2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ferrarifire

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

Ferrari got better race pace...but the 1st lap incident has screwed up Lecrec's race..

JPBD1990

ferrarifire wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 16:10
Ferrari got better race pace...but the 1st lap incident has screwed up Lecrec's race..
Yeah that was a rookie error from Leclerc, but it happens. More importantly for me, Dat race pace! So encouraging they can FIX problems. Seems the past few years they’ve had no answers. Now, one race and things look promising. Very encouraging for next year.

Carl Mccoy

If Charles not crash into Gasly he will be finish ahead of Norris

JPower

Great race for Ferrari.

Sainz first stint was incredible. He did 40 laps on the mediums and was outpacing many of the midfield cars that had already pitted on hards even in the waning stages. That type of drive is why he's at Ferrari.

Great recovery drive by Leclerc as well. I thought they gambled by pitting Charles a little early on the hards(obviously I don't have Ferrari's strategy foresight) but his pace on mediums was easily enough to put him back in the points.

Now they just need to find a good medium between quali and race pace. Encouraging.

ferrarifire

Next week would be interesting .Hope this week learning will help.

Spacepace

Did I just notice this or has Leclerc always sat this high in the cockpit? Looks like Russell sitting in the car

JPBD1990

Spacepace wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 17:00
Did I just notice this or has Leclerc always sat this high in the cockpit? Looks like Russell sitting in the car
Scroll back a few pages. This has been widely discussed. It’s weird how high he sits!

Spacepace

JPBD1990 wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 17:07
Spacepace wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 17:00
Scroll back a few pages. This has been widely discussed. It’s weird how high he sits!
I don't always check team forums but good to know I'm not just imagining it. Probably to give him a sight advantage to his front wheel. Surprised he'd give up COG for that though.
Looks odd and makes car look ugly.

wowgr8

Being behind McLaren with Ricciardo struggling so much leaves such a bitter taste in the mouth. The team and mostly drivers are throwing so many points away. Monaco there was a win on the cards and in Imola and Azerbaijan Leclerc lost out on podiums by being beat during restarts. Today Charles could've finished ahead of Norris. It's a solid damage limitation race at what should be a weak track but it could've been a lot better. The race pace was very encouraging

Sevach

JPower wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 16:34
Great race for Ferrari.

Sainz first stint was incredible. He did 40 laps on the mediums and was outpacing many of the midfield cars that had already pitted on hards even in the waning stages. That type of drive is why he's at Ferrari.

Great recovery drive by Leclerc as well. I thought they gambled by pitting Charles a little early on the hards(obviously I don't have Ferrari's strategy foresight) but his pace on mediums was easily enough to put him back in the points.

Now they just need to find a good medium between quali and race pace. Encouraging.
They had Sainz stint as a measuring stick of what could be done.
It is a positive that the team managed to fix their issues with a couple of setup changes.

JPower

Sevach wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 00:59
JPower wrote:
Great race for Ferrari.

It is a positive that the team managed to fix their issues with a couple of setup changes.
We’ll see if they’ve got a real fix when they get to Silverstone. Judging from the post race comments, the race pace will be very track dependent.

Manfer

JPower wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 15:14
Sevach wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 00:59
JPower wrote:
Great race for Ferrari.

We’ll see if they’ve got a real fix when they get to Silverstone. Judging from the post race comments, the race pace will be very track dependent.
It is highly likely that they will struggle at all front limited tracks this year. If the team went as far as warning Sainz of this flaw in the car, i dont think they will be able to fix it this year.

LM10

wowgr8 wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 17:45
Being behind McLaren with Ricciardo struggling so much leaves such a bitter taste in the mouth. The team and mostly drivers are throwing so many points away. Monaco there was a win on the cards and in Imola and Azerbaijan Leclerc lost out on podiums by being beat during restarts. Today Charles could've finished ahead of Norris. It's a solid damage limitation race at what should be a weak track but it could've been a lot better. The race pace was very encouraging
“A lot better” is quite an exaggeration considering that only Leclerc could have finished ahead of Norris. Other than that Ferrari got the maximum out of that race. They were best of the rest.

JPower

Looks like Ferrari is still trying to figure out their approach.

Very quick over one lap in FP1, had some graining pretty quickly on the C5's. Kind of the opposite in FP2. Haven't seen any numbers from the race simulations just yet.

Carl Mccoy

How about Ferrari race pace? Starting on hards sounds good option.