2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

etusch wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:11
It would be fair to give Verstappen a brand new pu by deal of -3 race usage (how many races his 2nd pu used )
My Guess is that it was intruduced in Baku or France, Silverstone could have been the 4 or 5th race. That being said, this could have PU #1. We don't know. We're just told when they break the seal and use a NEW PU. They don't tell us if they switched back to a OLD PU.

Mattchu

Goldwing wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 18:11
Lewis needs the whole track as "enough space". All drivers must give this respect to the "Sir". Joke.
This whole thing is getting ridiculous...from some who I`d expect more of!

This is racing, accidents happen!

Marti_EF3

I would go for a new PU and go hard every race. Take the penalty where you can overtake and do a good damage control. Then, you are close in the fight with a much newer PU. But for that, he needs to win as much as possible and extend the lead a bit more. If Max manages to win at Hungary, I think it will look good for the Plan B

seense
seense

First Briton so outspoken if you ask me.

diffuser

etusch wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:26
diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:20

My point was... Hamilton, from a points perspective, was justified to take the risk he needed the points. From a Max points perspective, Max should have given up the corner to Hamilton. He could have tried to take Hamilton somewhere else OR just finish 2nd. To win a championship in F1 when you're ahead, especially by a large margin, Rule #1 is always bring home the points.
I prefer aggressive Max rather than easy to overtake one. If there were a fair rival he would have 1st. I think what he save has more importance than finishing 2nd
I've been watching F1 for a long time. I've seen that scenario played out several times. There is a time and a place for aggressive Max. For the most part Max has done a really good job at controlling him of late, using the aggression in all the right places.. On Sunday aggressive Max met aggressive Hamilton. You never know how those collisions are gonna go, often the guy on the outside gets the worst of it....In the same scenario in 2020 with Hamilton way ahead in the champoinship, Hamilton bows out in that scenario, keeps the points.

Ryar

dans79 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:47
seense wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:45
First Briton so outspoken if you ask me.

What does being British have to do with it?
Aside of your question on why the speaker's nationality has been highlighted, you dont have a problem with the content of the video and you agree with it right. :)
Hakuna Matata!

Ryar

diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:50
etusch wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:26
diffuser wrote:

My point was... Hamilton, from a points perspective, was justified to take the risk he needed the points. From a Max points perspective, Max should have given up the corner to Hamilton. He could have tried to take Hamilton somewhere else OR just finish 2nd. To win a championship in F1 when you're ahead, especially by a large margin, Rule #1 is always bring home the points.
I prefer aggressive Max rather than easy to overtake one. If there were a fair rival he would have 1st. I think what he save has more importance than finishing 2nd
I've been watching F1 for a long time. I've seen that scenario played out several times. There is a time and a place for aggressive Max. For the most part Max has done a really good job at controlling him of late, using the aggression in all the right places.. On Sunday aggressive Max met rattled Hamilton. You never know how those collisions are gonna go, often the guy on the outside gets the worst of it....In the same scenario in 2020 with Hamilton way ahead in the champoinship, Hamilton bows out in that scenario, keeps the points.
Corrected it for you. Its easy to back off when you have a car that is over a second faster over the field with a puppy team mate. You are always assured of winning the championship. Its not quite the same when the car is just on par.
Hakuna Matata!

dans79

Ryar wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:51
you dont have a problem with the content of the video and you agree with it right. :)
I agree with other talking heads that it was a racing incident!
197 104 103 7

zibby43
zibby43

diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:28
etusch wrote:
It would be fair to give Verstappen a brand new pu by deal of -3 race usage (how many races his 2nd pu used )
My Guess is that it was intruduced in Baku or France, Silverstone could have been the 4 or 5th race. That being said, this could have PU #1. We don't know. We're just told when they break the seal and use a NEW PU. They don't tell us if they switched back to a OLD PU.
Honda introduced their 2nd PUs in France.

