2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zibby43

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Juzh wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 07:05
zibby43 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 02:31
And Windsor is just as much a Max admirer as he is a Hamilton admirer.
That's simply not the case, when push comes to shove he's pro hamilton trough and though. Seen and heard enough of his stuff trough the years to know that. It's the same as brundle who desperately tries to hide it but gets carried away more and more as he gets older.
Have you not watched his videos over the run of Verstappen wins? Or his video covering the sprint race?

He’s practically the CEO of the Verstappen fan club. Same with LEC and Hamilton. He recognizes all talent.

seense

Yes, Croft and Brundle likewise. Always positive and recognizing (Verstappens) talent but when Hamilton is involved they are biased AF.

erudite450

seense wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 09:53
Yes, Croft and Brundle likewise. Always positive and recognizing (Verstappens) talent but when Hamilton is involved they are biased AF.
Crofty maybe but Brundle is a racer and as fair as they come. He will not bash Hamilton but if Ham is wrong he'll say it. And he's a massive fan of Verstappen, always has been.

erudite450

The only person I wish they raved more about is Leclerc. In my opinion, he's the quickest driver on the grid over a single lap.

e30ernest

erudite450 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 10:53
The only person I wish they raved more about is Leclerc. In my opinion, he's the quickest driver on the grid over a single lap.
I became a fan of Leclerc ever since I saw him in F2. He is a very fast lad, and also seems to be amiable to the press/fans. Ferrari scored big in signing him.

Just reading some of the comments here and the RB team thread, I am almost afraid to check out the official race thread for the British GP.

Are the Silverstone updates supposedly the last to be brought out for the car? Seems like they've made some good gains and appear closer to RB. I do think this can still swing either way this year. What an amazing season so far!

SiLo

e30ernest wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 11:08
erudite450 wrote:
I became a fan of Leclerc ever since I saw him in F2. He is a very fast lad, and also seems to be amiable to the press/fans. Ferrari scored big in signing him.

Just reading some of the comments here and the RB team thread, I am almost afraid to check out the official race thread for the British GP.

Are the Silverstone updates supposedly the last to be brought out for the car? Seems like they've made some good gains and appear closer to RB. I do think this can still swing either way this year. What an amazing season so far!
I think their lower downforce package is actually very good. Hungary is another "normal" track so will see what happens there.
Felipe Baby!

NathanOlder

erudite450 wrote:
I would almost agree with that, but on friday we saw Russell qualify 0.143 behind Leclerc. There is no way in the world the Williams is within 2 tenths of the Ferrari over a lap.

Overall though, Max Charles and George are the 3 fastest over a single lap in F1 right now and its impossible to say who is quickest.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

e30ernest

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 11:36
erudite450 wrote:
I would almost agree with that, but on friday we saw Russell qualify 0.143 behind Leclerc. There is no way in the world the Williams is within 2 tenths of the Ferrari over a lap.

Overall though, Max Charles and George are the 3 fastest over a single lap in F1 right now and its impossible to say who is quickest.
I think I would add Lando there. Those 4 are the future of F1. The 4 of them are probably faster than Lewis over a single lap now (more of a product of age though IMO). Max and Lewis are probably very close as well with Max edging out on pure pace.

NathanOlder

e30ernest wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:44
NathanOlder wrote:
erudite450 wrote:

I think I would add Lando there. Those 4 are the future of F1. The 4 of them are probably faster than Lewis over a single lap now (more of a product of age though IMO). Max and Lewis are probably very close as well with Max edging out on pure pace.
Yeah, Lewis has certainly lost a tenth or 2 with being 36yrs old. But he makes up for it on sundays with consistency and reading the race better. Also able to work the tyres better than the others more often than not. All the greats were the same, Schumacher, Prost, Lauda etc etc.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

selvam_e2002

https://twitter.com/search?q=max%20vest ... head_click

is the full track owned by Max. It seems like a kid driving a F1 car. watch above and it is clearly Max fault. Whoever Redbull driver, they will never learn from their mistake till they come out from RB comfort zone.

dans79

selvam_e2002 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:10

is the full track owned by Max. It seems like a kid driving a F1 car. watch above and it is clearly Max fault. Whoever Redbull driver, they will never learn from their mistake till they come out from RB comfort zone.
Blocked because Sky is...........
197 104 103 7

El Scorchio

selvam_e2002 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:10

Wouldn't this stuff fit better into the race thread?

mkay

e30ernest wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
erudite450 wrote:

We're veering into off-topic, but I still think it's foolish to rank Russell and Norris ahead of proven commodity like Lewis. I still have a problem with the fact that both drivers lack a reliable yardstick - Latifi is useless and Ricciardo just hasn't gotten to grips with the McLaren yet. That is not to say Russell is not doing amazing things with the Williams, but I'd still want him head-to-head with Hamilton, or at least a better teammate at Williams, before crowning him. Same for Norris - he's undoubtedly gotten stronger this season, but it's fair to say Ricciardo is having his worst year in the sport.

At least Max and Leclerc have had strong teammates already, cementing their status at the top. Lewis may have gotten a touch slower over a lap, but he's still having a very good year qualifying-wise, thoroughly outqualifying his teammate who happens to be an excellent qualifier.

PhillipM

mkay wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 15:17
We're veering into off-topic, but I still think it's foolish to rank Russell and Norris ahead of proven commodity like Lewis. I still have a problem with the fact that both drivers lack a reliable yardstick
I mean, he blew Bottas away in the Merc without even getting used to the car...

ringo

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:50
e30ernest wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Yeah, Lewis has certainly lost a tenth or 2 with being 36yrs old. But he makes up for it on sundays with consistency and reading the race better. Also able to work the tyres better than the others more often than not. All the greats were the same, Schumacher, Prost, Lauda etc etc.
I think he is slower than in the past. But i think after teaming with Jenson and also driving to the tyres when he was Nico's teammate he has setup for the race. So its dificult to judge his speed against anyone until he is in the same car with them. But for sure Max and Charles and Lando are very fast.
You pretty much have said it. He is quicker in the race. And i feel thats why Bottas does so poorly in the races. He sets up to get pole and thats why he is so close to Lewis sometimes.
So its a balance overall when it comes to qualifying pace. You can never really know until two guys are in the same car.
For Sure!!