2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RZS10

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 16:37
That last paragraph is a literal pile of bullshit. It's incredible. :lol: =D>
To be perfectly honest the entire "initiative" is just a bunch of empty words and a cheap excuse to run non-tobacco tobacco branding on the car and it would be very very hard to find anyone who could explain what it is supposed to be about anyways and the twitter account is just some preudo motivational nonsense and a bunch of polls where almost every answer is "change" ... :lol:

wowgr8

JPower wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 16:39
The car looked OK out there. The long runs seemed to be good. The midfield is a crapshoot so who knows how qualifying will turn out.
I'm hoping they keep our F1.5 pole record intact, highest qualifying midfield car at every race so far

wowgr8

I'm a bit worried about Sainz. He started the season well but he's just plateaued, he doesn't seem to be making any big progress. He outqualified Charles in Portugal but he hasn't qualified right behind Charles at any race so far, he also hasn't finished right behind Charles at any race bar Imola and it's costing us points vs McLaren. He's been solid so far but from this weekend I want to see more speed and less errors

JPower

wowgr8 wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 22:09
I'm a bit worried about Sainz. He started the season well but he's just plateaued, he doesn't seem to be making any big progress. He outqualified Charles in Portugal but he hasn't qualified right behind Charles at any race so far, he also hasn't finished right behind Charles at any race bar Imola and it's costing us points vs McLaren. He's been solid so far but from this weekend I want to see more speed and less errors
The only thing that has severely cost Ferrari points vs McLaren is Charles’ DNS in Monaco.

Sainz has finished ahead of Ricciardo in 3 out of 6 races, and had Ferrari not messed up the strategy at Portgual, it would be 4 of 6. Leclerc has been ahead of Lando in 3 out of 6 as well.

In qualifying, both Monaco and Baku were cut short. No clue what could’ve happened had they not been. I wouldn’t put on that Sainz. Since Portgual, I think he’s been closer than any other new driver outside of maybe Vettel(who is not going against a Leclerc-level talent).

Think about it, we’re seeing Perez and Ricciardo qualify a half second to a second back of Norris/Verstappen. It would be understandable to do that vs Leclerc but he’s been reasonably close.

Seems to me like he’s doing what’s expected of him at the moment ie get points, finish races, and help keep the team in good standing.

JPBD1990

JPower wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 22:40
wowgr8 wrote:
The only thing that has severely cost Ferrari points vs McLaren is Charles’ DNS in Monaco.

Sainz has finished ahead of Ricciardo in 3 out of 6 races, and had Ferrari not messed up the strategy at Portgual, it would be 4 of 6. Leclerc has been ahead of Lando in 3 out of 6 as well.

In qualifying, both Monaco and Baku were cut short. No clue what could’ve happened had they not been. I wouldn’t put on that Sainz. Since Portgual, I think he’s been closer than any other new driver outside of maybe Vettel(who is not going against a Leclerc-level talent).

Think about it, we’re seeing Perez and Ricciardo qualify a half second to a second back of Norris/Verstappen. It would be understandable to do that vs Leclerc but he’s been reasonably close.

Seems to me like he’s doing what’s expected of him at the moment ie get points, finish races, and help keep the team in good standing.
This!

This is similar to what Bottas was saying yesterday. People have very short memories as to why the points, or certain qualifying positions, ended up as they did. Sainz is doing great IMO.

JPower

Interesting results in FP3. Looks like Charles has some setup work to do. Carlos was flying on his push laps, even his last one would’ve put him 7th.

Let’s hope he carries that speed into Q3.

JPBD1990

wowgr8 wrote:
This aged poorly

JPower

Pretty decent performance from both drivers. Carlos is a race away from finally putting a good weekend together. He seemed to have the pace all day.

As far as the car itself, I think we can safely say its the 3rd quickest car on a one lap even at tracks not particularly suited to its strengths. Ferrari has outqualified McLaren at all 7 races thus far. However, we’ll see how they are able to manage the tires tomorrow. I think it will be hard to keep Gasly behind.

LM10

Really good qualifying from Sainz. Leclerc has struggled with balance all weekend. Also today he was not happy with the front. Should have been a 5-6 for Ferrari overall.

Nonetheless, happy with the results. I would have expected McLaren to be faster with one car at least, but both Ferraris are in front of both McLarens.

tpe
tpe

JPower wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 16:45
Pretty decent performance from both drivers. Carlos is a race away from finally putting a good weekend together. He seemed to have the pace all day.

As far as the car itself, I think we can safely say its the 3rd quickest car on a one lap even at tracks not particularly suited to its strengths. Ferrari has outqualified McLaren at all 7 races thus far. However, we’ll see how they are able to manage the tires tomorrow. I think it will be hard to keep Gasly behind.
Actually I am a bit confident because I saw a graph during the FP2 where CL with hards was very close to RB/Merc.
Let's see

Juzh

sainz's q3 lap (open in yt)

JPower

McLaren’s race pace is too much for Ferrari today.

Leclerc struggling.

JPower

Disastrous. This is midseason 2020-levels of bad.

Never change Ferrari. Most stomach wreching rollercoaster on Earth. :lol:

JPBD1990

That was rooouuuuggghhhh
SACK EM ALLLLL
(Jk)

tpe
tpe

This race highlighted the issues with tyre management.
I count it as a strategy mistake.

IMHO they should try a 2 stop strategy.