2021 French Grand Prix - Le Castellet, June 18 - 20

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2021 French Grand Prix - Le Castellet, June 18 - 20

Wouter wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:03
=D> =D> =D>

Not sure what Max is trying to do there. I guess he's sitting on the throne as king, but it also looks like he's sat on the toilet...

Perhaps a new celebration is required Max. You're going to be doing it a lot so make it a good one. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

nevill3

This reminds of the season with Vettel pushing Lewis until he binned it in the German GP. Max and RedBull will need to keep up the concentration levels for the rest of the season to guarantee the WCC and WDC. Lewis will keep up the pressure and if Mercedes manage to not shoot themselves in the foot as often then things could go down to the last race.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

PlatinumZealot

Max very lucky to escape without a penalty today. And very lucky Mercedes messed up their stops because driving wise I would say both Mercedes drivers did better. Cracks definitely showing in his arsenal too. He burnt out his tryes more. Championship is still on if Lewis can get a clean shot without Mercbtrippingnover themselves.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

JordanMugen

zibby43 wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 16:39
Merc had the faster race car and they just threw it away on strategy.

Simple as that.
I am not sure there was that much difference. The Mercedes were falling behind Verstappen before Verstappen pitted. :)

Artur Craft

Hoffman900 wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:01
It’s not though. Unless you’re in every team meeting, across all those disciplines, i’m not sure how you can qualify that, anymore than just an opinion.

Eventhough it´s on Michelin´s official channel, look how genuine both sound when they say:
Magnussen : "We have no degradation here"
Grosjean : "Well, it´s Michelin. It´s no surprise" , after twisting his shoulders

This was probably the bluntest bash I saw drivers do in a few years.

Redragon

PlatinumZealot wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:09
Max very lucky to escape without a penalty today. And very lucky Mercedes messed up their stops because driving wise I would say both Mercedes drivers did better. Cracks definitely showing in his arsenal too. He burnt out his tryes more. Championship is still on if Lewis can get a clean shot without Mercbtrippingnover themselves.
Mess up the strategy of the pit stops, i am guessing you refer to. Because both pit stops from Mercedes were faster than redbull at least Hamilton which was o.200 faster than verstapen but still Verstapen undercut Hamilton with his great outlap on the first pit stop

ringo

Are mercedes planning to bring any updates?

Redbull are so much better they can take wing off the car to be faster on the straight, faster in the corners (just with a little understeer) and still have good tyre deg.
The w12 is good only in 2 second stint on the harder compound. That is just 1/2 or 1/3 of the race. That is not enough. They cannot be depending on Hamilton to overtake max on the track or defend for dear life; while having slower pitstops and poor strategy.

For this race.. Ferrari doing poorly on race pace. Mclaren doing a great job of securing the 3rd place. Torro Rosso could have been. 3rd with Kyvaat in the other seat or albon.
For Sure!!

Redragon

ringo wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:14
Are mercedes planning to bring any updates?

Redbull are so much better they can take wing off the car to be faster on the straight, faster in the corners (just with a little understeer) and still have good tyre deg.
The w12 is good only in 2 second stint on the harder compound. That is just 1/2 or 1/3 of the race. That is not enough. They cannot be depending on Hamilton to overtake max on the track or defend for dear life; while having slower pitstops and poor strategy.

For this race.. Ferrari doing poorly on race pace. Mclaren doing a great job of securing the 3rd place. Torro Rosso could have been. 3rd with Kyvaat in the other seat or albon.
I wouldn't be surprise to see Kyvaat back after summer brake. If Tsunoda doesn't improve and keep crashing on Q day

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Artur Craft wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:12
Hoffman900 wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:01
It’s not though. Unless you’re in every team meeting, across all those disciplines, i’m not sure how you can qualify that, anymore than just an opinion.

Eventhough it´s on Michelin´s official channel, look how genuine both sound when they say:
Magnussen : "We have no degradation here"
Grosjean : "Well, it´s Michelin. It´s no surprise" , after twisting his shoulders

This was probably the bluntest bash I saw drivers do in a few years.
You must have missed how that race played out with some drivers complaining how O’Ward got his tires to light up, while others didn’t, and Newgarden’s tires degraded terribly.

Michelin is also French, Romain is French... I’ve never met a French person who isn’t proud of their own. ;)

It happens on every level, across all the brands.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 20 Jun 2021, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Artur Craft

Just_a_fan wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:05
I guess it suits people to up the drama and claim that Red Bull / Max have pulled something out of thin air. But the reality is that the Red Bull was marginally the quicker car around this track.
Maybe you believe this narrative because you support LH, as the race pace of Mercedes was very notably quicker and even on QLF, Max was on pole simply because he´s very likely faster than the other 2

PlatinumZealot

Redragon wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:13
PlatinumZealot wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:09
Mess up the strategy of the pit stops, i am guessing you refer to. Because both pit stops from Mercedes were faster than redbull at least Hamilton which was o.200 faster than verstapen but still Verstapen undercut Hamilton with his great outlap on the first pit stop
Hamilton's faster pit-stop time was irrelevant at that point.
1) Mercedes are crap on tyre warm-up. Valterri could barely undercut Max, and to make things worse,
2) Max had the power of undercut on Lewis.

So basically a double-whammy. They screwed up.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

TimW
TimW

Just_a_fan wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:07
Wouter wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 17:03
=D> =D> =D>

Not sure what Max is trying to do there. I guess he's sitting on the throne as king, but it also looks like he's sat on the toilet...

Perhaps a new celebration is required Max. You're going to be doing it a lot so make it a good one. :lol:
Guess he copied this

bauc

Great race by both VER and HAM, this will be a tight title fight till the last race.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

ispano6

Sieper wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 16:21
matt_b wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 16:18
Well well well Lewis P2 and Bottas P3, Max in big trouble tomorrow with two cars who are faster on the mediums behind him and given that Red Bull cant cheat with their tyre pressure tactics I expect Mercedes to have the superior race pace.
Ahh, Matt b, the man who called it halfway passed FP1. Mercedes would crush redbull as it should be.
Immediately thought of this when we won. Looks like RedBull can win fair and square, a double podium and extended the lead in both championships. Well earned and deserved.

sosic2121
sosic2121

Just_a_fan wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 16:20
El Scorchio wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 16:19
I make Bottas’ anger completely justified here. They should have got him in after Verstappen.
Agreed. Mercedes do do some weird things in the strategy calls.
But then they would move him out of max's way