2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RedNEO

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Incredible
Last edited by RedNEO on 17 Jul 2021, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

RedNEO

Alonso during the inlap even came up with a new name for the sprint race 😂

diffuser

@REDNEO was there ever any doubt? ;)

Redragon

This sprint race really fits Alonso style, he gained a lot today, another great start tomorrow and he will be up there

max_speed

What if alonso makes 6 places at start today :)

diffuser

max_speed wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 04:56
What if alonso makes 6 places at start today :)
Don't think he can hold off McLaren. He's gonna struggle with Sainz as well. They would need something special, like hitting the car's setup sweet spot on the hards.

Juzh

I watched norris' onboard when he was battling alonso in sprint race. Amount of time alonso lost on straights is unreal. His rear lights were flashing constantly indicating empty battery. Like not even half way down the straight, it started already after 1/3 of any straight. After that norris gained literally bus lengths on him. They really need to sort out energy recovery on that car.

Here is their full battle starting just after alonso overtakes norris in copse, keep an eye on timing of red lights:
https://streamable.com/jhmp21

A lap after overtake Alonso starts harvesting already at DRS line on wellington straight :shock: . At that point straight has barely even begun. I though, ok, he'll recharge and then it's back to normal again, but no, It remains that way till the end, always with battery at zero charge.

diffuser

Alonso was fuel/tire saving after the tire change untill about lap 45.

Joker

Smart race from Alonso. Kept Stroll within DRS so Perez couldn't make any moves. Ferrari and McLaren were too fast, so no reason to push. Ocon had a good race as well. However, second time since Alpine messed up Alonsos stop, I hope it does not become repetitive.

The pace is just not there to attack Ferrari or McLaren, kinda dissapointing. The gap is too much.

max_speed

Alonso enjoys keeping other in DRS range, saves his tires and cooks others

adrianjordan

On Ted's notebook he said something about "don't mention what's in the bag"...and "if you know, you know"

...what was that in reference to??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

radosav

alonso went off on instalation lap and damaged his diffusser, when race was stopped team manage to fix it to a point, and in race he on purpose let car behind him to get in drs zone so faster cars couldn't overtake due to drs train- those are info from team manager

Jambier

I am really very happy for Alonso right now.

This comeback is perfect. 2 years away, he came back more humble, needed some time to rise to its natural level, and now it almost feels like he never left and is back to the top

I'm really hoping for a serious 2022 Alpine. I don't think title is realistic, but a good Enstone car like 2012-2013, with podiums and one or two victories would be perfect for what is the last era of Alonso career. [-o<

They really need to sort that setup windows which is too small

diffuser

Juzh wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 13:37
I watched norris' onboard when he was battling alonso in sprint race. Amount of time alonso lost on straights is unreal. His rear lights were flashing constantly indicating empty battery. Like not even half way down the straight, it started already after 1/3 of any straight. After that norris gained literally bus lengths on him. They really need to sort out energy recovery on that car.

Here is their full battle starting just after alonso overtakes norris in copse, keep an eye on timing of red lights:
https://streamable.com/jhmp21

A lap after overtake Alonso starts harvesting already at DRS line on wellington straight :shock: . At that point straight has barely even begun. I though, ok, he'll recharge and then it's back to normal again, but no, It remains that way till the end, always with battery at zero charge.
I get your point....
Strange that there are no stats for something like that. Comparing a flashing light to a void when a team can change where they deploy on the fly is hard. As much as there is a stat for anything in baseball, F1 is almost devoid of stats by comparison.

max_speed

No matter how strongly we feel about Alonso talent and pray for a stroner Alpine. I do not think Alpine gonna win in next 10 years. They are too far from top teams level. For now just enjoy Alonso and build new memories of his racing excellence.