2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Schippke

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

Article regarding the launch of Ferrari's New Simulator.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... C8bQNxmUjs

From reading the article, they'll be using it purely for the 2022 Challenger... I would also assume they'd potentially run it in the existing sim as well to ensure the data between the 2 is correlated correctly. Unless that effects their allowed hours for wind-tunnel times...?

Manfer

Schippke wrote:
07 Jul 2021, 14:32

From reading the article, they'll be using it purely for the 2022 Challenger... I would also assume they'd potentially run it in the existing sim as well to ensure the data between the 2 is correlated correctly. Unless that effects their allowed hours for wind-tunnel times...?
Remember when Ferrari ran the 2019 car for a few days with both the drivers. Maybe they used used those runs to correlate the data between the new and old sims.

LM10

Schippke wrote:
07 Jul 2021, 14:32

Don’t worry. I don’t think they’ve built the whole simulation only to test it’s correlation after finishing.

JPower

Things looked pretty much as expected for Ferrari in FP1. Quick but slower than Lando's McLaren especially through S2 and S3.

Haven't checked to see what which rear wing setup they're running.

The elephant in the room is the tire deg. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

JPower

That was interesting for a Friday. Charles got a little bit better air than Carlos on that Q3 lap by being behind Gasly and it made a big difference in placement for the sprint tomorrow.

Carlos should be able to get past Russell tomorrow but that's the highest I can see him going barring a crash or something. If Charles doesn't hang with Bottas by the time DRS is active, Checo should pass him in short order.

wowgr8

I don't think getting past Russell tomorrow is guaranteed by any means, he'll be very determined in front of his home fans and the Mercedes engine makes him tough to get past on the straight. Charles will also have to watch out for the McLarens who are both good and aggressive starters

JPower

Not sold on the sprint format but that’s neither here nor there.

Both cars had great pace today. Leclerc did very well to stay in contact with Bottas and Sainz had enough pace to cut through the whole lower half of the field within a short stint.

A P4/P10 start isn’t too bad considering. Carlos will have to fight with the Alpines and Seb but I think he has enough pace to pass them all. Charles could have a chance at podium if one of the top runners has an issue. Would be good to see.

JPBD1990

Did anyone see the state of the fronts on the Ferrari? I’m interested to know if they solved their issues from France. Pace and consistency suggests so, but it’s all relative and towards the end Bottas was gapping Leclerc on the softs - so possible they’re still degrading quickly on the front.

Unfortunately I didn’t see any pics/footage of the Ferrari’s at the end. Anyone know?

JPBD1990

Whether or not leclerc wins this (unlikely on balance)… what a driver.

JPower

Sainz caught a Bottas.

He should be in P5 at least right now.

Leclerc's pace has been stunning today.

JPower

Both drivers are pissed. Sainz didn't say a word on the cool down lap.

LM10

Both drivers deserved a better position at the end, but nonetheless, amazing race pace from Ferrari. I’m very positively surprised and pleased. Would have not expected auch a good performance.

On the Mediums Leclerc was the fastest car out there. On the Hards the Mercedes came alive and at the end there was not much to do for Leclerc unfortunately. Still, driver of the day.
Sainz’ race was destroyed by that poor pit stop. Seems like there is some misfortune following him for the last couple of races. Hope he gets a clean race next time around. Him being pissed is a good sign.
Last edited by LM10 on 18 Jul 2021, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

Carl Mccoy

Great race by Ferrari. I don't expect such good pace. Charles is best thing happen to Ferrari since Michael.

Just_a_fan

It'll be interesting to find out what Charles's issue was during the race. I wonder whether it was a big enough issue to have cost him the top step. Great drive by him.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

El Scorchio

Gutted for Charles today. Where did that stellar pace come from though? Tyres, pressures, ambient or track temps?