F1 Quiz Chain

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
BassVirolla

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

I'm the only one who is seriously disorientated with this one? :lol:

Still thinking and researching...

NathanOlder

I may have to give the answer before sunday, as this 'something' we are currently on course to see for the first time since 1977 may well happen this weekend or any race for that matter and then would make the question kind of pointless :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

CMSMJ1

Did this 'something' happen any other times before 1977 or was that the first time and only this year, we might see a repeat?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

NathanOlder

CMSMJ1 wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 10:16
Did this 'something' happen any other times before 1977 or was that the first time and only this year, we might see a repeat?
I will have to check, but I would say it probably did happen before. It's just the last time it happened was 1977
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Augustus

Lol I didn't even check that.

Fulcrum

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 09:11
I may have to give the answer before sunday, as this 'something' we are currently on course to see for the first time since 1977 may well happen this weekend or any race for that matter and then would make the question kind of pointless :lol:
If we're "currently on course" does that imply a sequence of things have already taken place to enable the event happening in the near future? E.g. you need 5 poles in a row in order to see a 6th.

To put it another way, is it something that spans multiple events, or is it associated with a single race?

NathanOlder

Fulcrum wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 15:12
NathanOlder wrote:
If we're "currently on course" does that imply a sequence of things have already taken place to enable the event happening in the near future? E.g. you need 5 poles in a row in order to see a 6th.

To put it another way, is it something that spans multiple events, or is it associated with a single race?
no, it can happen in any one event of the season. So it could happen on sunday and then it will be another year it hasn't happened since 1977
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

CMSMJ1

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 16:07
Fulcrum wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 15:12
NathanOlder wrote:

no, it can happen in any one event of the season. So it could happen on sunday and then it will be another year it hasn't happened since 1977
So, we're looking for something that hasn't happened since 1977 - and if the same thing doesn't happen on Sunday, then it has to be another year til it can happen again?

However, you also stated- it can happen in any one event of the season (or not happen?)

SO, if it doesn't happen this weekend, can it happen again this year, or not?

(note: I think I wrote that down as I intended to mean it - but you know how it goes!)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Fulcrum

If it could happen in any event, what distinguishes this year as particularly likely to replicate the event of 1977?

I don't understand your reference to "currently on course", as it implies we're arbitrarily closer than normal to achieving the "thing of interest". Yet, the fact it depends on only one event suggests it is actually no more likely than it has ever been.

NathanOlder

Fulcrum wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 18:06
If it could happen in any event, what distinguishes this year as particularly likely to replicate the event of 1977?

I don't understand your reference to "currently on course", as it implies we're arbitrarily closer than normal to achieving the "thing of interest". Yet, the fact it depends on only one event suggests it is actually no more likely than it has ever been.
We are currently on course as we have had 6 races and it hasn't happened yet. But in all honesty, I expect it to happen soon enough.
The question has no relevance to any particular event.

I just noticed it hasn't happened this year (yet) and wondered when the last time was we went a whole season where it didn't happen and 1977 was the last time.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

CMSMJ1

I'm lost. I hope this is a belter!
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

BassVirolla

CMSMJ1 wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 23:52
I'm lost. I hope this is a belter!
Me too. By some time I've think that it had to do with the winner not starting from pole, but there were a few in 1977. Casually, one in Spain (as in 2021), and one in France (to be seen).

But also in Britain 1977. I had left it there.

Fulcrum

NathanOlder wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 20:46
Fulcrum wrote:

We are currently on course as we have had 6 races and it hasn't happened yet. But in all honesty, I expect it to happen soon enough.

I just noticed it hasn't happened this year (yet) and wondered when the last time was we went a whole season where it didn't happen and 1977 was the last time.
Okay, so the key is, something hasn't happened yet in 2021, and the last time an entire year elapsed without this happening was 1977?

I was going to say a lights-to-flag victory, but Mario Andretti did that in Spain 1977.

NathanOlder

Fulcrum wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 05:42
NathanOlder wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 20:46
Fulcrum wrote:

Okay, so the key is, something hasn't happened yet in 2021, and the last time an entire year elapsed without this happening was 1977?

This is correct.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

SiLo

I have no idea but I'm very interested to see the answer.
Felipe Baby!