2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

max_speed wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:11
No matter how strongly we feel about Alonso talent and pray for a stroner Alpine. I do not think Alpine gonna win in next 10 years. They are too far from top teams level. For now just enjoy Alonso and build new memories of his racing excellence.
Next year is one of those years that anyone can win.

Right now with that HUGE damage to Max's RBR, the CAP, the cost of the repairs; you got to think that RBR are gonna be on the back foot going into next year.

PowerandtheGlory

Its a tough one, again id love to see Alonso get a car he’s worthy of.. lets hope next years changes bear fruit for alpine and the new engine…
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

RedNEO

Juzh wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 13:37
I watched norris' onboard when he was battling alonso in sprint race. Amount of time alonso lost on straights is unreal. His rear lights were flashing constantly indicating empty battery. Like not even half way down the straight, it started already after 1/3 of any straight. After that norris gained literally bus lengths on him. They really need to sort out energy recovery on that car.

Here is their full battle starting just after alonso overtakes norris in copse, keep an eye on timing of red lights:
https://streamable.com/jhmp21

A lap after overtake Alonso starts harvesting already at DRS line on wellington straight :shock: . At that point straight has barely even begun. I though, ok, he'll recharge and then it's back to normal again, but no, It remains that way till the end, always with battery at zero charge.
It’s been happening since Bahrain it’s just we don’t get to hear it unless it’s a radio call that gets played, the PR team hides all those problems related to engine. It’s mainly in hotter conditions that they suffer with getting more electrical energy. Something I’m sure they want to correct for 2022.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:22
max_speed wrote:
No matter how strongly we feel about Alonso talent and pray for a stroner Alpine. I do not think Alpine gonna win in next 10 years. They are too far from top teams level. For now just enjoy Alonso and build new memories of his racing excellence.
Next year is one of those years that anyone can win.

Right now with that HUGE damage to Max's RBR, the CAP, the cost of the repairs; you got to think that RBR are gonna be on the back foot going into next year.
Any team who wants to be challenging can’t be lacking in power/packaging/installation/cooling/center of gravity/weight and mechanical performance. Everything will need to be working like clockwork with the limited aero rules to give a team a good chance. The teams who can take advantage of having a packaging advantage as well as obviously whatever aero tricks are still left will be up there. There’s a lot they need to get right.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 22:58
@REDNEO was there ever any doubt? ;)
The race was also better than expected. I knew just watching Alonso was just holding back to keep Perez from overtaking Stroll and after Perez pitted sure enough Alonso opened up the gap.

Andres125sx

max_speed wrote:
This would be true with same ruleset, but next season it´s all new so none can know what will be next season perfomance for any team

But we know Alonso, he would have never joined Renault/Alpine if he does not think there will be a chance to fight for titles next season

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 14:41
max_speed wrote:
This would be true with same ruleset, but next season it´s all new so none can know what will be next season perfomance for any team

But we know Alonso, he would have never joined Renault/Alpine if he does not think there will be a chance to fight for titles next season
Plus we have more tunnel time than any of the other top teams!

max_speed

Andres125sx wrote:
max_speed wrote:

I would love to ride your optimism boat but so far alpine has not shown something to be more optimistic about next year. They have gone backwards this year and i am not sure how confident engineering team will feel going into next year.

diffuser

max_speed wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 17:49
Andres125sx wrote:
max_speed wrote:

I would love to ride your optimism boat but so far alpine has not shown something to be more optimistic about next year. They have gone backwards this year and i am not sure how confident engineering team will feel going into next year.
Maybe but there is no correlation on how well they're gonna do this year with how well they'll do next year. You're basing Alpine's next year sucess on this year's track performance but you don't know how much budget they allocate to the 2021 car or how much of that they held back for the 2022 car. Maybe they took 50% of the 2021 car's budget and put it toward 2022?

Too many unknowns.

RedNEO

max_speed wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
max_speed wrote:

It doesn’t really make sense to judge next year based on this year because there running 2019 chassis and engine at the moment.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 07:45
max_speed wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

It doesn’t really make sense to judge next year based on this year because there running 2019 chassis and engine at the moment.

It's like the guys that were dumping on Alonso at the bigginng of the year and saying stuff like he's old and he's ruining his reputation, etc etc etc. I said "he's here for a year or 2 so lets stop shiiting on him after every race and give him a chance!" . Same Is true for 2022 Alpine challenger, don't start shitting on it before it has been created and you have no idea what it looks like. We'll have plenty of time next year.

diffuser

Its noticable that an aspect of F1 is missing. Alpine hasn't had any car updates for a couple of races already. The only teams bringing updates are Merc and RBR. I get it but it kind of sucks.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:28
Its noticable that an aspect of F1 is missing. Alpine hasn't had any car updates for a couple of races already. The only teams bringing updates are Merc and RBR. I get it but it kind of sucks.
They are only 8 points from 5th place and have had significantly less changed on there car compared to AT and AM so if they can focus on making the current package faster without updates it will benefit them. They don’t have the luxury of being supported by there A-teams so this next step is going to be the most anticipated, difficult and most valued going into 2022.

It’s time to get excited about going into the unknown again, sure the same top teams will still be there unlike 2009 but this time it’s not unrealistic to say other teams can’t get involved with the right people and knowhow/tools with budgets converging.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:35
diffuser wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:28
They are only 8 points from 5th place and have had significantly less changed on there car compared to AT and AM so if they can focus on making the current package faster without updates it will benefit them. They don’t have the luxury of being supported by there A-teams so this next step is going to be the most anticipated, difficult and most valued going into 2022.

It’s time to get excited about going into the unknown again, sure the same top teams will still be there unlike 2009 but this time it’s not unrealistic to say other teams can’t get involved with the right people and knowhow/tools with budgets converging.
It's just one of the things I like about F1, looking for car updates and the excitement of thier possible improvements.

diffuser

Looks like Alonso contract for next year is gonna get activitated. It's a One + One, I think that means that activating the 2022 will automatically add a option for 2023?