2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
LM10
LM10

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 -18

El Scorchio

LM10 wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 18:54
Ha! pretty much, I reckon.

Mogster

dans79 wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 14:18
Wouter wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 14:14
Marty_Y wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 13:47
https://uk.motor1.com/news/521966/merce ... ebrations/

Mercedes had Verstappen all-clear before British GP celebrations
That is very strange, because the results of the scans in the hospital, which show whether or not there are internal injuries, were only released around 9/10 p.m. in the evening.
What time were the celebrations?
Not that late, but that doesn't mean that RBR management, or FIA officials didn't prematurely say he was ok.
Apparently even Jos said he was OK when asked during the race.

Is the whole paddock supposed to be in mourning every time someone has a trip to the hospital for precautionary scans now?

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Marty_Y wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 13:47

Mercedes had Verstappen all-clear before British GP celebrations
That is very strange, because the results of the scans in the hospital, which show whether or not there are internal injuries, were only released around 9/10 p.m. in the evening.
Not that late, but that doesn't mean that RBR management, or FIA officials didn't prematurely say he was ok.
Christian Horner a few hours ago.

I am also still disappointed about the level of celebrations enjoyed in the wake of the accident.
The Mercedes team were aware of the gravity of the crash with Max widely reported as having been hospitalised and requiring further checks.
It is unimaginable not to inform your driver of the situation, moreover to protect your driver in case they do not show the necessary restraint in celebrating, particularly when it was as a result of an incident he was penalised for.
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 20:06
dans79 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

I am also still disappointed about the level of celebrations enjoyed in the wake of the accident.
The Mercedes team were aware of the gravity of the crash with Max widely reported as having been hospitalised and requiring further checks.
It is unimaginable not to inform your driver of the situation, moreover to protect your driver in case they do not show the necessary restraint in celebrating, particularly when it was as a result of an incident he was penalised for.
So what, Mercedes said they where given the all clear by the FIA and RBR during the race.

Mercedes has explained it only went ahead with its British Grand Prix victory celebrations because it had been told by Red Bull and the FIA that Max Verstappen was uninjured.

"We had the feedback from senior management of Red Bull that Max was fine. Christian [Horner] mentioned it to [F1 race director] Michael Masi on the intercom that he's unharmed and fine, and the FIA gave us similar feedback.
RBR, Horner, Marco, Jos, Max, and the "orange army" can fain outrage all they want.....
197 104 103 7

Brake Horse Power
Brake Horse Power

Beside the whole blame game i think the penalty for Max is a bit disproportionate. He miss 25 points, and 1,8million damage (budget cap) and possibly (probably?) a write off of engine and gearbox which would mean an additional grid penalty..

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Mogster wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 19:52
dans79 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Apparently even Jos said he was OK when asked during the race.

Is the whole paddock supposed to be in mourning every time someone has a trip to the hospital for precautionary scans now?
Agree. Blown way out of proportion, as usual with Horner and co. Time to move on.

f1jcw
f1jcw

dans79 wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 20:20
Wouter wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 20:06
dans79 wrote:

So what, Mercedes said they where given the all clear by the FIA and RBR during the race.

Mercedes has explained it only went ahead with its British Grand Prix victory celebrations because it had been told by Red Bull and the FIA that Max Verstappen was uninjured.

"We had the feedback from senior management of Red Bull that Max was fine. Christian [Horner] mentioned it to [F1 race director] Michael Masi on the intercom that he's unharmed and fine, and the FIA gave us similar feedback.
RBR, Horner, Marco, Jos, Max, and the "orange army" can fain outrage all they want.....
What do these people want?

Did they want a wake in front of a 140,000 crowd. The more they push the more absurd they make themselves

Big Tea

Appologies, I had posted an opinion here and later decided it was the better part of valour to withdraw it, which incidentally is in a large part related to the content and reaction :mrgreen: Caaaaalm
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

GOAT wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 08:51
PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 23:51

Only two people figured it out.

Why would I leave after thirteen years as user? And even more as a reader?
Don't be silly now....
Obviously everybody has the right to experience their own mental breakdown in privacy, it’s certainly not a joke.

I am glad you’re doing ok and I wish you a strong recovery bro.
Yeah. It's been pretty tough not dominating and all that. It was to be 120 wins by 2022. So I'm a bit depressed it might be maybe 110 wins or so.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ringo

Brake Horse Power wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 20:42
Beside the whole blame game i think the penalty for Max is a bit disproportionate. He miss 25 points, and 1,8million damage (budget cap) and possibly (probably?) a write off of engine and gearbox which would mean an additional grid penalty..
Yep.. by his own recklessness! He can think about that now when driving going forward.
For Sure!!

Kingshark
Kingshark

Brake Horse Power wrote:
A pissed off Max is a dangerous Max.

He was already the best driver on the grid by a margin before Silverstone, but I think that this incident will push him to another level. He will feel furious by the injustice that you described and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go on another winning run.

ringo

Kingshark wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 22:29
Brake Horse Power wrote:
A pissed off Max is a dangerous Max.

He was already the best driver on the grid by a margin before Silverstone, but I think that this incident will push him to another level. He will feel furious by the injustice that you described and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go on another winning run.
Is that so?
No comment on best driver by a margin. There's more to being the best than lapping fast.
But Max should be careful he does not go over the edge.
He has the best car that would allow him to just drive to the pace of the car snd collect podiums. He should not focus on Lewis.

But something tells me he cannot resist. He may even try to get physical with lewis i suspect.
For Sure!!

GOAT

PlatinumZealot wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 22:13
GOAT wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 08:51
PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 23:51

Only two people figured it out.

Why would I leave after thirteen years as user? And even more as a reader?
Don't be silly now....
Obviously everybody has the right to experience their own mental breakdown in privacy, it’s certainly not a joke.

I am glad you’re doing ok and I wish you a strong recovery bro.
Yeah. It's been pretty tough not dominating and all that. It was to be 120 wins by 2022. So I'm a bit depressed it might be maybe 110 wins or so.
I completely understand buddy- it takes character to adjust your approach in life; it should not be taken lightly.

=D>
Truly admirable and an example for all of us.

Kingshark
Kingshark

ringo wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 23:56
Is that so?
No comment on best driver by a margin. There's more to being the best than lapping fast.
But Max should be careful he does not go over the edge.
Max was not the one who planted his car into the barrier in Imola or threw away 25 points in Baku thanks to brake magic. Not only has he shown great speed this season, he’s been objectively the most consistent driver.
He has the best car that would allow him to just drive to the pace of the car snd collect podiums. He should not focus on Lewis.
It wasn’t the best last weekend. The best car was the one that qualified on sprint pole on Friday, but lost it at the start on Saturday.