Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ralphster7

Re: Moving F1-Staff

Luca Furbatto Alfa Romeo Chief Designer, now Aston Martin Engineering Director.
Not too sure who the replacement will be for Alfa, also looks as though Furbatto is still working at Alfa and will join Aston Martin next season.

ScottR267

Surprised not seen more movements of engineers between the teams one because of the budget cap for the bigger teams, but also with the rules for 2022 with teams wanting to get their teams finalised and set ready to attack the new rules.

diffuser

ScottR267 wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 00:19
Surprised not seen more movements of engineers between the teams one because of the budget cap for the bigger teams, but also with the rules for 2022 with teams wanting to get their teams finalised and set ready to attack the new rules.
Little late to get people ready for 2022.

diffuser

ScottR267 wrote:

ScottR267

diffuser wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 01:38
ScottR267 wrote:
True if they hire them now, however if they’ve already been signed, it’s been kept very quiet and to date.

diffuser

ScottR267 wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 09:47
diffuser wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 01:38
ScottR267 wrote:
True if they hire them now, however if they’ve already been signed, it’s been kept very quiet and to date.
Gardening wouldn't apply?

ralphster7

I wonder who the new Technical Director of Aston will be?
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... yB18V.html

It's Dan Fallows.
Last edited by ralphster7 on 25 Jun 2021, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

ralphster7

Another move that has gone slightly under the radar is that long term Mercedes Head of Systems Engineering, Greg Rapson has left the team. He may be retiring as he looks to be in late 50's early 60's.

ScottR267

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2021/06 ... us-strade/

According to Joe as award Doug McKiernan has left Williams

ralphster7

Nicolas Hennel de Beaupreau Chief Aerodynamcist at Sauber has left. He has been replaced by Frank Sanchez who was the Head of Aerodynamic development at Alpha Tauri
Kevin Taylor, Head of Engineering Efficiency at Mercedes has retired. He was the former head of composite design from 2010-2018.
Adam Kenyon Aerodynamic Group Leader at Mercedes has moved to Williams to become Head of Aerodynamic Science
Richard Frith Head of Vehicle Performance Application at McLaren has moved to Mercedes Formula E Team to become Head of Vehicle Dynamics.
Tim Springett Principal Engineer at McLaren has left to join KW Special Projects
Adil Kazmi Team Leader Trackside Aerodynamics has left Williams to join Mercedes as Principal Aerodynamicist.
Alan Reid Build Quality Engineer at Mercedes who has been with the team for 15+ years has left to join Isreali company REE
Last edited by ralphster7 on 07 Jul 2021, 18:31, edited 2 times in total.

ralphster7

Andreas Ruhrmann Principal Aerodynamicist at McLaren has moved to Mercedes to become Principal Aerodynamicist. This is the second Principal Aerodynamicist Merc have hired in the last few months.

mclaren_mircea

Yes!!!! yes!!!! Im a loyal Ham fan (and because of him now a Mercedes fan), I didnt lose a single race since Australia 2007. I want to say that despite the fact that Im biased I respect the forum rules, I dont want to enter in a fight with other fand and that the language I want to be respectful towards everyone but I think that I can feel the joy as a child. But Im super happy that Mercedes is rebuilding their aero department. This is the only chance againts an oiled machine war machine that is Red Bull. This recruitment drive of young aerodynamicists is great combined with the fact that they lose Fallows and another top aerodinamicists. Please let my comment I dont speak bad or unrespectfull about Red Bull, just the pure joy that I hope Mercedes will built another empire to watch Lewis victories like France 2018 and France 2019 without to much stress. Lets hope that this engineers that were poached will help the team because Mclaren teached us that they can have a very efficient car.

ralphster7

Mariano Alperin Bruvera joined Aston Martin as Head of Aerodynamic Technology from Alfa last year, didn't know about this until now.

Hari Roberts Head of Aerodynamics Engineering at Alpine has joined Williams to become Head of Aerodynamic Technology.

ralphster7

mclaren_mircea wrote:
07 Jul 2021, 12:19
Yes!!!! yes!!!! Im a loyal Ham fan (and because of him now a Mercedes fan), I didnt lose a single race since Australia 2007. I want to say that despite the fact that Im biased I respect the forum rules, I dont want to enter in a fight with other fand and that the language I want to be respectful towards everyone but I think that I can feel the joy as a child. But Im super happy that Mercedes is rebuilding their aero department. This is the only chance againts an oiled machine war machine that is Red Bull. This recruitment drive of young aerodynamicists is great combined with the fact that they lose Fallows and another top aerodinamicists. Please let my comment I dont speak bad or unrespectfull about Red Bull, just the pure joy that I hope Mercedes will built another empire to watch Lewis victories like France 2018 and France 2019 without to much stress. Lets hope that this engineers that were poached will help the team because Mclaren teached us that they can have a very efficient car.
I have two theories as to why Mercedes have hired two senior aero guys and no one has appeared to leave.
1) There are two Principal Aerodynamicists that I know worked for Mercedes in 2015 from this article from Imperial College https://www.imperial.ac.uk/aeronautics/ ... ase-study/ they are Simon Williams and Dominic Smith these people do not have Linkedin so I don't know if they still work for Mercedes, they may well have left the team so these appointments would be replacing them.
2) There has been a mini technical restructure at the team but it hasn't been reported yet. As you know Mike Elliott is now the Technical Director at Mercedes leaving his old job as Technology Director vacated. What might have happened is that Jarrod Murphy the Head of Aerodynamics has stepped in to become Technology Director, Eric Blandin Chief Aerodynamicist has stepped in to become Head of Aero, a principal Aerodynamicist possibly either Pierluigi Orsi or Gioacchino Vino has stepped into become Chief Aerodynamicist hence the need for Principal Aero guys.
Or it could just be a minor reshuffle and I'm looking far too much into this.
I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes don't lose some senior personelle soon with the budget cap coming in.

Peter1919

ralphster7 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 10:39
I wonder who the new Technical Director of Aston will be?
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... yB18V.html

It's Dan Fallows.
That is a great signing for Aston, even if it is going to take at least a year before he joins.