2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 -18

GOAT wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 00:19

I completely understand buddy- it takes character to adjust your approach in life; it should not be taken lightly.

=D>
Truly admirable and an example for all of us.
Yes. It's quite a nervous time anticipating these 100 wins, 100 poles and the Octet of championships. Wiki says 100 poles.. That last win is 99 am I correct?

For win 100 Hungary would be the perfect place but Zandvoort would be the sweetest.

The hardest tyres will be used so advantage Mercedes hopefully.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

ringo

Kingshark wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 02:21
ringo wrote: โ†‘
23 Jul 2021, 23:56
Is that so?
No comment on best driver by a margin. There's more to being the best than lapping fast.
But Max should be careful he does not go over the edge.
Max was not the one who planted his car into the barrier in Imola or threw away 25 points in Baku thanks to brake magic. Not only has he shown great speed this season, heโ€™s been objectively the most consistent driver.
He has the best car that would allow him to just drive to the pace of the car snd collect podiums. He should not focus on Lewis.
It wasnโ€™t the best last weekend. The best car was the one that qualified on sprint pole on Friday, but lost it at the start on Saturday.
Ok i respect your perception. Will not longer discuss. As i dont know which sport you are watching thinking the mercedes is the better car.
For Sure!!

Ryar

24 Jul 2021, 06:32
24 Jul 2021, 02:21
23 Jul 2021, 23:56
Is that so?
No comment on best driver by a margin. There's more to being the best than lapping fast.
But Max should be careful he does not go over the edge.
Max was not the one who planted his car into the barrier in Imola or threw away 25 points in Baku thanks to brake magic. Not only has he shown great speed this season, heโ€™s been objectively the most consistent driver.
He has the best car that would allow him to just drive to the pace of the car snd collect podiums. He should not focus on Lewis.
It wasnโ€™t the best last weekend. The best car was the one that qualified on sprint pole on Friday, but lost it at the start on Saturday.
Ok i respect your perception. Will not longer discuss. As i dont know which sport you are watching thinking the mercedes is the better car.
Same can be said about your perception. :)
The car that was on pole (usual format), was the fastest. If not for a fluffed start (4 times this season), it would have been on pole with the new format too.
Hakuna Matata!

Kingshark
Kingshark

It was the better car around Silverstone, never said it was the better car overall. Please stop twisting my words in order to make your own position look better

Jolle
Jolle

I wish they had a camera again in the drivers meeting before the weekend, like they did a few seasons ago. Just for the moment when Hamilton asks Masi for a clarification of the FIA guidelines for overtaking.

adrianjordan

I love how people claim Max was "hospitalised" just to stir up emotions.

He was not "hospitalised" as that implies he was admitted to hospital. He was not. He was taken to an Accident & Emergency Department at a hospital that was not the closest (Northampton Major Trauma Centre is closer and has all the same facilities as Coventry), so was just waiting on PRECAUTIONARY scans.

In the UK we work to NICE guidelines on when someone gets a CT scan after a head injury.

I'm at work and on my phone, so can't find a link right now, but suffice to say that Max reported symptoms which meant he needed a precautionary scan and to be observed for a few hours. That is why he was sent to not the nearest hospital.

If they had any immediate concerns, the sort that would have actually resulted in hospitalisation, they would have sent him to the closest Major Trauma Centre in Northampton.

The word "hospitalised" is clearly being used in an emotive way to stir an argument here.

NB: I'm a McLaren fan who thinks it was a racing incident and was just disappointed it didn't give Lando a chance for a home podium.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

adrianjordan

23 Jul 2021, 06:40
dans79 wrote: โ†‘
23 Jul 2021, 06:36
23 Jul 2021, 06:33

2001 is the first season I watched live. I watched 1997 and 1999 in full through some dodgy websites.

Anyway, thatโ€™s not really relevant to the point.
your profile says you're 25, so I find it hard to believe you have any detailed memories of 2001.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25163
The first race I ever watched involved a red car fighting a white car. It was late 2001. The first corner was a right-left sequence.

In hindsight, it could have been either USA or Monza 2001.

The first season I followed in detail (keeping track of points and everything) was 2003.
When you were 7?? Jeez that's impressive!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Jolle
Jolle

adrianjordan wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 09:43
I love how people claim Max was "hospitalised" just to stir up emotions.

He was not "hospitalised" as that implies he was admitted to hospital. He was not. He was taken to an Accident & Emergency Department at a hospital that was not the closest (Northampton Major Trauma Centre is closer and has all the same facilities as Coventry), so was just waiting on PRECAUTIONARY scans.

