2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 -18

Marko stated that he doesnt want to use underhanded tactics to win. He is confident his package will win the championship with Max.
So I see RedBull reaaally pushing upgrsdes going forward.

I say it again. I am glad Max is OK. But I cannot pretend that I don't take the chassis damage and possible extra engine with both hands because Merc need every advantage they can get to win this year.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

max_speed
max_speed

PlatinumZealot wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 17:19
Marko stated that he doesnt want to use underhanded tactics to win. He is confident his package will win the championship with Max.

I say it again. I am glad Max is OK. But I cannot pretend that I don't take the chassis damage and possible extra engine with both hands because Merc need every advantage they can get to win this year.
Mercedes has made it clear servant bottas will be at service of sir highness. Perez has to step up now. As long as he is lurking near lewis this will never happen again.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

max_speed wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 17:41

Mercedes has made it clear servant bottas will be at service of sir highness. Perez has to step up now. As long as he is lurking near lewis this will never happen again.
So shouldn't that be servant Perez has to step up? :roll: :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ispano6

It's as they, what goes around comes around. There will be a balance, wrong will be righted, any artificial advantage will be undone, just like the teams that were less suited for the floor changes in the beginning of the season. Mercedes has caught up chassis wise, they've no excuse to say they have an inferior car. Whichever team wins the championship deserves to because that team will be developing their car until the very end, that is of course there are no other questionable tactics.

PlatinumZealot

ispano6 wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 17:59
It's as they, what goes around comes around. There will be a balance, wrong will be righted, any artificial advantage will be undone, just like the teams that were less suited for the floor changes in the beginning of the season. Mercedes has caught up chassis wise, they've no excuse to say they have an inferior car. Whichever team wins the championship deserves to because that team will be developing their car until the very end, that is of course there are no other questionable tactics.
How do you know this?

Marko Horner, Allison and Wolff say otherwise.

maxxer
maxxer

max_speed wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 17:41

really what bs Verstappen is more sir highness the car is build around him

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

Didnt you publicly announce to leave the forum as soon as Hamilton started losing races?

And now you came back as Mercedes is on top again and Hamilton is back in the WDC fight. :lol:

I couldnt make this stuff up =D>

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

aMessageToCharlie wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 18:25

Didnt you publicly announce to leave the forum as soon as Hamilton started losing races?

And now you came back as Mercedes is on top again and Hamilton is back in the WDC fight. :lol:

Yep heโ€™s conveniently forgotten to answer any of my previous questions on thatโ€ฆ. It clearly wasnโ€™t bullying that drove him away. And fwiw I like PZ but dislike selectivity and unable to be objective even if one might support one driver more over another. Poor sportsmanship imho

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

101FlyingDutchman wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 14:38
Can I just ask, what those that support HAM think about the stewards saying he was predominantly to blame? Why do you think this is?
I think it was a response to the severity of the impact. I think they felt they needed to be seen to be doing something or it would look bad for the sport/the FIA/the stewards. Perhaps there was a worry that it would look like Hamilton was let off because it was his home race in front of a big crowd. There is politics in these decisions, even if there shouldn't be.

I think that if they thought it was "serious blame", they'd have either DSQ Hamilton or given something more serious than a 10 second penalty to be served at the pitstop.

But that's just my opinion.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Diesel wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 16:39
Wouter wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 16:30
Toto Wolff visited the stewards at the British Grand Prix when they were investigating the incident involving Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton. Red Bull Racing strongly criticised the incident and now the FIA agrees with the objections made by the Austrian racing team.

FIA director Michael Masi sent the new directive to all teams on Wednesday, PA news agency reported. The purpose of the email was that Masi wanted to "clarify the way in which a competitor, its duly authorised representatives and/or drivers are granted access to the stewards' office."

"Access to the stewardsโ€™ office is strictly limited to the stewards, the stewardsโ€™ secretary and the stewards operator. Admission is only permitted with the prior approval of the stewards or following a decision of the stewards to summons a competitor and/or driver. Any competitor or person associated with a competitor who does not comply with the requirements outlined above may be considered to have breached Article 12.2.1.i of the International Sporting Code. We trust that the above is clear.โ€

A penalty will be awarded which can range from a reprimand to a fine, points deduction, or even disqualification
It's ridiculous because it was Masi who suggested Toto go and speak to the stewards! Horner was also the first to kick it off by lobbying Masi directly. He also visited the stewards after Toto had done so.

Masi said: "I suggest if you want to, Toto, feel free to go upstairs and see the stewards directly."
After the race, Masi said he did not have a problem with teams going to see the stewards.

"If we have an incident after the race, we invite the teams and the drivers to come up and appear before the stewards," he said.

