ricciardo in two succesive races...Ricciardo is becoming an enormous dissapoitment. Everyone seeking for excuses for him and saying its only sixth race...what will be said when there will be 18 races gone and he still wont find pace? Better try next year? Hopefully he manages better at classic venues. For the sake of the team standing in the constructors.
Last edited by proteus on 06 Jun 2021, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

MrGapes

Can we appreciate Lando has 66 points! he's about 30 off what he got in a full season last season

Darth-Piekus

It's hard to get over that move when Vettel was punished for a similar move when he was in Ferrari against the Red Bull of Verstappen some years back in Monza. In any case we will have a chance to get back that P3 as long as Ricciardo ups his game. On another note bravo to Lando so far.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

MrGapes wrote:Can we appreciate Lando has 66 points! he's about 30 off what he got in a full season last season
He is doing a great job carrying the team during this first quarter of a season!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 16:36
It's hard to get over that move when Vettel was punished for a similar move when he was in Ferrari against the Red Bull of Verstappen some years back in Monza. In any case we will have a chance to get back that P3 as long as Ricciardo ups his game. On another note bravo to Lando so far.
Some years back yeah, but liberty came in and everything changed.

Its the same for everyone though

Darth-Piekus

I think that was done back in 2018 or 2019.

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 16:40
MrGapes wrote:Can we appreciate Lando has 66 points! he's about 30 off what he got in a full season last season
He is doing a great job carrying the team during this first quarter of a season!

He is, and what's great is he is doing that despite his mistakes and his less experience than many on the grid, so there is plenty of room for improvement too (Some of it low hanging fruit), so still a positive upward trajectory for him I hope.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 16:40

He is, and what's great is he is doing that despite his mistakes and his less experience than many on the grid, so there is plenty of room for improvement too (Some of it low hanging fruit), so still a positive upward trajectory for him I hope.
Agreed... I was actually thinking about his first season with the team... Considering how much hype Yuki for example had before the season started, how many mistakes the 3 rookies have made this season so far, in comparison Lando’s first season was very strong... At this point I believe most agree that Carlos may have been underrated and for Lando to be there with him, sometimes even with an edge in a few races over Carlos also shows how strong his first season was and how well he drove last season too.

Experience and maturity only come with time, I’m sure he will keep developing... There will be good races, great races and maybe some bad ones... If the balance is a positive one by the time the season ends... That will be fantastic.

I also believe that Daniel is looking to be struggling more than he actually is... Yes, he is behind what is expected, but Lando maybe getting the most out of a car that is probably trickier to drive than what the results seem to indicate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving Chicane

Fulcrum wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 12:55
SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 22:11
Interesting and unexpected... McLaren was the slowest on the Speed Trap... Maybe more downforce for better race pace / tire deg?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202106 ... eeb2ac.jpg

Juki Cunoda? Is that a new Finnish/Estonian driver...
In my country (Slovenia) its like this: If a name is written with latin letters then the name retains its original form. If you translate something from other alphabets (chinese, thai, etc.) then you use the latin letters which copy the pronunciation. In this case I think the table was made in some slavic country because we use the same spelling.
“This paper will no doubt be found interesting by those who take an interest in it.”
John Dalton

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Only 2 points behind Ferrari after a sub-optimal weekend...

genarro
genarro

Moving Chicane wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 18:02
Fulcrum wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 12:55
SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 22:11
Interesting and unexpected... McLaren was the slowest on the Speed Trap... Maybe more downforce for better race pace / tire deg?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202106 ... eeb2ac.jpg

Juki Cunoda? Is that a new Finnish/Estonian driver...
In my country (Slovenia) its like this: If a name is written with latin letters then the name retains its original form. If you translate something from other alphabets (chinese, thai, etc.) then you use the latin letters which copy the pronunciation. In this case I think the table was made in some slavic country because we use the same spelling.
Lepo je vidit, da nas je več ljubiteljev McLarna na tem forumu.

Just want to say that todays race was so so strange. 49 laps of utter garbage in my opinion. No overtakes and we were on par with basicaly everyone on race pace but didnt have the track position.. For Baku it was a very dissapointing race.

However we are still in the fight for 3rd so everithing is cool..

CjC
CjC

Well so much for the papaya rocket..... :roll:

I’m not going to comment on Daniel.... He was poor and I’m sure he knows it.

The messy Quali hampered Lando, even if he managed to start P6 with just his used tyre run he would have had a high chance of finishing on the podium, but he got a penalty and had a bad start so he got the best he could in the end, laptime wise he looked in the same ball park as Vettel and Gasly et al just the constant F1 struggle for overtaking (again) hampered his chances to finish higher up.

I think Ferrari will once again out qualify Mclaren in France but they’ll be in the fight during the race then it’s onto Austria were I’m very interested to see how Mclaren perform however Ferrari and Leclerc themselves where very quick in ‘19.....
Just a fan's point of view