2022 Aero Thread

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
nzjrs

Re: 2022 Aero Thread

jjn9128 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:50 am
Herr_Koos wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:18 am
Where is this and who built it?
I've been trying to work that out myself. In the associated article (in Italian) it says it was created for FOM to show what the cars will look like. But the front wheel arch winglets are wrong/different and it doesn't look like it has the rear deflectors to keep the rear tyre squirt out of the diffuser. Unless those parts were too thin?!
There is a Hype energy drink fridge in the back, and Hype energy sponsored force India since 2015 (according to Wikipedia)

Herr_Koos

nzjrs wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:47 am
jjn9128 wrote:
Herr_Koos wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:18 am

Where is this and who built it?
I've been trying to work that out myself. In the associated article (in Italian) it says it was created for FOM to show what the cars will look like. But the front wheel arch winglets are wrong/different and it doesn't look like it has the rear deflectors to keep the rear tyre squirt out of the diffuser. Unless those parts were too thin?!
There is a Hype energy drink fridge in the back, and Hype energy sponsored force India since 2015 (according to Wikipedia)
Okay... How does that relate to the car?

nzjrs

Herr_Koos wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:15 pm
nzjrs wrote:
jjn9128 wrote:

I mean FOM either built the car themselves or subcontracted someone to do it. This might be some evidence of who they subcontracted it (the team or facilities formally known as force India)

Given that information, forum insiders, if they exist, could ask around Milton Keynes.

Stu

El Scorchio wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:32 am
From the front view, the front wing looks like an old fashioned strongman's moustache.

https://i2.wp.com/www.oldtimestrongman. ... =840&ssl=1

Actually the whole car looks a bit tacky from the front view. The rear wing especially. Not keen.
I really dislike the shear size of the front wing, many more sq cm more than current ones (which are far too big anyway!!!).

In my opinion….
Common sense is not as common as stupidity, but it is better to be uninformed than to be mis-informed...

El Scorchio

Stu wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:44 pm
El Scorchio wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:32 am
From the front view, the front wing looks like an old fashioned strongman's moustache.

https://i2.wp.com/www.oldtimestrongman. ... =840&ssl=1

Actually the whole car looks a bit tacky from the front view. The rear wing especially. Not keen.
I really dislike the shear size of the front wing, many more sq cm more than current ones (which are far too big anyway!!!).

In my opinion….
Totally agree.

Herr_Koos

nzjrs wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:39 pm
Herr_Koos wrote:
nzjrs wrote:

I mean FOM either built the car themselves or subcontracted someone to do it. This might be some evidence of who they subcontracted it (the team or facilities formally known as force India)

Given that information, forum insiders, if they exist, could ask around Milton Keynes.
As per link on previous page, it was apparently built by a company called the Memento Group.

https://www.themementogroup.com/

They are apparently licensed by Liberty Media to build all sorts of F1 memorabilia, including replica cars.

nzjrs

Herr_Koos wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:52 pm
nzjrs wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:39 pm
Herr_Koos wrote:

As per link on previous page, it was apparently built by a company called the Memento Group.

https://www.themementogroup.com/

They are apparently licensed by Liberty Media to build all sorts of F1 memorabilia, including replica cars.
Oh nice, thanks. I didn't see that link!

AMG.Tzan

The whole car looks nice...modern classic let's say!

But...who the hell thought that this loooooong nose would look nice?? It's way too long and it destroys the car's proportions! Hopefully teams will have the option of making it shorter...otherwise I see F1 looking for a redesign in 2 years time... :oops:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

jjn9128

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:36 pm

But...who the hell thought that this loooooong nose would look nice?? It's way too long and it destroys the car's proportions! Hopefully teams will have the option of making it shorter...otherwise I see F1 looking for a redesign in 2 years time... :oops:
Not really. These 2 geometric surfaces have to be hidden when in plan view.

I think I've posted this here before to highlight the difference in the front overhang:
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

mclaren111

I Really Hate that Front Wing... :x :( :x

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

AMG.Tzan wrote:

Perhaps the long nose is a result of the aero concept the FIA put together. If so, it's a case of form following function. If the long nose gives good racing then most people will not even notice the nose.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

djos

Just_a_fan wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:02 pm
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Perhaps the long nose is a result of the aero concept the FIA put together. If so, it's a case of form following function. If the long nose gives good racing then most people will not even notice the nose.
I'd have loved to see much shorter cars with the same width, that said, I like the look of the new car. It looks great to me and I cant wait to see the variations introduced by the teams and in their liveries.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.

Singabule
Singabule

That front wing look terrible. It remind me of snow plough, only competible for tractor or locomotive. The side pods, how on the earth they need that big sidepod radiator hole? Unless they use F1 car to do rally or drifting

rileykirn
rileykirn

https://www.themementogroup.com/car-builds

The return of the front pull-rod???

djos

rileykirn wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 pm
https://www.themementogroup.com/car-builds

The return of the front pull-rod???
I can't imagine too many teams will take that route, iirc they don't work as well at the front of the car due to the geometries involved and the teams also prefer getting any item they can as high as possible so as to not disturb the airflow to the floor and side-pods.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.