"We had the case in Monza last year when Lewis went and spoke to the stewards to understand what happened and have a look at the whole picture. During the suspension, that ability exists, so there's no reason not to."
Regardless of what you think of the incident. This is 100% the pot calling the kettle black. Horner and Toto were just as bad as each other in this instance, and Masi didn't help matters.
Typical knee jerk reaction to someone complaining. Red Bull complained about Toto and now this change has been announced. Let's hope for Red Bull's sake that it isn't them wanting to go to the stewards next time. That would be ironic.

The annoying thing is the flip-flop nature of it all. Masi told Toto to go to the stewards. So Toto did. Now, it's suddenly the worst thing in the world and could even get someone DSQ. Really? Is the sport being run by teenagers? :evil:

xaero
xaero

The pot calling the cattle black :shock:. Chronicles of verstappen
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 18:50
Wouter wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 16:30
It's ridiculous because it was Masi who suggested Toto go and speak to the stewards! Horner was also the first to kick it off by lobbying Masi directly. He also visited the stewards after Toto had done so.

Masi said: "I suggest if you want to, Toto, feel free to go upstairs and see the stewards directly."
After the race, Masi said he did not have a problem with teams going to see the stewards.

"If we have an incident after the race, we invite the teams and the drivers to come up and appear before the stewards," he said.

"We had the case in Monza last year when Lewis went and spoke to the stewards to understand what happened and have a look at the whole picture. During the suspension, that ability exists, so there's no reason not to."
Regardless of what you think of the incident. This is 100% the pot calling the kettle black. Horner and Toto were just as bad as each other in this instance, and Masi didn't help matters.
Typical knee jerk reaction to someone complaining. Red Bull complained about Toto and now this change has been announced. Let's hope for Red Bull's sake that it isn't them wanting to go to the stewards next time. That would be ironic.

The annoying thing is the flip-flop nature of it all. Masi told Toto to go to the stewards. So Toto did. Now, it's suddenly the worst thing in the world and could even get someone DSQ. Really? Is the sport being run by teenagers? :evil:
Did Masi not say he is OK with teams going to see the stewards, as long as it was after the race? A quick look around does not find it, but I'm reasonably sure (or Possibly it was Charlie?)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Big Tea wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 18:54
Just_a_fan wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 18:50

Did Masi not say he is OK with teams going to see the stewards, as long as it was after the race? A quick look around does not find it, but I'm reasonably sure (or Possibly it was Charlie?)
No, Masi definitely said teams were welcome to go the stewards any time, and reminded us of when Lewis went up to them re. Entering the pits when closed during the red flag session

If you look into his comments further, I donโ€™t think he means people canโ€™t go to the stewards, he just says you canโ€™t go barging-in, you have to wait for them to open the doorโ€ฆ so to speak

F1's race director has allegedly sent a note to competitors clarifying that in the future access to the stewards' office for team personnel will be contingent on a "prior approval"
https://f1i.com/news/413098-masi-restri ... ffice.html

Roo
Roo

Big Tea wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 15:43
101FlyingDutchman wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 14:38
Can I just ask, what those that support HAM think about the stewards saying he was predominantly to blame? Why do you think this is?

I can see why VER had some part of the blame coming to him. Yes he did absolutely leave racing room but perhaps could have turned in slightly later (I wasnโ€™t driving, I guess he wanted to try and make the corner side by side somehow and thought he had to turn in this hard). But perhaps he could have done it at less of a turn in ratio?

But where do you think HAM was actually at fault? I genuinely want to know.
( Not a 100% HAM supporter, I also like several others including Max) To me it is because he was in the wrong place.
Leave aside if he was allowed to be there or intended to be there, it is there he was and that triggered the accident.
It is also fair to say the same about Max, but I think he got his punishment for the offense by the result.
I've been following the forum for a while, more so since Sunday. This thread has been interesting, i apologise this the the post I'm replying to. It sums the division in the forum, and perhaps gaslighting that occurred before the race at Silverstone.

The quoted post seems to remove racing rights for LH and not for MV, and believes that is balanced. It infers space belongs to MV, which is the root of MV supports arguement. I want to reverse that argument

To me it is because he (MV) was in the wrong place. Leave aside if he (MV) was allowed to be there or intended to be there, it is there he (MV) was and that triggered the accident. Given that LH, if James Allision is to believed, MV into LHs space it cannot be LHx fault.

The punishment section interests me; the 10 seconds punishes the incident, why does outcome matter for punishment? The stewards saying he was predominantly to blame; if he is predominately to blame, a proportion of that blame lasts elsewhere, is that harvey the rabbit or MV? If it's MV, i'm intested in when he'll receive his penalty.. As it it the penatly infers whole blame on LH and no predominant blame.

There is some interesting discussion; for me LH position on the track was really smart. MV for me, was schooled.
Last edited by Roo on 22 Jul 2021, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

aMessageToCharlie wrote: โ†‘
22 Jul 2021, 18:25

Such an attempt to get my attention. I have been walking pass but I will stop this once.
No I did not. Keep trying. :wink: