2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

No one is under any illusions, RBR wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't for Honda, that's why Honda is stamped real big on the side of the car and on the rear wing, where you get a nice shot of it when the car zooms past you.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 13:52
No one is under any illusions, RBR wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't for Honda, that's why Honda is stamped real big on the side of the car and on the rear wing, where you get a nice shot of it when the car zooms past you.
Honda are such a big improvement at history of Redbull that honda is not only a PU manufacturer that gives them a competitive PU but a pu base that give them opportunuty of produce their own to become a real independent team. Maybe it will open a new bussiness to them to make a road supercar too.

fellowhoodlums

Good analysis from Andrew Benson here :
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57632228

Going back in time........

From preview of France GP:
https://racingnews365.com/honda-set-to- ... -to-france

And from race 1 :
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mercedes ... ent-trend/
https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull- ... ne-harder/

It shows the journey from race 1 and knowing they have the best PU/ERS to then, examination of PU1 after race 1 and a need to mitigate against vibrations by reducing total output ensuring reliability until they had a fix in PU2 ready.

If PU2 is proved to be reliable then output will continue to improve with software changes.

Red Bull should therefore be in a position to stop developing the car and move to 2022 chassis and aero, comfortable that they won't now be beaten by Mercedes to 2021 title.

Lock2nl

Vibrations? Again? Where do you get this from? I do hope it isn't that Italian website...

djones

The Renault engine does not look that bad these days.

It's likely the majority of the Redbull performance at the moment is a really good chassis/aero combined with great setups and recent tracks that are suiting the car well.

I highly suspect they would be in the same position had they kept the Renault engine.

Zynerji

djones wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 16:35

It's likely the majority of the Redbull performance at the moment is a really good chassis/aero combined with great setups and recent tracks that are suiting the car well.

I highly suspect they would be in the same position had they kept the Renault engine.
The Renault "wind up" sound is painful to me. It sounds way too tight and lossy. Maybe Honda/Merc just have a smoother ramp.

RedNEO

godlameroso wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 19:59
Mercedes: Your rear wing is bendy, change it.

Red Bull: Ok, fine, we'll make a new rear wing.

Mercedes: Your car is too fast with your new rear wing.

Red Bull: You said make a new rear wing.

It's not like they're throwing developments at this car that aggressively. All things considered, the diffuser change isn't huge. Nothing on the RB16B that can't can't be adapted if you understand what's going on with the car as a whole, now if people want to make the investment in order to compete considering next year, that's a difficult choice. It must be weighed accordingly. I guess RBR is used to clawing their way from the back foot so long that they learned how to gain strength from it.
That’s why it’s dangerous to get exactly what you wished for. Mercedes inadvertently made Red Bull a faster car :lol:

ispano6

djones wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 16:35

This I doubt, as it is the architecture of the new Honda PU that has allowed for the RB16b's aero package. The Renault PU and its size wouldn't have made it possible. The Honda engine also has more power overall, thanks to their collaboration with ExxonMobil. RedBull and STR both needed a works PU and Renault were not providing this, especially STR and the spare parts PUs they were being provided. Renaults investment into its PUs were not adequate for RedBull.

ispano6

Bill wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 09:47
i dont understand why Horner finds it painful to give credits to Honda for domination the were already good in Bahrain but reliability issues hampeedd them 0.7 in prac 3 and 0.4 tenth advantage in quali
He hasn't said anything to not give credit and what he's saying is pretty much consistent with Tanabe in that there haven't been any changes in specifications for the power units. He rightly credits ExxonMobil for their oil upgrades and the team as a whole have been working to improve the package in all facets be it aero, mechanical, molecular and electronics.

Motorsport.com also calls out that the upgraded diffuser was only available for Max and Sergio ran the earlier design. So this can account for some of the performance difference between the two cars. Hopefully he'll get the upgrades soon too, if not the next race then by Silverstone.

Godius

Pyrone89

I think Mercedes will be back on it when they use the normal set-up and the new tyre construction in Silverstone. All these talk from 'journalists' about RBR having a massive advantage is such dribble. I mean, aren't they paid for this? Meanwhile regular fans (not paid) can put the events in better context (RBR suited track, radical setup Mercedes, Max simply being better at the moment, Perez still only 4th, TD's to come that hurt RB etc.) and these so called professionals.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Ryar

This video clearly shows the compromises in set up between Mercedes and Red Bull. By having lower wing levels, Red Bull goes fast on straights, but clearly gets slower in corner entries. Mercedes loses out on straights, but almost makes up for it in corner entries with higher downforce allowing late breaking. Mercedes should stop cribbing about Red Bull's straight line speed.

Hakuna Matata!

etusch

Ryar wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 04:06
This video clearly shows the compromises in set up between Mercedes and Red Bull. By having lower wing levels, Red Bull goes fast on straights, but clearly gets slower in corner entries. Mercedes loses out on straights, but almost makes up for it in corner entries with higher downforce allowing late breaking. Mercedes should stop cribbing about Red Bull's straight line speed.

https://twitter.com/FormulaNerds/status ... 06794?s=20
this is what everyone does to be fastest with what they had. every team choose settings what makes them fastest and Mercedes's calculation gives them this as a best.

Bill

a lot had been written here that Honda was running pu detuned in the ist races after seeing flashes of brilliance in the 1st race.now Honda has sorted its reliability merc think they are doing something suspicious
https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/28/mer ... ew-engine/

Wouter

The Red Bull F1 updates that helped it beat Mercedes at the Styrian GP

So let’s take a look at what Red Bull has done to its car that has allowed it to step clear – both in Austria last weekend and earlier in the campaign.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/revea ... t/6618888/
The Power of Dreams!