In the UK we work to NICE guidelines on when someone gets a CT scan after a head injury.

I'm at work and on my phone, so can't find a link right now, but suffice to say that Max reported symptoms which meant he needed a precautionary scan and to be observed for a few hours. That is why he was sent to not the nearest hospital.

If they had any immediate concerns, the sort that would have actually resulted in hospitalisation, they would have sent him to the closest Major Trauma Centre in Northampton.

The word "hospitalised" is clearly being used in an emotive way to stir an argument here.

NB: I'm a McLaren fan who thinks it was a racing incident and was just disappointed it didn't give Lando a chance for a home podium.
Itโ€™s words used by Horner as well, with an attempt to make it look like he had to stay overnight.

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... gp-debrief

I guess, although never been actually hospitalised myself, according to this, Iโ€™ve been at least ten times in the past few years.

NathanOlder

adrianjordan wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 09:44
23 Jul 2021, 06:40
dans79 wrote: โ†‘
23 Jul 2021, 06:36

your profile says you're 25, so I find it hard to believe you have any detailed memories of 2001.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25163
The first race I ever watched involved a red car fighting a white car. It was late 2001. The first corner was a right-left sequence.

In hindsight, it could have been either USA or Monza 2001.

The first season I followed in detail (keeping track of points and everything) was 2003.
When you were 7?? Jeez that's impressive!!
Indeed, I mean, I was 7 in 92, and I remember flashes when I was at Silverstone that year. My parents are both F1 fans so I was watching from as early as possible.

All my memories of 90-93 seem real memories, but when I think about it, they are probably memories from watching re runs and hughlights. Before the age of 7 I have a handful of memories of real life events but they are mainly big life moments (first day at school, deaths in the family, being at Silverstone and holidays abroad) So I would guess any memory of F1 on tv are not from when it was live, its more likely from seeing it again.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Ryar

PlatinumZealot wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 02:58

I completely understand buddy- it takes character to adjust your approach in life; it should not be taken lightly.

=D>
Yes. It's quite a nervous time anticipating these 100 wins, 100 poles and the Octet of championships. Wiki says 100 poles.. That last win is 99 am I correct?

For win 100 Hungary would be the perfect place but Zandvoort would be the sweetest.

Hardly surprising statistics aren't they? Considering 2 second a lap faster car for 7 seasons and 20 races long each. By conservative expectations, should have been more than 150 race wins and poles by now (including 2007, 08), which those cars were definitely worth. But then those mood swings weekend after weekend were understandable.
Hakuna Matata!

Mogster

Jolle wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 08:59
I wish they had a camera again in the drivers meeting before the weekend, like they did a few seasons ago. Just for the moment when Hamilton asks Masi for a clarification of the FIA guidelines for overtaking.
Yes. The televised drivers briefings were interesting, especially the interactions between the drivers and with CW.

The one from the Hungaroring would be dynamiteโ€ฆ

ringo

24 Jul 2021, 08:18
It was the better car around Silverstone, never said it was the better car overall. Please stop twisting my words in order to make your own position look better
Because the best car was in the barriers. :lol:
For Sure!!

NathanOlder

Mogster wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 14:01
Jolle wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 08:59
Yes. The televised drivers briefings were interesting, especially the interactions between the drivers and with CW.

The one from the Hungaroring would be dynamiteโ€ฆ
Yeah, oh how we need that for the following race. I wonder what the reason was for them to stop doing it?

Also like to add dor everyone.... Just ignore the troll guys, then they will hopefully go away
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

Ryar wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 11:45

=D>

Hardly surprising statistics aren't they? Considering 2 second a lap faster car for 7 seasons and 20 races long each. By conservative expectations, should have been more than 150 race wins and poles by now (including 2007, 08), which those cars were definitely worth. But then those mood swings weekend after weekend were understandable.
Yes. Wonderful job by a legendary team. People sad he joined the team for the money. I was doubtful as well. But look how it all turned out. Legendary stuff.

You can't win all the races if you have strong teammates. I'm quite happy with the rate of winning. It can't just be an unchallenged streak. That would be too mundane.

I don't think 150 wins will happen because the cars would be more equal after 2022. What many people fail to realize is that the best drivers are within a couple tenths of each eather on any given weekend and that swings depending on a mumber of factors.

So 100 wins i will be over the moon. 120 wins is the cherry on top.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

LM10
LM10

24 Jul 2021, 15:59
Ryar wrote: โ†‘
24 Jul 2021, 11:45

You can't win all the races if you have strong teammates.
Rosberg left end of 2016. :)