2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Ryar

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-never ... rules/?amp

“Never an official FIA document”– Toto Wolff sends mail of diagrams to FIA consisting of non-existing rules; Michael Masi is perplexed.
The diagram sent by Toto Wolff to Michael Masi after the collision between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen, for which the Mercedes’ team principal got trolled by the FIA race director, was apparently full of rules which don’t exist and were supposed to defend Hamilton.

According to a report by Motorsport-total.com, the FIA openly declared that the diagram “was never an official FIA document” and was never published or distributed among the teams.
I suspect someone from this forum must have given that document to Toto. :lol:
Hakuna Matata!

Santozini

Interesting comparison...

Will RedBull use something similar tomorrow?

djones

Santozini wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 15:36
Let's hope so then Hamilton will get his penalty points removed.

Wouter

djones wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 16:12
Santozini wrote:
:lol: #-o RB will certainly provide proof that Hamilton is not to blame, but Max is to blame! #-o
The Power of Dreams!

bonjon1979

Santozini wrote:
Interesting comparison...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGgpdb2WhRE

If they do then I doubt it’ll do anything to help them

GOAT

kenshi_blind wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 23:26
spare me the sarcasm / mockery . i do not have a Redbull,
Ok? :P
.. the stewards said it was a racing incident and it's time to move on
Source? :wtf:

GOAT

Cojones wrote:
Because he gets a few extra, receives a ban- and start with a clean sheet?

f1jcw

Wouter wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 16:51
djones wrote:
Santozini wrote:
:lol: #-o RB will certainly provide proof that Hamilton is not to blame, but Max is to blame! #-o
They could even add points to Max if they are so inclined

Espresso

Redd Bull is pushing for a clear decision in these situations.
Forcing the FIA to give a mandatory guidance to the stewards.

Should similar things happen in the future, then the stewards are bounded to the penalty they have to give..
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

PlatinumZealot

godlameroso wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 17:42

That was a twitch on the steering wheel at best, the trajectory of his car was constant. Hamilton slowed down while he was along side Verstappen but not enough. Funny he almost did the same thing to Leclerc, the fact he didn't do the same move a second time shows that he knew what he did the first time. Unlike Perez who punted Leclerc twice in Austria.

:shock: i cant beleieve this is coming from mister 2 millimeters himself!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

Ryar wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 14:25
Another interesting trajectory comparison of the incident, overlaying it with the move on Leclerc.

Its fabricated. Not even the track looks correct. It's a crooked-azz model. Lol.

Give me Karun's skypad anyday over this hand drawn hot wheels menagerie.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

RZS10

I guess he takes a handful of key frames and then measures the ratio of a car's part's position to track width and then puts those key positions into Blender and extrapolates everything in between, the track is fine since it's from Assetto Corsa and is laser scanned, it an old scan obviously but the track layout hasn't changed since.

Just_a_fan

I see the forum's front page article about the appeal is nicely one-sided.
The radio messages disclosed that Mercedes Team Principal Toto Wolff tried to influence the race stewards and the FIA Race Director Michael Masi by sending information via email.
No mention that Horner and a colleague had already tried to influence the race director by radioing him and telling him that the accident was all Hamilton's fault.

Really, I expect better of the news stories on this forum. It reads like the article's author has just copy/paste a Red Bull press release. Bad show, whoever Balazs Szabo is.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

RZS10

Ryar wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 15:09
https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-never ... rules/?amp

“Never an official FIA document”– Toto Wolff sends mail of diagrams to FIA consisting of non-existing rules; Michael Masi is perplexed.
The diagram sent by Toto Wolff to Michael Masi after the collision between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen, for which the Mercedes’ team principal got trolled by the FIA race director, was apparently full of rules which don’t exist and were supposed to defend Hamilton.

According to a report by Motorsport-total.com, the FIA openly declared that the diagram “was never an official FIA document” and was never published or distributed among the teams.
I suspect someone from this forum must have given that document to Toto. :lol:
Quality journalism right there - Masi indeed trolled Toto Wolff epic style. :roll:

Jokes aside, that 'article' (which is just a partially shoddy translation) leaves out the crucial part of explaining where that document came from, even though the part you left out still mentions some of it:

It was given to Mercedes by Whiting in 2015, and when Masi took over other personnel also changed (different team which he works with) thus neither him/his team nor the press department of the FIA knew what the document was, they just had no knowledge of it - and even if it was just an informal piece of communication between Mercedes and Whiting it still (quote: 'quite likely') contained the guidelines with which the stewards back then would have judged various situations and no one ever communicated that this had changed, so Merc believed those rules were still in place - the statement by the FIA only says that it's not an official document and that it's not being used in that form anymore and that it was never part of the rules (which was clear from the start) but that does not mean that it's "full of rules which don’t exist" as that fine piece of journalistic work would suggest.

The really interesting thing is though that this would suggest that Masi scrapped many things which were being used when he took over, it would however fit that some of the decisions made by him and the stewards ever since F1 lost Whiting as the race director seemed to be very different to those under Whiting.

______

And yea @just_a_fan ... i remember us complaining about the articles here several years ago, i still don't bother reading them.
Last edited by RZS10 on 29 Jul 2021, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.

void

What a shame for Red Bull, no one wants to see WDC be given on a tribunal. We want to see on track.
In my humble opinion Verstappen shouldn't drive like this with 33 points ahead of Hamilton in WDC. Verstappen took the risk and lose it. A WDC is not the bravest or the fastest but some times the smartest one. And Max was not the smartest on British GP.
It's ridiculous to read every Red Bull and Verstappen's press release, they should ask for some Professor Alain Prost advices.