2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
hasika

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Good win for Max.
Just dont know why the second pitstop was so late for Checo,they should pit just like 2-3laps earlier for example.

Wouter

He did it again !!

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

hasika wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 17:37
Good win for Max.
Just dont know why the second pitstop was so late for Checo,they should pit just like 2-3laps earlier for example.
I think only wrong part was issue with first pit. Next race he will make it I hope.

Datco

Well done to Max, too bad about Perez pitstops and leaving the second stop too late.
Hopefully the FIA don't come up with some technical directive on Redbulls rear wings being too skinny for safety incase it flys of the track.

godlameroso

Mercedes: Your rear wing is bendy, change it.

Red Bull: Ok, fine, we'll make a new rear wing.

Mercedes: Your car is too fast with your new rear wing.

Red Bull: You said make a new rear wing.

It's not like they're throwing developments at this car that aggressively. All things considered, the diffuser change isn't huge. Nothing on the RB16B that can't can't be adapted if you understand what's going on with the car as a whole, now if people want to make the investment in order to compete considering next year, that's a difficult choice. It must be weighed accordingly. I guess RBR is used to clawing their way from the back foot so long that they learned how to gain strength from it.
Saishū kōnā

Ryar

godlameroso wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 19:59
Mercedes: Your rear wing is bendy, change it.

Red Bull: Ok, fine, we'll make a new rear wing.

Mercedes: Your car is too fast with your new rear wing.

Red Bull: You said make a new rear wing.

It's not like they're throwing developments at this car that aggressively. All things considered, the diffuser change isn't huge. Nothing on the RB16B that can't can't be adapted if you understand what's going on with the car as a whole, now if people want to make the investment in order to compete considering next year, that's a difficult choice. It must be weighed accordingly. I guess RBR is used to clawing their way from the back foot so long that they learned how to gain strength from it.
This experience of not being comfortably at the front and helplessly lagging behind is new to Toto and it would take a while for him to get used to it and shut himself. Inability to turn up the PU power at will, which they always used to have in reserve, is making them do all sorts of mental gymnastics. All that, "We like competition" was just the PR BS. :lol:
Hakuna Matata!

Datco

I wonder if Merc had an illegal PU that they had to change at Baku. And now they just deflecting attention to something RBR and Honda are doing. It was strange that they changed the PU so early but seemed to have lost pace on the straights they had earlier in the year. Red bull historically had skinny wings since the Renault days to make up for power deficit. This design is nothing new to Red Bull.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

zibby43

Great performance for RBR today.

Whole operation is executing very well, and the car is a well-developed thoroughbred.

Ryar

zibby43 wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 22:04

Whole operation is executing very well, and the car is a well-developed thoroughbred.
Looking back, I wish FIA should have introduced these floor changes along with the simplified front wings in 2019. Probably, RB15 and RB16 would have also been as well behaved as RB16B is. Seems like the floor change regulations is what was needed to cure the handling problems of Red Bull cars of the past couple of years. One can wish. :)
Hakuna Matata!

Bandit1216

Datco wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 20:55
I wonder if Merc had an illegal PU that they had to change at Baku. And now they just deflecting attention to something RBR and Honda are doing. It was strange that they changed the PU so early but seemed to have lost pace on the straights they had earlier in the year. Red bull historically had skinny wings since the Renault days to make up for power deficit. This design is nothing new to Red Bull.
I honestly think there is not much more to it. They had a more efficient car for years. And now they have an engine that is about as good. So now Rb Bull can trade top speed for downforce all year long, just like merc did for years.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

etusch

Ryar wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 07:47
zibby43 wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 22:04

Looking back, I wish FIA should have introduced these floor changes along with the simplified front wings in 2019. Probably, RB15 and RB16 would have also been as well behaved as RB16B is. Seems like the floor change regulations is what was needed to cure the handling problems of Red Bull cars of the past couple of years. One can wish. :)
when I read your post I asked myself if it was that front wing regulation which affected redbull's front more made the car unstable because of loosing df efficiency at front but staying same level at back. With this new rule and their development works made it balanced like they had earlier ( maybe) just an idea

Wouter

The deserved result of very hard work at RBR and Honda.
Hopefully the new Pirelli tires don't throw a spanner in the works.
Who handles the reinforced tires best? Mercedes and RBR are very close at the moment.
The Power of Dreams!

e30ernest

Wonderful job by Red Bull! These 4 wins have been well deserved. It looks like this year will be their year at the rate this is going.

Bill

i dont understand why Horner finds it painful to give credits to Honda for domination the were already good in Bahrain but reliability issues hampeedd them 0.7 in prac 3 and 0.4 tenth advantage in quali