2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
aral
aral

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Once again, i want to remind you that this is NOT the race thread. If you want to discuss something that happened in the race, PLEASE go to the correct thread rather than destroy this thread with your arguments. As stated earlier, off topic comments will be removed. Please show some respect for the forum.

Wouter

https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/video/vide ... el/499106/

Tom Coronel [ WTCR driver] spoke to Verstappen after crash: "It's not normal how strong he is in his head"

"I have been in contact with both Jos and Max and the response was just very professional.
It was so good that I thought: 'You are not strong in your head, but über strong'. Not normal.
I expected him to grumble a little bit, but being to me as a driver he did the exact opposite:
[Max:] "No problem man, it'll be fine," the WTCR driver told Motorsport.com.

Tom Coronel was therefore even somewhat surprised by the reaction of Verstappen, for whom he has a lot of respect.
“He was very down to earth.
[Max:] "Haha, he [Lewis] is under pressure and next time I'll get him." No grumbling, no whining, nothing at all. This guy's confidence is also his skill. That makes it tough and I think that's what's great about the entire training and way of thinking of Max and Jos. "We speak in performance, goodbye"."
The Power of Dreams!

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

Wouter wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:29

Tom Coronel [ WTCR driver] spoke to Verstappen after crash: "It's not normal how strong he is in his head"

"I have been in contact with both Jos and Max and the response was just very professional.
It was so good that I thought: 'You are not strong in your head, but über strong'. Not normal.
I expected him to grumble a little bit, but being to me as a driver he did the exact opposite:

Tom Coronel was therefore even somewhat surprised by the reaction of Verstappen, for whom he has a lot of respect.
[Max:] "Haha, he [Lewis] is under pressure and next time I'll get him." No grumbling, no whining, nothing at all. This guy's confidence is also his skill. That makes it tough and I think that's what's great about the entire training and way of thinking of Max and Jos. "We speak in performance, goodbye"."
That has warmed the cockles of my heart Wouter. Thank you for posting.

Wouter

Slo Poke wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:23
Wouter wrote:

You're welcome @Slo Poke. Me too. I was so glad to hear something from him after that horrible crash!
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Slo Poke wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:23
Wouter wrote:

Same, that was my biggest fear, but if he already shook it off, game on. Lets goooooo!
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 15:05

Same, that was my biggest fear, but if he already shook it off, game on. Lets goooooo!
Max has had 51G on his head and neck, among other things.
He has had all kinds of scans and everything appears to be fine at the moment.
However, such a blow often produces neurological complaints after months.
So it remains to be seen what damage this crash has caused.
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Ryar wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 15:44
Wouter wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 15:18
godlameroso wrote:

Insensitivity about Max's health due to the immense impact of the incident on the race thread is mind boggling. It's nauseating and makes me wonder for the kind of human beings they are. I just hope there are no internal injuries and he will be the force that he is. Hope he can come back and crush it like in the past few races.
If you are that traumatised by it, you should read this.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC161559/

( Levendusky et al3 suggested that most opportunities for heading occur at ball velocities less than 65 km/h. A ball traveling 65 km/h hits a solid object for 10.23 milliseconds at a force of 850 to 912 N with an acceleration of 30 to 55 g (gravitational) forces.)

It is 20 years old so may be superseded.
Last edited by Big Tea on 22 Jul 2021, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Goldwing
Goldwing

Wouter wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Agree 100%. In some accident in the road, the body is ok...otuside, as the modern cars ar very safe. But the organs in the body cannot endure the sudden deceleration. 51G is brutal force, and seeing that the pilot step out and seems "live" is ok, but it can have long effect and anything can happen in following days after the accident.

It was a professianally made harsh "irragularity" byLH.I think(just to to be PC enough)Nat 50-50not 51-49%. It is 100% LH. It was practiced in the simulator? Have you tried to do it in your game at home? Try it.
But 'im sure Max will be stronger than ever after summer break. (Hungaring is too early)

godlameroso

The worst thing is getting hit in the back of the head. Those are the most damaging injuries, internal organs are well protected, skin muscle, and fat absorb most any impact. Circulation is the one thing that can be affected after a big impact.

