2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pyrone89

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Because, under the chassis homologation rules, I think it is a lot harder to improve the car then to fix strategy operations. Thats why.

Remember the opponent have gotten 7 straight double world titles
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

etusch

Pyrone89 wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 20:32
Because, under the chassis homologation rules, I think it is a lot harder to improve the car then to fix strategy operations. Thats why.

7 free title and when they have to involve a real fight, we saw what are they made from...
Is it harder to improve then it is redbull's job. I've said that they are good at inseason development. It is not building car from scratch. Their car is basically good and need to improve small things to bring that last tenths. This Redbull car is also basically last years car but without it's issues. As you can see when they use tires better they are faster than mercedes. I think redbull car don't have aero problem but I can not say same for Mercedes. ( of course this is not so meaningfull because I am not expert of aero. Just my opinion based on new aero rules )

Wouter

Pyrone89 wrote:

Did you see how they improved the RB16B during the last races? They can improve a lot of things and they will keep improving the car.
Mercedes got 7 times WC, but this year Max was 2-1-2-2-1-1-1 when he didn't had the DNF because of the tire in Baku.
So everything can happen. Perez is getting better and better. Lets wait and see.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Pyrone89

etusch wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 20:42
Pyrone89 wrote:

7 free title and when they have to involve a real fight, we saw what are they made from...
Is it harder to improve then it is redbull's job. I've said that they are good at inseason development. It is not building car from scratch. Their car is basically good and need to improve small things to bring that last tenths. This Redbull car is also basically last years car but without it's issues. As you can see when they use tires better they are faster than mercedes. I think redbull car don't have aero problem but I can not say same for Mercedes. ( of course this is not so meaningfull because I am not expert of aero. Just my opinion based on new aero rules )
True, basically the outspend and outlobbied everyone since the first V6 Hybrid discussions.

But I think they are still carrying some of that advantage build up over those years in their current engine and chassis.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Sieper

They do. It isn’t like redbull isn’t spending. They are also up there based on spending. But certainly not as much and that engine bill is still out of the equation. The fact that they had a head start and all those stupid token rules, and the fact they were allowed oil burn. All very clearly speaks to Mercedes wanting (understandably) a ROI. I think that had an impact on decision making, indirectly. But clearly.

wowgr8

@Juzh
juzh wrote: we know (or at least think we know) Honda could use more power from this weekend onwards, was that obvious from the difference in the modes this weekend? I don't know what Red Bull's wording for the ICE mode is but did they go from using "strat 6" in qualifying and the race to using "strat 5" for example?

Alexf1

wowgr8 wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 11:30
@Juzh
juzh wrote: we know (or at least think we know) Honda could use more power from this weekend onwards, was that obvious from the difference in the modes this weekend? I don't know what Red Bull's wording for the ICE mode is but did they go from using "strat 6" in qualifying and the race to using "strat 5" for example?
On lap 22 of the race a radio message was broadcasted where Max was told about gap to HAM and mode 7. HAM was in DRS so I guess mode 7 is a more agressive ERS setting than mode 6?

Sieper

It certainly made Max more aggresive 🤣

In fact Robert Doornbos said he would try to find out, but I haven’t been able to watch “crashing in the kitchen” (which also is chit chat) but does someone know if he got any answers about that?

Alexf1

Alexf1 wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 11:55
wowgr8 wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 11:30
@Juzh
ICE I don't know. But on lap 22 of the race a radio message was broadcasted where Max was told about gap to HAM and mode 7. HAM was in DRS so I guess mode 7 is a more agressive ERS setting than mode 6?

seense

Just came across this video. Don't know how accurate it is but the original crash looks pretty well recreated.

e30ernest

Gosh that is horrible if it happened that way.

NL_Fer

I suspect Redbull has perfected something they were working on these last 2 years. Some clever way’s to guide more airflow to the rear wing. They ran a small rearwing in Frances but they weren’t far behind in downforce. May this technology was not mature in the past and caused Gasly and Albon’s struggles with they unstable rear.

nzjrs

Jesus that crash to the other side simulation was scary. So lucky that didn't happen.

Sieper

There are many more spots on many circuits that you’d better not have an exploding tire. I think we might indeed still be underestimating how dangerous that really is.