Max was using the 2nd PU in Silverstone, as it is one of the most power-sensitive circuits on the calendar, and it would’ve allowed him to exploit the reliability fixes introduced on the 2nd unit, which allowed for more baseline power to be utilized.

With the format of last weekend, I don’t know if the old PU1 was even used in practice. Not much time for a swap with quali and a sprint race on the same day as practices.

Ryar

Mattchu wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:54
Ryar wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:40
Genius opinion. But if only F1 cars at 250+ kph racing speeds would be as easy as drawimg on static images using MS paint sitting on couch. :wink:
Exactly [no need for the sarcasm], they`re driving at ridiculous speeds, can hardly see anything, yet we want these guys to race wheel to wheel and not have any incidents!
But they are trained for that life since they have opened their eyes, with best of human training methods and importantly, experience of having been in those situations. One stupid guy chose not to do the right thing and the guy who was right, ended up in barriers. Trying to prove it otherwise is not gonna fly.
Hakuna Matata!

Steven
Owner

This British GP incident is to be discussed in the race thread.
Or better yet, get on with it. What's done is done. Look forward!

TNTHead

diffuser wrote:
Sieper wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 17:31
diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 17:19

None of that really matters. It shouldn't. Every case should be treated individually. You could add that big collision Hamilton and Roseberg had ...was it Spain? or even In Canada when Hamilton made front wheel contact with Roseberg in the first corner knocking Rosberg off the track on to the run off, you should NOT get gain cause you made a mistake and went to deep into a corner.

What is kind of odd is that with the lead RBR and Max had, Hamilton would have had to Finish first in every race between Silverstone and the end of year to even come close to closing the Gap. Probably would have needed a DNF from Max....

Now Max is up only 8 points with the prospect of the Silverstone PU being toast? There are alot of races left.
The DNF he now has. Like Toto also mentioned a few times. We need a DNF. I don't think it was needed. 33/7 = not even 5 races (and no fastest laps for Max in those). Lewis took a small risk of it ending wrongly for a huge gain. If engine is toast then the last 8 points are also off the table. It really stinks.

Exactly, we can point as much as we like what Hamilton did wrong. But Verstappen didn't play this well enough. For me he was tempted to go for the short term gain (keep the lead), while sacrifizing the long term gain. Whether this move by Hamilton was intentional or not is only speculation. So let's keep it with that.

diffuser

zibby43 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:59
diffuser wrote:
etusch wrote:

Max was using the 2nd PU in Silverstone, as it is one of the most power-sensitive circuits on the calendar, and it would’ve allowed him to exploit the reliability fixes introduced on the 2nd unit, which allowed for more baseline power to be utilized.

With the format of last weekend, I don’t know if the old PU1 was even used in practice. Not much time for a swap with quali and a sprint race on the same day as practices.

I can't find it but I had read all the PU are the same 2021 first iteration. No upgrades,Reliability or other, all year (excluding software).

zibby43
zibby43

diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 23:56
zibby43 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:59
diffuser wrote:

I can't find it but I had read all the PU are the same 2021 first iteration. No upgrades,Reliability or other, all year (excluding software).
Reliability upgrades are allowed and other teams are made aware of what the improvements will be and have the opportunity to object. If a reliability improvement lets you utilize a more powerful engine map, then that’s fine.

ispano6

godlameroso wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 20:58
max_speed wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 18:50
I am more frustrated with perez .if he qualify close to lewis then he can teach lewis same trick he has been doing to others for long and getting away with. I do not mind perez taking lewis out just to teach him respect he has been asking for.
I just hope redbull wipe out that bloody smile from toto's face post silverstone win but situation has changed now and max and redbull are on backfoot.
That's fine, you hit harder from the back foot.
Red Bull have said they will be developing the car up until the last race if necessary. Max/RedBull are still ahead and this year is the chance. They've already saved F1 by making it exciting with a two horse race, now they just need to get their heads down and finish the job. They can do it.