A lot of physical therapy involves you standing in a machine that shakes your legs, because that improves circulation without having to do a horse stance, or something silly like that. Walking also works great at improving circulation, far more than any stationary exercise will(except standing like a tree, that's great exercise), and it's very low impact. These are world class athletes though, they give their hearts good workouts so their circulation should be fine.
Saishū kōnā

LaplacesDemon
LaplacesDemon

Wouter wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

No he hasnt.
The survival cell has, not the driver.

Ryar

LaplacesDemon wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 00:22
Wouter wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

No he hasnt.
Right. Max was in the air, levitating inside the cockpit when the car hit the barrier. :)
Hakuna Matata!

dans79

Ryar wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 05:16
LaplacesDemon wrote:
Wouter wrote:

No he hasnt.
Right. Max was in the air, levitating inside the cockpit when the car hit the barrier. :)

https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda ... -/6633616/
In-car sensors estimated that the impact registered at 51G, which was the biggest crash of Verstappen's career.
Note it says in-car, not in Max.

Max didn't experience 51G, unless you have proof that he had a G sensor on/in him.

The entire point of the side impact structures, the foam around the cockpit, and even the foam in his helmut is to reduce the load Max experiences.
197 104 103 7

Ryar

dans79 wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 06:27
Ryar wrote:
LaplacesDemon wrote:

No he hasnt.

In-car sensors estimated that the impact registered at 51G, which was the biggest crash of Verstappen's career.

Max didn't experience 51G, unless you have proof that he had a G sensor on/in him.

The entire point of the side impact structures, the foam around the cockpit, and even the foam in his helmut is to reduce the load Max experiences.
There are no "in driver" sensors for g-force measurement in f1 so far. That is just basic common sense. As a general measure, the impact measured from "in car" sensors are considered to be the impact the driver experiences too. The mechanisms put in place in a car, are to avoid all kinds of post impact physical injuries. That doesn't mean the driver didn't had the impact of g-force. Stop trivilializing it to prove a moot point.

Here is an analysis of motorsport crashes where a driver suffered 51g, "in car" measured (in your words), g-force impacts.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16531891/
An analysis of maximum vehicle G forces and brain injury in motorsports crashes.

Results: We analyzed 374 crashes. A driver in a crash with an impact of > or =50 G developed a head injury 16.0% (30/188) versus 1.6% (3/186) in those of <50 G (P < 0.001). The mean peak G for those with head injury was 79.6 (SD 28.5) versus 50.6 (SD 28.0) in those with no head injury (P < 0.001).

Conclusion: Findings were that IRL car crashes with peak vehicle G > or = 50 were associated with the development of traumatic brain injuries.
Last edited by Ryar on 23 Jul 2021, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata!

dans79

Ryar wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 06:43
dans79 wrote:
Ryar wrote:

An analysis of maximum vehicle G forces and brain injury in motorsports crashes.

Results: We analyzed 374 crashes. A driver in a crash with an impact of > or =50 G developed a head injury 16.0% (30/188) versus 1.6% (3/186) in those of <50 G (P < 0.001). The mean peak G for those with head injury was 79.6 (SD 28.5) versus 50.6 (SD 28.0) in those with no head injury (P < 0.001).

Conclusion: Findings were that IRL car crashes with peak vehicle G > or = 50 were associated with the development of traumatic brain injuries.
That study was done using ancient data when it comes to safety.
We analyzed data regarding Indy Racing League (IRL) car crashes from 1996 to 2003 and compared the likelihood of head injury in those drivers who were in a vehicle that sustained an impact of ≥50 G versus those with a lesser impact. The mean maximal G for those with head injury was compared with those without head injury.
For example Formula1 didn't even mandate a hans devise till 2003!
197 104 103 7

Ryar

dans79 wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 06:56
Ryar wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 06:43
dans79 wrote:

That study was done using ancient data when it comes to safety.
We analyzed data regarding Indy Racing League (IRL) car crashes from 1996 to 2003 and compared the likelihood of head injury in those drivers who were in a vehicle that sustained an impact of ≥50 G versus those with a lesser impact. The mean maximal G for those with head injury was compared with those without head injury.
For example Formula1 didn't even mandate a hans devise till 2003!
I take it that you are implying there are no possibilities of any sort of internal injuries to a driver in modern day sports cars and that there are zero chances of long term impacts to brain, that are not apparent in the immediate aftermath. I don't see any other point of an adamant argument on this. While the point that i have, is a genuine concern for a driver experiencing such a massive crash.
Hakuna Matata!